My First SG - Regent for Warlords

vbraun

Raytracing
Im starting a PTW Regent SG...

First Person that signs up gets to choose the civ.
Started. Andvruss's turn. 1 spot Open.

The Order:
1. vbraun
2. andvruss
3. ??????
4. Hooray
5. mad-bax

Well this is my first SG.

If some deity players could reviews are turns that would be excelent.

Edit: Changed from 6 people to 5.

Hey, can I join? I'm feeling OK on Regent, mabye a couple of Regent SG will shore up Regent so I can feel comfortable going into Monarch......

Thats good.

Hey Ive only won one regent game but im doing pretty good in regent.

Which civ do you want?

How do you usally win?

Thats one person...

Nice to see somebody starting a regent game.

Too many Deity games around at the moment ;)

I'm not interested in playing but I'll keep an eye out for this one.

regards

Ted

Sorry,

looking at my earlier post... it could have come across as rude/condescending. That certainly wasn't my intent :(

Just setting the record straight.

Ted

A good idea. It's depressing seeing almost nothing but Deity SGs around.

I'd love to join, but I won't. It just wouldn't be right for a Monarch player like me. Still, I might lurk this SG for a bit.

Originally posted by Hooray
A good idea. It's depressing seeing almost nothing but Deity SGs around.
Hit the nail on the head there Hooray.

Hopefully this SG will encourage others to start up for beginners/improvers.

Personally, I think that playing at regent makes most of the strategy articles on CFC more understandable/relevant.

regards

Ted

@Hooray: could you like review are moves and tell us what we could of done better. Heck it be better if you joined...:crazyeye:

@andvruss: First time I won Regent it was domination but i usually win by spaceship. Ive been trying to get a cultural victory recently though.

Well I'm not so sure about that. I still make plenty of my own mistakes, so not sure I'd be able to pick out others'.

Actually, I might join if you plan on doing a Conquest or Domination game. I never did that on Regent, almost always went for the Spaceship.

If you want to do different than what you have already done, than I guess it would be either culture or conquest. Diplomatic is too easy, but thats just my opinion... ;). But, if you or someone else have your heart set on diplo, I would be glad to do diplo.

Diplo is pretty easy, you just have to give them a bunch of gold & techs. I like culture and conquest...

I agree that Diplo is too easy, especially on Regent. It's hard to lose the vote as long as you play nice (or avoid MPPs and the headaches they can cause.)

Ive won an elim game in regent before i even went to warlord but elim is easy... I know Admiral Pheonix has won culturlay at least twice. so conquest should be the best.

As an outsider...

Conquest/Domination is a good skill to get under yout belt.

regards

Ted

Top Bottom