Ingame Editor

Damn!

I downloaded this mod and indeed discovered another error further the one I already fixed. The author actually did two spelling mistakes and it caused IGE to fail its initialization. I will report the problem.

Here is another version of the file. I tested v5 and those changes work. They probably work for v4 too, so here is the patched v4 file.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Attachments

• IGE_Data.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 210
Thank you for the great mod.

Just for your information:
I just tested it with InfoAddict and Total Mod (game patched, all Mods up to date).
Unfortunately your mod does break with Total Mod (No hex selection possible).

After deactivating Total Mod everything works fine again.

TOTAL MOD v.7

Yes it does, thank you. :)

Seems like you do have a mod that adds an improvement for an unknown resource. It may be because of a missing DLC (did any resource was added in a DLC ?), or because of an error from this mod's author.

Anyway, I patched v5 to make it tolerant against that. Here is also the file for v4 if you want to patch your version right now. Just replace the original IGE_Data.lua (in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/MODS/Ingame Editor (v4)) with this the one in the archive.

No resources were added as DLC, however, the Terrace Farm and Moai improvements were added as DLC.

@Scaenicus
Thanks for the report!
The problem was already known and fixed for v5 but I never published a patch for v4 so far. So I quickly merged back the modifications into v4 and you can find this new IGE_Data.lua below. It also includes other fixes made so far.

Again, it was caused by a spelling mistake in TotalMod, I will take care to report it. ;)
There may be other errors, though, I couldn't make this mod work correctly, I was faced with an empty tech tree.

@Sneaks
Thank you for the answer.

Attachments

• IGE_Data.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 198
So I quickly merged back the modifications
There may be other errors, though, I couldn't make this mod work correctly, I was faced with an empty tech tree.

Thank you for the hotfix.
I replaced the IGE_Data.lua in ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 4) with the version from the ZIP-file and started a new game with Total Mod.

Everything works fine with your mod.
The tech tree is empty even in Vanilla + only Total Mod. Seems to be an issue of "History of Making2" too. So you are not to blame and I will just not use it until it's updated to the last CIV5-patch.

Godspeed on your mod!

Someone mentioned being able to use Ingame Editor on Mac and I was wondering how to install this mod on Mac Civ 5. From what I am reading the Mac version doesn't do mods. Sorry if this is a totally newbie question (not surprising, from a newbie!). I've tried unpacking the zip file into various places that I think the game might pick up but it never seems to. Any help would be most appreciated.

thx!

--sid

Hello everyone!

@Sidcarton
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea on how to use mods on mac. However, I guess it involves running the PC version with that software that works like wine but dedicated to games (I forgot the name, sorry). I heard the performances are very good (better than the true mac version) however there may be crashes.

@black213
No "undo" feature yet but it is something I would like to add in the future.

However the next version will lead you to do less mistakes: clicking on a UI item will now cause interaction with this item (today, if you click on the diplo button in painting mode for example, the hex behind the button is painted). Only a part of the base UI will be visible when using IGE. Those UI elements have been duplicated, not modified, in order to ensure compatibility with other mods. I am really satisfied, it works like a charm.

@zwx, Scaenicus, MindXXX
Glad to hear the fixes worked. :)

ran into a bug
not sure if it has anything to do with this mod, as im running quite a few
however none of the other mods alter great people, so it could be this one

i had been playing around with the editor after starting a game with babylon
among other things spawning some great people, to check their abilities/buildings etc
that all went well :)
but when i later built the hagia sofia, and got a choice of a free great person, nothing happens when i click "chose great person"
that in itself is not a biggie, since i have an editor, i could just spawn one for me, but when i cant click "chose great person" it wont let me end turn
i tried reloading and finishing it again, that didnt help

ill try to continue the game, and finish the liberty tree, and check if the same thing happens
if i disable the mod, will it let me load a save at all?
if so i could try that, and then finish it to see if it still bugs out

5 am so will go to bed, ill try to play around with it tomorrow;)

Hello Donlep.

The mod itself cannot cause that. Now, it could still unwillingly trigger some civ5 bug (it happened before with people setting ocean tiles right next to land: the game couldn't generate the map when reloading the savegames) but, in this case, I would be really surprised and I would rather bet on another mod causing this.

If you want to find the culprit, you can test mods one by one but it may be caused by a combination of mods. You can also look at this post: I provide guidance on how to get rid of bugs (sometimes) and how to provide useful informations to developers otherwise. You can post your lua log here, I will inspect it for you although I am pretty sure IGE has nothing to see with this bug.

ok thx
the first version i tried of the editor was 4, so should be no old ones
i think i flushed the cache, i deleted every file in there, but kept the 2 folders downloads/images, as they where empty, and i had no clue if they need to be there

regarding the testing without other mods/with the mods one at the time, thats going to take a while, with hagia sofia being as late in game as it is

but hey who knows maybe flushing the cache did the trick ill try :)

ok pretty sure IGE isnt the culprit
tried disabling all mods, and my save games couldnt load
then tried only disabling IGE, and my saves worked, but i still couldnt chose a great person
so it seems to me that one of the other mods is messing things up
ill try to experiment further

ok tried disabling all mods 1 at the time
still had the bug, so i guess it could be a civ 5 bug?
if i disabled all mods the game crashed when i loaded giving me a runtime error

but im still wondering, if it could be connected to spawning some great people, early in the game with the editor?
ill try playing a bit longer to see if its also bugged for the free GP from finishing liberty SP tree
and then i guess ill try a game with just the editor, spawning tons of great persons to get me to hagia sofia in a few turns, and then try building it

found the culprit:goodjob:
treegrowth.v3 wich allows forrests to grow into new hexagons
i was actually considering disabling that one anyway, since at one point i had just cleared the forrest off my marble, and was building the quarry, when a new forrest respawned, delaying the start of my next wonder:lol:
found it by enabling my mods a few at the time, starting new games, editing in 5 great scientists and 1 great engineer, then bulbing the 5 techs needed for hagia sofia, and building it with a great engineer
oh and it bugged out the free great person from the liberty tree aswell
so i guess its time to start a new game:)

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to hear your desires for IGE. What features would you like to see ?

Indeed, v5 is well advanced; it will be a nice and big update. That means I will soon start working on v6 and I guess it will be the last upgrade version. So if you want a certain feature, please state it within the next couple of days.

Features already mentioned so far: undo, barbarians in civs lists, fog removal.

i would say being able to remove and add back fog would be sweet :)
right now if i where to add a natural wonder, then i can only place it in an area i have already explored(atleast if i want to see where it goes;))
when i place it in an explored area, i never get the "you found a natural wonder" popup, so i might not get the +1 happy, but thats not to important
the major thing is, when i have found the rest of the wonders, the game still thinks im missing one, making the city states ask me to find it
so being able to paint back fog would be really nice :)

Top Bottom