Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

Why are we paused?

I paused the game because Raskolnikov did not play his turns for a while.
I sent him a PM and if he doesn't answer, I may kick him to AI. Would you agree with that guys? Or do you know someone who could take over for the time Ras is unavailable?

He should be back soon, there's a post by him around the top of the previous page (or about 20 up). I wouldn't mind pausing, this early in the game a prolonged absence could make all the difference.

Hello guys, i gues its time to move from overhelming AI into playing against smart human players. So i'm puting down my will - to join into this interective game with you.
Positive - i'm a quite good player (dominate by AI in level of monarch), negative - i'm new in pitboss (and my english is far from excelent, i gues). So, do you need one more player at the moment?

Hello Yulius!
Would agree to temporarily replace Raskolnikov (who is absent for some turns now) until he returns? It could give you an insight into a pitboss

I could. And:
Isn't bothering thing that you are in quite big diferneces of time-zone?
What are the other of your contacts to comunicate with? (forum is less continualy form)
(And finaly) What are the instructions of the including me into a game?

... my skype : juluxy.i

You do realize this is deity game and by kicking Raskolnikov to ai we give huge bonuses.

The ai will expand like crazy and what will happen if the civ is taken back by human? If teh ai expands without cottages it will be unplayable as economy will crash completely the moment it is taken over by human. If the ai makes cottages and wonders then the human that takes over will have a huge advantage.

Well, he did have ~10t of not playing, so how about we give it ~10t of AI to balance it a bit and if RRR isn't back by then we can start to worry?

You do realize this is deity game and by kicking Raskolnikov to ai we give huge bonuses.

The ai will expand like crazy and what will happen if the civ is taken back by human? If teh ai expands without cottages it will be unplayable as economy will crash completely the moment it is taken over by human. If the ai makes cottages and wonders then the human that takes over will have a huge advantage.

I thought all the AI bonuses were removed in this mod.

Are the ai bonuses removed? If yes then no problem.

@ Dreylin, I am not only worried that it will give advantage to human player but possibly dissadvantage. That is why I suggested to find sub. We did not even make a public thread here asking for a sub...

Well, I received a PM from Raskolnikov today. He experiences trouble to get an internet connection, so he may not come back in the game at the moment.
I'll ask DMOC (thanks Morgan), and open an official thread now!

"...by Julius".
Yes it is. I got quite messy game with the serious economical problem, but i will see what i can do.

Sorry about that... but I couldn't log in during january (until now!), and couldn't find a sub either, so the civ stayed idle during about 20 days... :mischief: Though if you want my thoughts about the game, feel free to PM me.

Thanks Geronimo for the game, too bad I had all those troubles to find a reliable connection ( funnily, they ended tonight, as I finally received something that works from my provider).

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

@Raskolnikov, too bad you just can connect now. Thanks for playing and maybe see you in another game!

Anyway, welcome to Julius!

Welcome Julius! Thanks for helping us out. :goodjob:

I had a similar situation last year taking over a different game in the early BCs, after 20 days of AI control. I never had much chance to win but it has been a really fun game. Hopefully you will have the same luck. :)

By the way, note that the NoScoreV2 mod we are playing with gives a substantial boost for researching a tech already known by other civs you have met (up to a maximum of about +93% - about 5 times higher than on the normal settings). Hopefully this will make it a bit easier for you to catch up.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Slaze, i know that you could be busy (school, job etc.) and i know/remember that i'm after you in making a turn and i'm waiting almost to the end of turn but it was 30 min to the end turn and i had to make it (i shall like someone explain me before) becouse i had no time later and my turn would be abandon. I hope you understand this and i hope everything is ok and i didn't break any rules if yes tell me. By the way as i see (becouse you've made 2 turns in a row) i'm still after you, yes ?

Zorzak -

Although it's good sportsmanship to wait as long as you can (just as you did :goodjob:), Geronimo's rules allow you to play any time in the last 6 hours*. So I'd say you did the right thing and didn't break any rules. :)

Since slaze played twice I'd agree with you that you're back in your original order and should continue waiting for slaze to play first where possible.

* See first post for this thread).

Top Bottom