What do you think the Super Secret unit that is going to be in CIV5 is going to be

A lot of interesting and fun suggestions. I particularly like Zombies and Dr. Who. And cats. My suggestion is Santa Claus, who travels over the globe spreading toys to all the good little civ players (happiness.) He can only be unlocked on Christmas Day and his title will vary with your language and culture.

Some sort of fanatic/guerilla/terrorist unit that can be unlocked with a certain set of social policies might be cool. I don't know if they'd make a unit like this a joke. If they do it had better be a very difficult thing to unlock. As much as I would laugh at Godzilla being a unit the first time I saw it, if I unlocked it in half of my games without thinking about it, it would start to get irritating. I also wonder how this will affect multiplayer. If it's anything unbalancing it should be disabled. I'd hate to have to rush an attack on somebody to prevent them building godzilla.

You have a point about a way cool unit being unbalanced.. but I would delight in an avenging Godzilla wading through Shaka's cities, stomping on his tanks and toasting his Air Force after I've been nuked. Or that apocalyptic horseman from the scenario popping up to vaporize Cathy's three 150unit SoDs after she back-stabbed me.

I guess what I'd really like is Godzilla to appear when I use the resign command.

lol - the first thing that poped into my mind as i read the thread title was: finally, we will see "Giant Death Robots" in civ5! :)

actually i was already expecting them in civ4 (easter egg) :D

i think with Jon Shafer, civfanatics "user" and lead designer on Civilization V we can hope for such a crazy comunity thing...

just in case some1 dont know about the
"awesomest idea in the history of the universe"[/quote[:

It could be a Monster Truck like the super secret unit was in Age of Empires 3.

what about him
:satan:

I just hope it's not some "cheat" unit. I know people build strategies around certain units etc, but I'd just hate something that's blatantly overpowered. I hope it's something useful, but not a war unit. Maybe build x amount of trading posts and perhaps have open borders with everyone, then you can build trade caravans to get more gold etc.

Or Jarod from Subway....

perhaps we mine a titan like in age of mythology?? this would never happen but I can still dream

Well anyway, Civ5 will probably be getting Mech's if the little figurines in the CE edition for EB is any indication, so maybe Mech's will be the special unit's...

ALL I CAN SAY IS GIANT DEATH ROBOT's ARE FINALLY ARRIVING!!!!

Mel Brooks. In Miracle's Chariot. With the Monster and Sheriff Bart riding alongside.

When he enters a city, you have the option of putting on Springtime for Hitler: A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.

This randomly causes either massive amounts of happiness or unhappiness, depending on the uptake of LSD and how Yogurt is feeling that day.

Using the power causes Mel Brooks to be found Incredibly Guilty, at which point he disappears from the game.

He is unlocked for construction the instant one of your units is defeated in a battle that was 99% in its favor. Miracle ensures that this can be at any point from the beginning to the end of the game.

I think it is going to be "you - the ruler". If you perform well for a set period of time, you enter the game and have the opportunity to affect the world as a "great anything" but with extra skills.

I think it is going to be "you - the ruler". If you perform well for a set period of time, you enter the game and have the opportunity to affect the world as a "great anything" but with extra skills.

That's the best idea yet,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:

Some sort of fanatic/guerilla/terrorist unit that can be unlocked with a certain set of social policies might be cool. I don't know if they'd make a unit like this a joke. If they do it had better be a very difficult thing to unlock. As much as I would laugh at Godzilla being a unit the first time I saw it, if I unlocked it in half of my games without thinking about it, it would start to get irritating. I also wonder how this will affect multiplayer. If it's anything unbalancing it should be disabled. I'd hate to have to rush an attack on somebody to prevent them building godzilla.

It would be interesting if instead of privateer/partisan units that have their nationality invisible, certain conditions in your country could create unflagged paramilitary units, and you could hire the paramilitary units like mercenaries and use them for terrorist activity. If you don't hire them (buy them out) they'll just pillage and attack you until you destroy them.

Circumstances in which paramilitary arise could be riots, starvation, conquering of a city, anything that goes with extreme unhappiness.

Top Bottom