[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Big problems? Depends on what you mean I guess. You use Stock BtS diplomacy so you get the constant "Gimme" demands that it allows.

There's a Diplomacy Mod that helps with the constant AI threats over "Gimme your tech Now or War" and allows for more trading options. It's made diplomacy in AND and C2C much more realistic. It also actually has a response the player can use "Stop Bothering me!", to tell the AI to bugger off.

Parts of it would fit this mod well. And make Diplomacy more useful too. Just mho though. And I still Like the Mod. Been playing every night since I D/L'd it. I've even put C2C aside for Mars. ;)

JosEPh :)

You terraform mountains for some reason, so you get things like martian grass spawning on mountains.

Also, I think that Plains should convert to 'Earth Plains', so with a bonus of food, but nothing ridiculous like Terra-formed grassland. It would make a bit more sense.

Observation:
Tried marathon speed and really struggled with making enough gold to keep research at 30%. Upgrading a unit like Tank to Hover tank would bankrupt me for turns. And that's with every city building every gold producing building allowed.

JosEPh

iirc, The_J said he didn't agree with Steam so he won't be getting CV. If someone were to make a similar mod for CV, however, I'm sure he wouldn't mind :mischief:

I'm still moderator of that area, that's why I try to keep track of all the stuff which is going on (and actually post quite a bit). But Vortilex is right, I don't have Civ5 due the Steam requirement.

There was already an attempt to create a Mars mod for Civ5, but due to the lack of modding possibilities (...can't change improvement graphics, e.g.), and due to the lack of assets (not many unit makers around, and it also seems to be difficult) that didn't really happen :/. Maybe after G&K, who knows :)?

It really is done. Go ahead and download it. It's a great mod.

Yup. Fun mod. :goodjob:

Thanks guys :).

Here's a saved file from my own game. I tried everything, it just keeps freezing while in turn. Well, not freezing, in terms that you can't do anything...
Hmm..., You'll see.

Attachments

• Adrian AD-2234-November.CivBeyondSwordSave
    982.7 KB · Views: 46
I'm sorry :(, but I think I have to blame Firaxis for that.
The turn doesn't proceed for me as well, and no bug appears, so it must be a problem in the core game :/.
The only possibility to maybe get over the turn is to load an older savegame.
Sorry, can't help you :(.

Hey man, do you mind providing the Mac version of the mod again? It seems to have gotten deleted on my computer somehow.

Oh, that worked? Good to know :).

Okay, the link is here.
AFAIK the only think which had to be done to make it Mac compatible were the text files and nothing else. I converted them all, hope this will work :).

;)

I guess I should link that one in the OP too.
Will do so in a second. edit: Ah, bad memory, already did that :D. Should label it clearer.

Alright, thanks :) I feel like I need to keep playtesting it...for science.

Edit: For some reason, it no longer works. It gets to the point where it loads uncached XML and then quits unexpectedly.

Hi, nice mod!

But unfortunately I'm stuck. The Game just stops doing anything, while calculating the computers turns (after "white" - Adam Johnson's turn).

That means:
-I end the turn pressing enter;
-Game tells me to wait, my computer is working, CPU percentage of civ4 is over 90%;
-enemy moves until white Tank moves
-Game tells me to wait, my computer stops working, CPU percentage of civ4 goes down to 0%, eventually even the cooling Fan stops (so there is really no work done by the CPU);

After 30 mins Game still tells me to wait.
After Game and System Restart same thing happens at same position.
100% reproducable on my System (WinXP SP3, 2GB, 2Ghz Pentium, ATIGraphics with omega drivers)

It can be a Problem with my Computer, he is not the newest as you can see... but I suppose it's more likely the game. In unmodded BTS 3.19 sometimes it froze too, but a restart of the game always fixed it.

Attachments

• Marc AD-2250-April.CivBeyondSwordSave
    919.4 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom