Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

@strategyonly

Here is a newer version of my mods. Make sure you deleted the old Hydro folder before you put it in your mod. Because I dissolved the "Education" mod. It has 10 new buildings. Most of which are prehistoric related. I plan to do more soon but I wanted to get it to you before I start making errors again.

*Attachment Removed*

If you need me to adjust or tweak things just let me know. Also check you PM for my response to the new version you sent me. A bunch of the tech requirements are messed up.

I will be also posting some new building ideas soon. If you have prehistoric related requests let me know. There are still some techs that give nothing so I am trying to think of what could fill them in.

EDIT: Bah I found a small error with the "Tattoo Hut" and "Canoe Builder's Hut". It will be fixed next version since I do not feel like re-uploading just for that. Grrr.

Also you moved my folder up the mod list. :( I was trying to fix your Palisades. You see the Palisades have the same defense as normal walls (30%). This seems a bit high don't you think?

EDIT2: An Updated Tech Chart.

You need static LH's. It's taking up to two minutes to get a LH to respond in a new turn.

When you do an update, please have to way to update without having to download the entire file...

You need static LH's. It's taking up to two minutes to get a LH to respond in a new turn.

When you do an update, please have to way to update without having to download the entire file...

You have an old XP or Vista PC, correct? Cause with my Win 7, i am having no problems at all until Renaissance era, but than there is nothing to do about that, that's the way it works.

I was thinking about making ALL the LH's a separate d/l, because of the older machine (looking at Dancing H;)) he said he had to go down a map size, and that's not what i want either.

Very nice mod, playing it now.

Couple things i noticed you might want to take a look at:

- After capturing (and razing) some rival civ cities in very early game i received worker units (way before i could build them)
- Those workers could "place resources" (only ivory and deer - but you can see on screenshot what happened :) ) i already had - not sure if this is intended mechanic

- After capturing (and razing) some rival civ cities in very early game i received worker units (way before i could build them)
- Those workers could "place resources" i already had - not sure if this is intended mechanic

I asked Afforess, waiting for response.

@Hydromancerx, Dancing H

I really like the new tech tree and is working ok, but i still think "we" need a better "choking point", in the pic below i just entered the Ancient age, and all these techs from PreH are still not been founded:confused:

Time for some more brainstorming ...

-----

Tidepools (Req Scavenging)
Cost: 5
Obsolete: Boat Fishing
Req Terrain: Coastal City

Special Abilities
  • +1 Food
  • +1 Food with Spearfishing
  • -1 Health
  • +1 Health with Cooking

-----

Nut Cracking Stone (Req Tool Making)
Cost: 10
Obsolete: Agriculture
Req Terrain: Forest OR Jungle

Special Abilities
  • +1 Food

-----

Small Game Snare Traps (Req Trapping)
Cost: 20
Obsolete: Livestock Domestication

Special Abilities
  • +1 Food
  • +1 Gold

-----

Wild Herbs (Req Herbalism)
Cost: 5
Obsolete: Agriculture

Special Abilities
  • +1 Health

-----

Music Hut (Req Prehistoric Music and Shelter Building)
Cost: 30
Obsolete: Music

Special Abilities
  • +1 Happy
  • +1 Culture
  • +1 Culture with Bone Working
  • +1 Culture with Wood Working
  • +1 Culture with Tanning
  • +1 Culture with Metal Casting

-----

Dance Hut (Req Prehistoric Dance and Shelter Building) [Redo]
Cost: 30
Obsolete: Drama

Special Abilities
  • +1 Happy
  • +1 Culture
  • +1 Culture with Personal Adornment
  • +1 Culture with Bead Making
  • +1 Culture with Sewing
  • +1 Culture with Tattoos

-----

Chief's Hut (Req Chiefdom and Shelter Building)
Cost: 90
Obsolete: Heraldry
Req Civic: Chiefdom

Special Abilities
  • +1 Happy
  • +2 Culture
  • +2 Espionage
  • -5% War :mad:

-----

Mammoth Trainer (Req Megafauna Domestication) [Wonder]
Cost: 200
Obsolete: Cloning
Req Resource: Ivory
Req Terrain: Tundra

Special Abilities
  • +1 Production
  • +1 Production with Elephant Training
  • +1 Happy
  • +1 Unhealthy
  • +1 Happy with Biology
  • +1 Commerce with Motion Pictures
  • +1 Commerce with Tourism
  • Required to Build "War Mammoth".

-----

Megatherium Trainer (Req Megafauna Domestication) [Wonder]
Cost: 200
Obsolete: Cloning
Req Resource: Potatoes
Req Terrain: Forest

Special Abilities
  • +1 Production
  • +1 Happy
  • +1 Unhealthy
  • +1 Happy with Biology
  • +1 Commerce with Motion Pictures
  • +1 Commerce with Tourism
  • Required to Build "War Megatherium".

