Ingame Editor

:D:D Great work Don!!!!!!!

I have just tested V11, with CCTP (and many other Mods), and it works perfect for me.
Your work is so awesome, i cant wait to play my first games with IGE.
:goodjob:
Keep up your brilliant work.

like the changes and such but it seems i'm the bug finder so far lol...

I found that when adding ANY units in the IGE you start to form cities... Along with the unit being added to the game. No crash but not great if you got a line of cities next to each other with mech units in them...

Joey

Oops! :lol:

Thank you for your constant feedback, Mars83. :)
Here is the patch, I will wait a bit before I upload a new version to see whether new bugs are found or not.

Attachments

• IGE_CitiesPanel.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 149
DonQuiche, what exactly do we do/put the txt file?

I came to the forums specifically to find the fix for unit dropping creating cities. :)

Hello Ladynicole and welcome to the CFC forums. :)

First, exit civ5. Then go to "My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor/Panels".
You will find a "IGE_CitiesPanel.lua" file, replace it with the fixed version (after you changed the extension from ".txt" to ".lua").

Here is the patch, I will wait a bit before I upload a new version to see whether new bugs are found or not.

LOL
I installed the patch i'll give it a try abit later today... Since i don't have the items to change from txt to lua i copied and pasted the new with the old... though i know when the v12 mod comes out the fix will be there.

Joey

Hats of to you:thanx::hatsoff:

So simple and easy to use.

I have learned so much about how the games work with this mod.
Most of the buggs I have encountered have been mentioned

Again Wow nice work

Well i think i'm going wait for v12...the city icon has gone missing... I don't know its the effect of copy the patch in the IGE_CitiesPanel[1].txt and pasted it into IGE_CitiesPanel.lua...

Joey

What file do you relace the patch with? IGE_CitiesPanel or IGE_CitiesPanel.lua?

Hello everyone.

@MindXXX
You must replace the LUA file, not the XML one.

@Mars83
Sorry to heard something went wrong, you probably did some mistake while copying the content. So far, v12 only adds the fix, no new features or anything else (anyway, I consider IGE to be complete, there is only one thing I may add in the future). I am still waiting for possible new bugs before I release it.

@Nanzook
Thank you. :)

Version 12 has been released.
Final version unless bugs or incompatibilities are discovered.

Bugfixes
Fixes the bug that caused cities to be spawned anytime a unit was plopped.

A word from the author
While I will continue to support IGE, I do not plan to add new features and I am already working on something else, not related to civ5. Although I may satisfy future requests, I consider IGE to be mature and fine now as it is. As a result, I expect this thread's activity to decrease from now on.

I would like to thank all of you who supported this addon, for your cheers, your critics, your feedback, your bug reports, your patience sometimes, your positive ratings both on the CF database and the in-game mods browser. While, on the programming side, it was an uncomfortable and not very satisfying experience (although somehow refreshing due to the rudimentary approach), the users' community I found here on CF was one of the most pleasant to interact with in my developer's experience and, without you, I would have never pushed IGE that far.

Thanks to all of you and maybe we will encounter again on other horizons. :cheers:

PS : If you ever find a bug or a mod incompatibility, just post here as you used to do, I will be warned through e-mails.

Unfortunately, I am not surprised, the error you reported was likely caused by a mod incompatibility. Should you decide to test which mod caused IGE to fail, I would be interested to know so that I can quickly make IGE tolerant to it. Once I know the mod, it only takes a couple of minutes to install it, figure out the problem and fix it.

Just find some kind of bug, when you play with CCTP and you choose the policy (monarchie), should give plus 3 hf":D" per garrison , it doesnt function. When i wait to choose the policy normally, it works perfect. Not yet tested with other policies tribes.

BTW:confused: Is there a way to change the time with IGE? It would by so great when we could change the legal Year. Thats would be very awesome, but sadly you finished the mod already. :lol:?

Hello Gilgamesch. :)

Wow! You spotted a nice bug, thank you very much! Indeed, the bug's extent is far wider than what you have imagined: actually, the initial bonus granted when you unlock a branch and the finisher granted when you complete one are NEVER granted. It's not specific to CCTP, it occurs without any mod!

Indeed, I always thought those bonuses were automatically granted and I just realized that I had to make IGE grant them. Seems like no one noticed the problem before you did, congratulations. I completed the fix and will release a v13 in a couple of days, I am waiting for more bugs. Meanwhile, I suggest you use the "free policy" feature from the players' panel to unlock or complete branches.

Finally, I am still considering requests. Regarding the year, well... It's not possible to change the turn number but the displayed year can be changed (actually, I can change the starting year and the game infers the current year from the starting year and the turn number). However, it would produce an odd behaviour: currently, around 1900, the increment per turn is one year. Now if you set the start year at -10000, the increment per turn would be set to one year at -4100 and the final turns of the game would be -4101, -4102, etc. And this cannot be changed. Imho, it's too clumsy but I would like to hear what you think about it.

I can't open the editor in game when using it together with the Civilization NiGHTS mod. It opens and functions properly when it is used with other mods, but I receive this error when using it with Civilization NiGHTS:

line:237: attempt to call field 'CompareFileTime' (a nil value)

love what you have done with the editor since V4 when i last played civ :)

the game im playing now i started with V11, and i had the place city with troops bug
V12 fixxed that, but the interface is messed up, im guessing because i still have V4 and V11 installed? basically the first 2 options(edit tile edit city?) are repeated infinitely along the window, so i can only open the other options if i remember the shortcut:lol:

anyway im thinking that will resolve itself either when i start a new game or maybe if i can figure out how to delete the old versions
sofar i have been unable to find a mod folder in the steammap/civ5 folder
i have done searched for ingame editor, IGE, editor, mod, mods, etc but still havent found it

i also encountered the add policy bug wich it sounds like you are aware off, and i had to use the free SP trick
i think there is also a bug, where if you add cities they wont affect your SP cost, to get around that i guess you can spawn settlers and build the cities;)

Top Bottom