[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

I had it in the directory you told us to put the mod in. No GFX errors either. I'm loading it up again to get the log files. Here is the only log file that actualy has something meaningful in it. The rest were either empty or said all the XML files loaded correctly.

Since the interface dissapearing would only be happening if the interface was modded, what have you modded in the interface?

Yes, changing the color is a real interface-modification.

Do you use the BUG-mod in the normal game?

The log...yes...erm...i should have believed you.

Congrats, The J ! :goodjob:
I only wish to find time to play it a bit ... maybe in a month.
Thank you, for using my last batch of button. Now, I know it's used somewhere. :)

I have the same problems, i haven't played since the beginning of my mod (in august), but i really want to play the newest versions of FfH, Planetfall, Sengoku Jidai, HoTK and some more.

Your buttons are nice :goodjob:, i was happy to find some good here.

Nope, I dont use any interface mods in a normal game, no custom assets either. Could you release a version that doesnt have a custom interface? The problem is most likely the custom interface.

This mod looks absolutely terrific ! :goodjob:

Two issues I noticed after starting a game and playing a couple of turns:

- There is one unnamed victory option in the setup screen.

- Something is wrong with inflation - from the first turn on its crazy high (though this seems to have no influence on your income, setting my science rate to 0% gives the expected income, just the display shows a huge deficit). Might become a problem later though, when your costs rise. But even if not, it makes it hard to keep track of finances.

Attachments

• unnamedoption.jpg
    unnamedoption.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 307
  • highdeficit.jpg
    highdeficit.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 300
  • excessiveinflation.jpg
    excessiveinflation.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 268
  • MN-July2140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    49.2 KB · Views: 170
Nope, I dont use any interface mods in a normal game, no custom assets either. Could you release a version that doesnt have a custom interface? The problem is most likely the custom interface.

:confused: damn, on must pcs it works, but on some not (also one in the german forum, but only one).

To kick out the red interface (you're a modder, you can do it :D):
Delete the "marsjetzt-v02\resource"-folder and delete the "marsjetzt-v02\XML\ArtDefines\Civ4ArtDefines_Misc.xml", than it should work.

I'm really confused about that.

This mod looks absolutely terrific ! :goodjob:

Two issues I noticed after starting a game and playing a couple of turns:

- There is one unnamed victory option in the setup screen.

This is the independence-victory.
Damn, i've looked into the .xml, i forgot to add the words in the english-tag :lol:.
-> 1. Thing for a patch.

- Something is wrong with inflation - from the first turn on its crazy high (though this seems to have no influence on your income, setting my science rate to 0% gives the expected income, just the display shows a huge deficit). Might become a problem later though, when your costs rise. But even if not, it makes it hard to keep track of finances.

...and your units get endless promotions?
I've seen this problem, when i sat on a account without admin-rights.
-> are you playing with an account without admin rights?
-> do you have Vista, and the UAC (user account control, or how it is named?) is activated?

...and your units get endless promotions?
I've seen this problem, when i sat on a account without admin-rights.
-> are you playing with an account without admin rights?
-> do you have Vista, and the UAC (user account control, or how it is named?) is activated?

Yes, promotions are endless as well.

I'm running Vista and indeed, the "Benutzerkontensteuerung" (don't know the English term as well) is activated.

Yes, promotions are endless as well.

I'm running Vista and indeed, the "Benutzerkontensteuerung" (don't know the English term as well) is activated.

Why don't you ask in the german forum :D?

Okay, so we see, where the problem is. If you turn this off, it should work (i really hope).

Hmmm. Changing back to the default interface didnt work. I would reccomend PMing Primordial Stew about this problem. He had the the exact same thing happen on his Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire mod, and it got fixed. I'm pretty sure it was CvMainInterface that was bombing. I'm going to replace it with the BTS one to see if it changes.

Thanks for the hint, i'll ask him/her.

I've added something to the CvMainInterface.py, but nothing grafical :confused:.

It also didn't help the german user :confused:.

Please report, if changing the CvMainInterface.py had an effect.

Other question:
Are you (also) running Vista?

This mod seems fun, lots of potential to be sure. Playing as Frank-Walter von ... err I forget the family name there, I suffered from Random Crash-itis. First time through, I got a crash on end of turn 1, second time through, a lot further in (had a few techs down, two colonists from wreckages, a constructionship trying to make a road from Darmstadt to Madrid. The crash happened on what would have been the first turn of the constructionship's first road segment. But, it is a lot of fun to play.

Changing the CvMainInterface didnt do a thing. I'm lost for ideas. That said, my knowledge of python is sketchy at best.
I am running windows XP, BTS is patched up fully.

Looks awesome. I had some Python exceptions when I loaded the game, and a CTD after a few turns.

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

File "<string>", line 52, in load_module

File "Creation", line 121, in ?

ImportError: cannot import name random
Failed to load python module Creation.
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Creation.py

File "ErebusWrap", line 129, in ?

Failed to load python module ErebusWrap.
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module ErebusWrap.py

File "PerfectWorld2", line 127, in ?

Failed to load python module PerfectWorld2.
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module PerfectWorld2.py

File "PerfectWorld_Flavoured", line 121, in ?

Failed to load python module PerfectWorld_Flavoured.
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module PerfectWorld_Flavoured.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Creation.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module ErebusWrap.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module PerfectWorld2.py

Sorry about all the error reports; so far I've had 2 CTDs, with the Mars 18 civ map and the Moon1 map (mostly when entering Sandstorms). Mod loads fine with me, though.;)

Can you give us a list of all the civs, who they represent, the names of the leaders and the leaderheads used. This mod sounds interesting.

Can you give us a list of all the civs, who they represent, the names of the leaders and the leaderheads used. This mod sounds interesting.

Second that.

Noticed something odd: if I set EnableVoice = 1 in the My Games/BtS/CivIV ini file I get no CTDs. (At least on the 18 civ map, where I'm now at turn 165.)

Regarding the warp and jump lanes: Thomas war only redid the warp lanes. I raised the jump lanes for my Future mod, pure drudgery, so if you need I can attach them. Also, for a primitive city set you could hardly do better than the Hive set from planetfall.

Looks great, good opening, like the opening video. Set up first game with HUGE map, completed start sequence moved first unit and got a Blue Screen of Death and laptop rebooted. No chance of a logfile there sorry. Second attempt was a standard sized map and played well for about 10 turns and got a CtD. Will try again later, with save game and see if it crashes again. Will also attempt to get log files.

Very nice mod, but basically it's not functional at this point. I'm sure the teething problems will be fixed, and that this will be a truly awesome piece of work. Right now, I can't run the mod (at least on my computer AFAIK). I get CTD's within 5 to 10 turns after launching the game. They usually happen during my turn, while I attempt to explore terrain. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce them when I relaunch the saved game. I also get spin locks as well when waiting for the AI to complete its moves. ::BUMMER::

--------------------------

I run this with Windows 2000 and no other modification. The scenario was the Caladan map.

Nice start of this mod, The J. :hatsoff:

In case you're still looking for a better fitting cityset, perhaps the prefab cityset in Planetfall is something for you.

Top Bottom