What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters
FFH, EU III, and Freelancer w/the discovery mod. Someone wanna translate OOTP11 please?

FFH, EU III, and Freelancer w/the discovery mod. Someone wanna translate OOTP11 please?

OOTP = Out of the Park Baseball

It's a baseball management text sim -- and really, the gold standard of the genre.

It's got the in-game management and statistical depth of Diamondmind, but with a virtually all-encompassing team/league management --- amateur drafts, foreign free agents, all levels of farm systems, waivers, Rule 5 draft, minor league free agents, college and high school feeder leagues.

Anyone that likes baseball text sims -- i.e., running the team, not console pitching and swinging -- there's nothing better...

The developer, Markus Heinsohn, is also a very fan-friendly developer and there's a very active community that provides all sorts of roster sets and other trinkets.

Nice. Thx Zonk, I'll chk it out.

Until you build a subway system linking 2+ castles, you're never out of options :)

Been there, done that......:(

In fact I have even built a massive sky bridge across a huge part of the world.

It takes 12 hours to walk from one end to the other unless you use a mine cart.

I'm playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 again a lot.
Map pack 7 was just released and the Vietnam expansion is out on the 18th.
I doubt I will be touching Civ V again until after the new year.

Oh well, Vindictus seems to be another letdown. Maybe I had my hopes too high but it's rather pathetic really: dull and repetitive combat, small and repetitive maps, fully scripted monsters, etc. Back to waiting the first good MMO :(

E:WOM, at least as soon as its fixed. Black Ops for me right now.

Oh, and Kuukkeli, your signature is the most offensive I've seen on this forum.

Oh, and Kuukkeli, your signature is the most offensive I've seen on this forum.

Oh well, if the most offending signature on the forum is taken from a children's book things here are quite nice and comfy :lol:

I'm waiting for the Beyond the Sword expansion after the Warlords expansion for Civ5.

Cities XL 2011 and some cool shooters (of 2008, 2009) I bought for 3 Euro's a piece.

I'm also a Fallout fanatic so I play these games too. Fallout New Vegas is very awesome.

If you don't mind faul language I recommend Rogue Warrior (2009).
Kind of short arcade game, but very cool shooter with stealth elements. It's about infiltrating communist Russia and North Korea in the 1980's.

So, what's that nerd bashing option doing in a poll for Civilization players? Oh wait, the humour option is always on the bottom. Got it. *polishes glasses*

I would like to select options: "Civ 4" and "Other" (but since you can only have one, I picked other)

My other games right now are Supreme Commander 2, BG2: ToB, IWD2 and... well, no time for more. Infinity engine games are fairly time consuming.

Oh well, Vindictus seems to be another letdown. Maybe I had my hopes too high but it's rather pathetic really: dull and repetitive combat, small and repetitive maps, fully scripted monsters, etc. Back to waiting the first good MMO :(

Perfect World is a really good MMO ( and free :) ), and I believe they just released a new expansion ( been awhile since i've been over there).

If you say so...

I had no high expectations towards the game, and found it a revamp of Diablo 2, only with multi and more arcade combat. It is obvious that Vindictus is still fresh (like only three playable characters, two more are unavailable yet), but that doesn't stop me from joyful clicking to the sounds of good music.

I like it because finally I have to have some manual skills to fight - nothing madly challenging, but at least you don't fall asleep while point&click in other games. It's dynamic, bosses are cool, character development interesting (skills AND titles), crafting is sensible... And yeah, it's pretty :D

I'm basically playing Invictus because I'm getting good ol' Diablo 2 vibe, that's about it ^^

Ah, and also you've got celtic influences (Mabinogion world, with Fomors etc), mixed with manga approach. And that's amazing, anyone who've read historical mangas (like Otoyomegatari about Mongols or Cesare about Renaissance Florence) will know that such a mix is perfect :goodjob:

I went back to playing Civ 4 after 2 weeks of CIV. Civ IV is definitely my favorite in the series but after 5 years I'm ready to explore new frontiers. I've seen Galactic Civ 2 and Sins of A Solar Empire mentioned on this forum, for a long time Civ fan, I've been playing since 1993 when I was 9, what are your recommendations? The last space themed 4X game I played was Star Wars: Rebellion :crazyeye: and I did enjoy Homeworld from the RTS side of things. Thanks.

MJB

Gal Civ 2 Ultimate Edition. Sins of a Solar Empire is a real-time strategy game basically.

Gal Civ 2 Ultimate is one of the best strategy games every, IMO. You should be able to find a copy somewhere for a decent price.

Top Bottom