Freezes on loading

Jabba

Warlord
This happens to me more often than not. When I try and load a saved game the computer hangs. The little globe keeps spinning round, but the music stops and after that nothing happens. The only solution is to hibernate the computer, and restart the computer session, when I then get a message saying that Civ V isn't responding and needs to close.

Loading a saved game can only be relied on to work when I have started up the game from scratch. Of course this is incredibly tedious and time consuming.

I have the same problem, but ONLY when trying to create a game on a self-made map (from worldbuilder). I have it each time I try.

Shutting down the firewall didn't help.

Yes, i have the same problem. Cannot load game at all, crashes every time. I have a computer with very good specs so I know it's not the ram or anything.

What's the error? I'm getting a runtime error, from DX11 error.

I figured out, its my save game thats been corrupted somehow. Previous saves work..

I'm getting the same problem, although only with Elizabeth. I attempted to start a game from the advanced set up screen and about 15 seconds into the load the sound cuts out yet the cursor globe keeps spinning. I was able to start a few games with her at first, but after the third or fourth restart (looking for a good starting location) things began locking up. Does anyone have any recommendations?

EDIT: Strike that, now it's happened over multiple leaders.

EDIT 2: After testing a bit, it appears that the archipelago map type is the problem for me. The game gets through the initial load successfully on different maps with the leaders I had trouble with on an archipelago. Is anyone else having problems with this map type? Perhaps it's something specific to certain map scripts.

Same happens to me:S Untill saterday it worked perfectly, now it wont start or load a game anymore:S I hear the music like 10 seconds and then civ 5 completly stops.

If i go to the eventlog in windows, i gett these kind of info
8aa9324f-ce32-11df-980f-1c4bd61866fd
1c3c73ad-cfc9-11df-9459-1c4bd61866fd

Have about 20 of them. Anyone know what it is?

Something curious happened to me, dont know if it will help. I've always had the 3GB enabled in vista. After installing some extra memory I decided to turn it off. Subsequently my large CIV5 savegame would freeze as described by OP. Re-enabled the 3GB switch, it works again. Worth a try perhaps if you're using vista or xp.

BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 3072 at the command prompt and reboot for vista

I have the same problem. Loading saved file only works during first <20 turns. After that loading file from inside the game will cause it to stop responding and need to ctrl+alt+del to terminate civ5. Happen 100% of the time.

Temporary solution is whenever i wish to load a saved file, i have to quit the game and restart it to load the saved file. This works 100%, but very tedious. Quit to main menu to load file will not work, need to quit completely and restart.

I was having similar problems until I set my anti-virus (AVG) to ignore the GameOverlayRenderer.dll and GameOverlayRenderer64.dll files in the Steam folder. I now understand these are the files that control the Steam in-game interface, which I've also disabled in Steam preferences. Give this a try, hope it works for you.

Top Bottom