Loading Old Saves

ls612

Deity
Hi guys,

I decided recently to try and load the game of C2C I played back when I was a dev to see what had changed in the past three or so years, and lo and behold it crashes on load. Is there something that broke saves since April 2013?

Thanks, I was used to the idea that any update would be compatible due to the new format we used.

Hey ls612! Nice to see you pop in. :)

Yes we started some long overdue house cleaning and it broke the Save Game Compatibility. Any Save game from before SVN 9092 is now no longer compatible. Games started after SVN 9092 are still SGC from that version. But T-brd is warning that there will be another Break before v37 is ready.

JosEPh

It was not a decision taken lightly but many arguments were made to let it happen - as a result we've been stuffing a LOT of very difficult modding that couldn't be done without breaking saves into this version and stabilizing it has been a real pain. Which is why it's still going to be a while before all the game breaking projects are finished. But the next break should be a while out at the moment.

The goal is to not have to ever break saves again after this. Might be a lofty one though.

Hey ls612! Nice to see you pop in. :)

Yes we started some long overdue house cleaning and it broke the Save Game Compatibility. Any Save game from before SVN 9092 is now no longer compatible. Games started after SVN 9092 are still SGC from that version. But T-brd is warning that there will be another Break before v37 is ready.

JosEPh

So I could pull 9091 and load it theoretically?

Yes. SVN 9089 might be better iirc.

JosEPh

Top Bottom