Civ wont start

Da Peach41

Chieftain
I have had Civ IV since it came out and the same with BtS and its worked fine but now I downloaded the patch update it still worked fine at first then a couple of days ago it wouldnt start at all. Little windows would pop up saying for Civ 4

1. Failed Loading XML file
Assets//XML\GameInfo/Civ4PlayerOptionInfos.xml.
2. LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml.
Current XML file is:

For the BtS it pops up

1. Failed Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml.
2. LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionsInfos.xml.
3. Failed Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml.
4. LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml.

After I press OK to them all it says Civ 4 has stopped working. Same with BtS. I tried looking for these files but there isnt a file under GameInfo that is CIV4PlayerOption. So I dont know what to do. I tried a System Restore to five days before I got the patch but it still does the same. It doesnt even let me uninstall the game.

Yeah I downloaded the official patch and the unofficial.
I modded one of the leader Heads but it worked fine until it stopped working fine.

Actually I was able to fix Civ IV but not BtS. My Friend winrared his games and sent them to me and told me to only run the setup to uninstall them and after that just reinstall using my games but it didnt work for BtS. When I tried it for BtS it said that myversion that was already installed was a newer version. Version 3.17.00 So it didnt work. If you can post a link where I can get a BtS setup app. version 3.17.00. I would be very grateful. :)

Top Bottom