G&K video preview with Dennis Shirk and Ed Beach

well we now know for sure the Hussar is a unique Calvary unit. It also has 34 strength which is significantly higher then what the cavalry has now.

The horse archer has 4 movement and a ranged strength of 10. Making it weaker then the camel archer, but stronger then the keshik.

Remember that the whole combat mechanics is changed,which means we can't be so sure about it .

well we now know for sure the Hussar is a unique Calvary unit. It also has 34 strength which is significantly higher then what the cavalry has now.

In Vanilla the Rifleman and the Cavalry had the same combat strength. It's already documented that the Riflemen's strength went up to 34 (from 25) for G&K. It's likely then that the Cavalry also has a new strength of 34 and that the Hussar has some other benefit and not increased strength.

Also it's confirmed that Cristo Redentor does NOT provide faith (some speculation arose about that).

Edit: And Ed mentioned Tulips, but didn't say they were in the game.
He mentioned tulips in the context that the Dutch unique improvement had a graphic showing fields of tulips. Nothing more, nothing less. Since there is no reference whatsoever to tulips being a luxury resource, I think we can safely assume they are not. They are just there for eye candy.

I think the graphics are barely fitting since the polder UI provides food, while tulips are not edible... I think they should have chosen another graphic, like a little mill pr something.

It's actually three points weaker than the keshik. I'd guess that it's a chariot archer replacement on it's strength value.

It's almost definitely a Chariot Archer replacement. If it wasn't, the Huns would have 2 ranged mounted units until they discovered Chivalry. Both would get their ranged promotions nullified when upgrading to knights. That's really not cool.

It may have a bonus versus cities if one of the promotions it had wasn't a bonus versus cities.

I'm assuming the skull and cross bones promotion is the bonus versus cities as that Sea Beggar had three of them and had +60% vs cities! (or did we already know this?)

Also, at about 30s in there's a new icon in the notifications down the right hand side, a circle with a triangle inside and a 'blob' on each vertex, looks like a very simple molecule - any ideas?

I'm assuming the skull and cross bones promotion is the bonus versus cities as that Sea Beggar had three of them and had +60% vs cities! (or did we already know this?)

Also, at about 30s in there's a new icon in the notifications down the right hand side, a circle with a triangle inside and a 'blob' on each vertex, looks like a very simple molecule - any ideas?

That's the symbol for Mercantile city-states.

Some of the info from Technologies I managed to find
Refirigation now unlocks the Stadium
Infantry strength 70
Acouctics no longer unlocks the Kremlin
The trade route icon notification I'm assuming means "Trade Route established"
Atmoic Theory unlocks some kind of ability
Coffe House* is unlocked at Economics

He mentioned tulips in the context that the Dutch unique improvement had a graphic showing fields of tulips. Nothing more, nothing less. Since there is no reference whatsoever to tulips being a luxury resource, I think we can safely assume they are not. They are just there for eye candy.

I think the graphics are barely fitting since the polder UI provides food, while tulips are not edible... I think they should have chosen another graphic, like a little mill pr something.

Okay, so that's confirmed out too. I agree though, they should use a different graphic since it provides food.

Acoustics no longer unlocks Hermitage and the Kremlin.
Arsenal no longer at Rifling.
Military Base and Great War Infantry at Replaceable Parts.
Fertilizer has a 4th benefit.

Infantry has 70 strength.
Hussar has 34 strength.
Sea Beggar has 25 strength, 6 movement.
Submarine has 60 ranged, 35 strength.
Battleship has 65 ranged, 55 strength, some other units also have different stats from the PAX demo.

Economics have a 4th benefit, no longer unlocks Windmill and Big Ben, in addition to unlocking Coffee House for Austria.

So... what could Coffee House replace?

EDIT:
Bank is confirmed to be unlocked by Banking. Stock Exchange is an industrial era building.

Looking through the other Renaissance buildings...

Theatre was at Printing Press. Public School was at Scientific Theory. Museum was at Archaelogy.

Compared to the other two, Theatre is more likely.

Pikeman is now strength 16, but bonus vs mounted down to 50%. Flanking bonus up to 15% per unit. First promotion (on open/rough terrain) down to 15% from 20%. Adjacent friendly unit bonus (I assume the one from the honor tree) up to 15%. Hussar has 3 abilities. (0:31)

Your city can bombard an enemy unit is now a specific symbol in the notifications.

Pantheon belief becomes available at 40 faith (1:38)

Extra benefits on Fertilizer and Economics could be ones that apply to the Polder. We know that it gets additional benefits later in the game.

Pantheon increases with cost with each Pantheon founded, it starts with I believe 10, and increases by certain number of points.

Pikeman is now strength 16, but bonus vs mounted.

Swordsmen are 14 now, meaning longswords are probably, what, 20ish? Hello useful Landsknechts!

Uhg, on second thought, yay balance, but man is that going to make Bismarck a pain to deal with. It's one think when you can go up against his LK spam with a unit that's 60% stronger, assuming my guess for longsword strength is right and LKs just stay 1/2 cost Pikes, you're only looking at a 25% strength advantage vs. a fraction of the cost on top of AI bonuses. Could be a tough situation.

Top Bottom