pre load question

Status
Not open for further replies.

slo

Warlord
Hello all, computers are surely not my strong suit BUT I pre loaded the game from Steam but i can not find it on my hard drive. When I open Steam it tells me that I have already downlaoded it...is this normal? Did I just download it to my Steam account and not my computer its self or something?
thanks for all your help.
slo

cool thanks so much for your help guys, this site is by far the most helpful..
one more question...so when I want to play the game will I be launching it threw steam or when the game is open it will go on to my harddrive like all the other games?
thanks
slo

one more question...so when I want to play the game will I be launching it threw steam or when the game is open it will go on to my harddrive like all the other games?
thanks
slo

it's the same, you can launch it from steam of from the .exe in the game installation folder, same thing

Steam is actually very elegant and user friendly... As DRM / digital distribution platforms go it really is excellent.

In that same way that the floors on the Death Star are nice and clean and plished for your convenience...

Too bad I couldn't find the option to pre-load Civ5 from Steam on Mac and then copy the files over to Windows (when I install it later).. oh well.

thanks
slo

It's actually on your hard drive now, just not in a way you can use it. :) Once it's available to be played you can launch it from in Steam. Or you can just run it from the drive directly like any other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom