Brave New World Patch notes! Version 1.0.3.276

Status
Not open for further replies.
So before we start going into the intricacies of social policy nerfing and bux fixing, let's focus on the fact that the game has been broken for two days.

So that's why Civ5 patch was delayed up to BtE release. :lol:

It was released shortly after disappointing BE release. It broke Civ5 multiplayer. 50% of Civ5 multiplayer community never bought into BE and were content with Civ5.

>10/24 BE release
>poor reviews/sales
>10/27 corrupted Civ5 patch (addressing issues previously unresolved for nearly a year)
>Now: Civ5 multiplayer unplayable (crash 95% of time turn2-40)

Firaxis: 'Why don't you buy BE while we figure this out'

This is not a coincidence. This is a calculated and truly pathetic ploy to garner more sales for BE from existing Civ fanbase (a mojority of hardcore Civ5 multiplayers have 0 interest in singleplayer and low interest in BE).

Shame on Firaxis. Person who came up with this idea should be fired, although I would not be surprised if it was one of the execs.
Moderator Action: Derailing threads and personal attacks are not permitted on this site. (Note that it doesn't imply that you're not allowed to criticize Firaxians.)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It was released shortly after disappointing BE release. It broke Civ5 multiplayer. 50% of Civ5 multiplayer community never bought into BE and were content with Civ5.

>10/24 BE release
>poor reviews/sales
>10/27 corrupted Civ5 patch (addressing issues previously unresolved for nearly a year)

This is not a coincidence. This is a calculated and truly pathetic ploy to garner more sales for BE from existing Civ fanbase (a mojority of hardcore Civ5 multiplayers have 0 interest in singleplayer and low interest in BE).

Shame on Firaxis. Person who came up with this idea should be fired, although I would not be surprised if it was one of the execs.

>10/24 BE release
>poor reviews/sales

More plausible than it should be...what scares me is that there may not be a fix for this if Civ V development is really over...

Moderator Action: Everyone, please move back to the topic of the patch notes.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The patch has as of yet not been fixed to allow for multiplayer.

Yesterady got a 6 player game all the way to turn 100. Our theory was to not use the in-game chat, it sounds far fetched, but at that point everything else had been tried.

Then two 4 player games crashed at around 400 and 10.

The patch just plain broke the game.

Ingame chat was used in my last game, without crashes. Good thinking though.:)

^^ Germany, France, and Japan got buffs with BNW, not a patch. I think your expectations are too high! I was hoping the Iroquois longhouse would get a balance tweak, but that would not have been anything really new.

^^ Germany, France, and Japan got buffs with BNW, not a patch.

No, France was changed with BNW release but Germany & Japan's changes were both in last years fall BNW patch.

Logs are found in mygames/civ5 folder. You need to enable logging in the config.ini file first.

This is what I have in my config.ini on logging:
Spoiler :

[Debugging]

; Set to 1 to enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
EnableTuner = 0

; Set remark levels (ex. /R0 /R1:Video - means all off except video level 1) (default "/R1"
Remarks = /R1

; Set remark log filename; empty for no remark log
RemarkLog =

; Sets a breakpoint on a specified object allocation order number (debug only).
CrtBreakAllocNum = 0

; Set to 1 to validate memory on allocations
MemoryManagerValidateOnAllocation = 0

; Set to 1 to validate memory on deallocations
MemoryManagerValidateOnDeallocation = 0

; Frequency at which to do memory validation (in operations) 0 = off
MemoryManagerValidationFrequency = 0

; Set to 1 to send FRemark output to the tuner
SendRemarksToTuner = 0

; Set to 1 to enable mem tracking when using a mem tracker build
EnableMemTrackerSystem = 0

; Set to 1 to do various embedded memory tracker dumps
DoMemTrackerDumps = 0

; Set to 1 to disable hotloading of objects
DisableHotLoading = 0

; Set to 1 to enable asserts in debug mode
EnableAsserts = 1

; Set to 1 to have loose files override PAK files if the loose file is newer
LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0

; Set to 1 to quiet D3D warning and leak msgs
D3D Mute = 0

; Sub-directory where the game code DLL resides, set to empty string to let the game decide
GameCoreSubDirectory =

; Set to 1 to disable hotloading of objects
DisableHotLoader = 1

; Enables the use of the standard Lua debug library.
EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 0

; Set to 1 to enable the dialog popup for asserts in multiplayer
EnableAssertDialogInMultiplayer = 0

; Validates the game database whenever it is changed.
ValidateGameDatabase = 0

Spoiler :

[DEBUG]

; upload assert logs and crash dumps to the server
UploadReports = 1

; Delete reports after uploading to the server
MoveReports = 1

; Controls the threading strategy: (0=default,1=no display lists,2=one DL per command set, 3=split mode, 4=aggregate mode)
ThreadingMode = 0

; Number of commands per diplay list to aim for in SPLIT and AGGREGATE thread modes
TargetJobSize = 100

; Enables stack-trace collection on random number generators and FAutoVariables. Slightly slower and uses more memory
EnableOutOfSyncDebugging = 1

; Set App on Auto-Run
Autorun = 0

; Number of turns to autorun before exiting (0 for no limit)
AutorunTurnLimit = 0

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Enable AI logging
AILog = 1

; Enable Builder AI logging
BuilderAILog = 1

; Enable Serialization logging
SerializationLog = 0

; Enable Tutorial logging
TutorialLog = 0

; Enable Tutorial debug window
TutorialDebug = 0

; Split AI Logging into separate files for each Player & City
PlayerAndCityAILogSplit = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Show combat debugging overlays
CombatDebug = 0

; Enable AI performance logging
AIPerfLog = 0

; Use a background thread for asynchronous D3D submission.
ThreadedExecute = 0

; Maximum number of frames to allow D3D to queue up. 0 means default. DX11.1 only
MaxFrameLatency = 0

; Saves the game after the human player presses 'next turn' but before the game logic advances
PostTurnAutosaves = 1

[TextKey Settings]

; Enable triggered sounds from units (3dsmax Note tracks) (default 1)
Enable markered sounds = 1

This is probably a user error, is my guess. Do you have any mods installed? Are your install fresh? Try validating your files in Steam.

Alright, just hosted a 4 player game - game resynced in between turns 9 and 10, and crashed (frozen, then after 2 minutes killed via task manager) at turn ~ 28.

Logs are posted. Can someone please analyse them.

No one in the game had EUI or any mod (and so I'm told).

I'm usually a good host, hosted multiple games 200 + turns fine (apart from the usual BNW issues).

Attachments

• LogsFrance4.zip
    255.3 KB · Views: 290
Since I added the patch, the "ZZZzzz" option seems to no longer be available for Great Generals....Odd?

Anybody else notice this...???

-------

Maybe it is just me....

I am in enemy territory, Maybe that command is not available in under these conditions....Cause I just received a new GG and the "ZZZzzz" works fine in my borders.....Sorry!

Just fired it up. I must say how clumsy now Tradition and Piety are laid out. I don't object to the tweak, but it is so ugly!

Alright, just hosted a 4 player game - game resynced in between turns 9 and 10, and crashed (frozen, then after 2 minutes killed via task manager) at turn ~ 28.

I'm usually a good host, hosted multiple games 200 + turns fine (apart from the usual BNW issues).

Did you email them to canucksoldier?

Civjou, please post this over in the Bug Reports Forum.

Can anyone explain the technical effects of the minimized warmonger penalties? I love that they did that, but I'm curious about the details of how it will work.

I put this in the Bugs forum... and will continue to post these files until I get a decent answer. Here's link to post that has attachment as i couldn't attach to this thread apparently http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537434

I am not computer smart. I don't know how to write my own files blah blah blah, I just bought this game from steam, enjoyed playing it over the last year, and as of that latest patch, it is almost useless. period. I didn't corrupt anything or change anything.

I'm curious, when you people "test" this game with 5 players from "around the world" are you using steam? are you using what we use? Are you just playing BNW, or are you testing vanilla or Gods and Kings as well?

It's not your intent mods, I'm sure, but basically what I feel like we get from you is "It's your fault silly computer players, it must be user error or you must have corrupted your files somehow, because the game works just fine for us." And I can assure you, that's not the case. And a little more sympathy would be nice right now from you guys. An overwhelming amount of people and games in multiplayer right now can prove this is a major problem in the patch

Hope these logs help. let me know if you need other files i'm not including.

Floydhead, all the people on this site that can help with bugs hang out in the Bugs Report forum. There's nothing the rest of us in the General Discussion forum can do.

Thank you SO MUCH for fixing the warmonger penalty, it really sucked not being able to go to war AT ALL in the early-game without swatting the hornets' nest.

This new patch is great, I noticed. It hit me by surprise and I think it's great that there are more resources.. there were still some issues in multiplayer, but who plays multiplayer bnw nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom