155 things you didn't know until Civ5 taught you

124. If there is a stable, your people will be more productive as they can now ride to work on their new sheep.

125. It may require up to half the iron in a mine to supply one army with simple swords. Supplying your army with machineguns requires no resources.

126. Working on an active volcanoe wil earn you money and also make your people more productive!

130. We could have won the world by now if we just dished out gold to small countries (city-states).

133. Espionage, spying and terrorism don't exist.

134. Trade only occurs between the cities of the same country. They never trade with cities in other countries.

134.1. Trade only occurs between the cities of the same country, if those cities are connected to the capital.

137. Three (3) torpedoes from a modern submarine will NOT sink a fishing boat.

rofl, good one. Also note than an entire battalion of crossbowmen will take about 30 years to take down a single artist. (I imagine that artist being like Tony Montana in the final scene of Scarface)

rofl, good one. Also note than an entire battalion of crossbowmen will take about 30 years to take down a single artist. (I imagine that artist being like Tony Montana in the final scene of Scarface)

Use a sniper instead if you want to assasinate a Great Artist. :p

138. You can have an army of mounted units without having any horse, but they'll fight less eagerly cause they miss their beloved horse.

That granaries store deer meat and bananas.

71 - Castaways are a mith.

First, I love the thread. Interestingly enough, there are a few that I could see being true in the real world (New Yorkers rioting if the Metrodome were destroyed, for instance).

I was wondering what this comment was referring to, however. I've only recently begun playing CiV, so I may not have encountered it yet.

Marc

-The ancient cities also shot their giant rocks at steath bombers going like 1,000 mph.

Actually, the stealth bomber is subsonic. As is the stealth "fighter". Supersonic speeds make it less radar stealthy (the shockwave has some reflectivity). So, it's not really that much more implausible than hitting the B17. Those old trebuchet-ists just had good eyes & timing. They don't make'em like they used to!

Top Bottom