CIV Gold!

Wyz_sub10 said:
As for my fav mods, I have to admit that I haven't played any. I spend more time making mods for CIV IV than playing the damn thing. :)
:beer:
I'm in the same exact boat with him! The only time I really "play" CIV is when I am testing code and/or finding bugs. I simply don't have enough time to sit down and play a full game.

However, as for favorite mods, there is one that I'll recommend: The Ancient Mediterranean! We are close to releasing v1.7 (most likely today) so be sure to download that and give it a try. It's still a work in progress though, but criticism and thoughts and comments will help get it to the level of professionalism that you will find in CIV Gold.

The Star Wars mod also has great potential, and I will see to it that it is reached. I'm currently working on revising the tech tree, and the other members of the mod are working on adding unique units and implementing new models, so keep an eye on that mod as well. It's going in a good direction!

Regarding civpacks, I'de say CIV Gold is the best one available (I'm not biased :D). Wyz_sub10 did create a few other good civpacks, such as "Out of Africa" and his Native American Tribes civilizations, which add flavor to a game otherwise dominated by "the West."

And, last but not least, SevoMod is definitely a surefire way to go and have alot of fun! He has implemented many mod components and has done a good job to make changes to the game that make sense, strategically and historically. Plus, he'll be incorporating CIV Gold into it pretty soon, so what more could you ask for?

all concerned with civgold:goodjob:

been playing for several hours now and everything is looking good:)

you asked for feedback on future releases, well-
could you add a second leader to scotland? i know people will have different ideas about which one, but i'd go for Kenneth or James VI

and: i recognise some of the leaderhead backgrounds (eg. the library at ephesus, turkey. i've been there;) ). how do you edit these? i'd like to add one of my local landmarks.

Hi there,

I've been somewhat preoccupied lately... and then I come back and see this! Downloading it right now.

Sounds great. Greater. Greatest.

Cheers mate, :goodjob:

:goodjob: Great Mod! I like it.:goodjob:
Especially, beacause it has Austria (where I'm from):D , but everything is super!
Why do the Canadians not have Mounties as UU? Mounties are soooo cooool!!

Iuvavus said:
:goodjob: Great Mod! I like it.:goodjob:
Especially, beacause it has Austria (where I'm from):D , but everything is super!
Why do the Canadians not have Mounties as UU? Mounties are soooo cooool!!

Thanks!

Canada Corps was included over Mounties for a few reasons:

- the Corps was Canada's WWI infantry which is where Canada first established a global identity (i.e. Canada's "Golden Age" re: military)
- when making my Canada Mod I solicit input and found that CC had the most support
- the Mounties were never a military unit - it would be like making the FBI or LAPD the UU for the Americans

We are, however, thinking about adding 2nd UUs in a future edition. Given the popularity of the Mounties, it's almost certain that they'll be the 2nd Canadian UU.

OK Wyz and Shq,
I got some problems with the Civ Gold mod...
1) the Caravan unit has a glitch on loading, although I think that may be because we have Sevos old mod merged with our base line game rather than a mod.
2) Neither Mod, Sevo's or yours will work in a "LAN GAME" which is the majority of what my wife and I play. It is listed under advanced tab and seems to load ok, but neither host nor joiner can find it. It will connect under a direct IP game though. This is curious because Sevo's mod worked perfectly well before on LAN and will not now...

Any ideas?

xprment626 said:
OK Wyz and Shq,
I got some problems with the Civ Gold mod...
1) the Caravan unit has a glitch on loading, although I think that may be because we have Sevos old mod merged with our base line game rather than a mod.
2) Neither Mod, Sevo's or yours will work in a "LAN GAME" which is the majority of what my wife and I play. It is listed under advanced tab and seems to load ok, but neither host nor joiner can find it. It will connect under a direct IP game though. This is curious because Sevo's mod worked perfectly well before on LAN and will not now...

Any ideas?

Caravan's isn't included in CivGold, nor is it in any versions of the Sevomod...you're probably playing with LordRoy's Modification of my mod, and one of the files is probably being overridden by a file in this mod.

I know my base mod works for multiplayer games--you may want to ask people in my forum thread about it.

WoW guys just WoW, makes me wonder if i should pay 60 dollars for the add on, when you guys can make things like this.

Nobody said:
WoW guys just WoW, makes me wonder if i should pay 60 dollars for the add on, when you guys can make things like this.

Totally agree! I've more or less already made up my mind not to buy the expansion. These days software companies always ship an expansion shortly after the "mother"-game. You could just feel it when the third patch wasn't coming that this was the plan and it kind of irritates me :mad:

With the CIV gold pack I see something that's beginning to look like a user made expansion, which I think is really great!

Keep up the good job guys - there's a lot of us out there enjoying it!!! :)

\Skodkim

Thanks for the great quality mod. I'm happy to see many of the Civs that I enjoyed playing in Civ 3 making their appearance here.

I do have one question/request, and hopefully a few other people will support me on this...

CIV GOLD Compatible World Map

- Are there currently any plans to put together a CIV GOLD compatible map? I understand that there might be a fair bit of over crowding, particularly in Europe, but I'd rather see some compromise in the Civ count and see at least some of them. For instance, There's still room in Africa, Asia and so on, so Carthage, the Koreans and a handful of others would be great additions there.

where do you find the time ?

thank you for your time and talents

Sevo said:
Caravan's isn't included in CivGold, nor is it in any versions of the Sevomod...you're probably playing with LordRoy's Modification of my mod, and one of the files is probably being overridden by a file in this mod.

I know my base mod works for multiplayer games--you may want to ask people in my forum thread about it.

Oh i know the caravan isn't in Civgold. We originally downloaded the "Small and Effictive" mod from Apolyton, which is where we originally heard your name dropped. We modified the core files with this mod (just because we didn't know any better!) and it was such a good mod that I just attributted it to you Sevo. I am pretty sure you had some mods in there too. And yes, your version 1.0 (I think) worked fine for multiplayer.

Stacmon said:
Thanks for the great quality mod. I'm happy to see many of the Civs that I enjoyed playing in Civ 3 making their appearance here.

I do have one question/request, and hopefully a few other people will support me on this...

CIV GOLD Compatible World Map

- Are there currently any plans to put together a CIV GOLD compatible map? I understand that there might be a fair bit of over crowding, particularly in Europe, but I'd rather see some compromise in the Civ count and see at least some of them. For instance, There's still room in Africa, Asia and so on, so Carthage, the Koreans and a handful of others would be great additions there.

The maximum number of civs you can have playing in one game is 18. So you'd have to choose which ones to include for something like this.

I have dial up internet which cuts off every 4 hours (just short of the 5 hours it takes to download the file) and your server does not support resuming. Is there a mirror on a different server or some way around this. The modpack looks great so I am hoping I will be able to get a copy

Great mod guys, you have my thanks.

However I noticed that in the pedia under the Canada listing there were a few errors in the text. For example at a few points the text changes to squares or unreadable characters. It only happens a few times and only under the Canada entry as far as I know.

Nevertheless, great mod, but out of curiosity do you plan to still tweak the LH animations?

flyerec said:
Great mod guys, you have my thanks.

However I noticed that in the pedia under the Canada listing there were a few errors in the text. For example at a few points the text changes to squares or unreadable characters. It only happens a few times and only under the Canada entry as far as I know.

Nevertheless, great mod, but out of curiosity do you plan to still tweak the LH animations?

Yeah, I fixed those on my personal copy and will upload with a few more changes. What happens is that some characters (certain fonts for " or - ) gets screwed up when copying over to the XML file.

I'll do a double check before the next release.

The LH animations aren't likely to change too much. Anything particular in mind?

HawkeyeGS said:
I have dial up internet which cuts off every 4 hours (just short of the 5 hours it takes to download the file) and your server does not support resuming. Is there a mirror on a different server or some way around this. The modpack looks great so I am hoping I will be able to get a copy

The mirror is on FileFront which is a kazillion times slower than 3DDownloads (which is why we moved it). I'm afraid we really haven't any faster option at this point.

Top Bottom