-----

Date Palm Plantation (Req Calendar)
Cost: 50
Obsolete: Globalization
Req Terrain: Oasis

Special Abilities
  • +2 Gold
  • +1 Food

-----

Well that's all for now I will post more later.

@Hydromancerx, Dancing H

I really like the new tech tree and is working ok, but i still think "we" need a better "choking point", in the pic below i just entered the Ancient age, and all these techs from PreH are still not been founded:confused:

Ok I have a few ideas ...

- Have "Seafaring" require "Stargazing" AND "Naval Warfare"
- Have "Shamanism" require "Petroglyph" AND "Personal Adornment"
- Have "Masonry" require "Mining" AND "Sedentary Lifestyle" AND "Megalith Construction"
- Have "Horseback Riding" require "Livestock Domestication" AND "Tanning"

Also I noticed a Bugs that should help ...

- "Stone Building" should require "Shelter Building" AND "Microliths".
- "Boat Fishing" should require "Boat Building" AND "Spear Fishing"
- "Wood Working" should require "Carving" AND "Axe Making"
- "Hunting" should require "Trapping" AND "Cooking" AND "Cooperation"

Not linking up Cooking to Hunting is the major problem. Like I said before things should work. Even before we moved a few things around I did make sure that techs were moving forward and building up on pat techs. Sure I am not perfect but those errors were key to checking off whole lineages.

I'm encountering an issue where my science progress/great person progress bars start flickering on and off, and when I try to save, the game crashes. I'd been playing this particular game for a good five hours with no problems, and was well into the medieval period (playing on snail speed).

I reloaded from autosave and tried a few more times, with the same results. Not sure what's causing it, as other than that, it's running very smoothly.

Re: the "Mammoth" buildings. Maybe not obsolete them so late? After all they do go extinct....

- Those workers could "place resources" (only ivory and deer - but you can see on screenshot what happened :) ) i already had - not sure if this is intended mechanic

Capturing and razing - do you mean you raze them on capture or do you use the abandon city option (ctl-A in the city screen). I know that the Abandon City mod gives workers when used so maybe it needs to change for Prehistoric to check for the tech required and give gatherers instead of workers.

If you were using the abandon city mod then that is Zappara's/mine to fix. Afforess hates it ;)

My computer is brand new, Windows 7, with 8 gigs of RAM.

You have an old XP or Vista PC, correct? Cause with my Win 7, i am having no problems at all until Renaissance era, but than there is nothing to do about that, that's the way it works.

I was thinking about making ALL the LH's a separate d/l, because of the older machine (looking at Dancing H;)) he said he had to go down a map size, and that's not what i want either.

My computer is brand new, Windows 7, with 8 gigs of RAM.

Well it must be the map size or your Anti_Aliasing/Anisotropic Filtering then: I recommend only standard maps and below, no more than 15 civs, and set everything for High Performance or higher rather than quality and Anti-A/A-filtering to 2X, rather than anything higher. Let me know how it goes then ok.:p

Well if they are domesticating them, then they would not go extinct because your breeding them.

Except that the stuff they ate was also dieing out due to warming as the ice age ended. Their diet was more restricted than that of elephants and they did not eat grass either.

Capturing and razing - do you mean you raze them on capture or do you use the abandon city option (ctl-A in the city screen). I know that the Abandon City mod gives workers when used so maybe it needs to change for Prehistoric to check for the tech required and give gatherers instead of workers.

If you were using the abandon city mod then that is Zappara's/mine to fix. Afforess hates it ;)

I used abandon option i think.

p.s. main issue was animal resource placement though. i figured you could also place pig, cow etc. as well

@strategyonly

Here are some tech icon buttons I made. I tried to only do the ones that were repeat icons. I also have no idea what to do for a "Barter" icon. See attachment.

Here use the one you think looks better:

I used the more square one. Since its easier to make into an icon. Anyways here you go. (See attachment).

Thx soooo much for doing these, it takes ALOT of burden away from, so again THX;)

btw i got them all, so you can go ahead and delete the files attached, thx.

I'm encountering an issue where my science progress/great person progress bars start flickering on and off, and when I try to save, the game crashes. I'd been playing this particular game for a good five hours with no problems, and was well into the medieval period (playing on snail speed).

I reloaded from autosave and tried a few more times, with the same results. Not sure what's causing it, as other than that, it's running very smoothly.

I am having similar issues as well. For me however, this time the era symbol (if enabled) and the rest of the ui on the top (Science bar, great person bar etc.) is gone. If I save on that turn I get a CTD. However I can move ahead a turn and everything reverts to normal except the month on the date is missing.

civbug.jpg
civiv.jpg

Here is my save before the first time it happened.
View attachment Dark Helmet BC-4000-January.CivBeyondSwordSave

Two Notes about game:
1. Yes I did use worldbuilder. I tried to remove barbarian settlements in an attempt to lower game time. I accidentaly placed units on certain tiles including on the water.

2. Yeah I was bored and I decided to name my leader and civ that. So sue me. :)

Top Bottom