v36 Crime Patch

Well Joe, I owe you and Sparth an apology. It was 100% on my end for somehow choosing the wrong file from my downloads to put into the game. I downloaded the file again and now do have 8998. Wow do I feel dumb today, between this and getting that darn saved game to show up in the forum. NOW to see what is new in 8998.

One thing that would be existing in 8998 would be the fairly major bug I just fixed. Not that it can't be cured by an update and recalc though.

I'm going to take a look at your save and see if the problem still exists in current code. I made an adjustment recently that could've repaired the possibility for that kind of event but there's a little more I think I can and should do... I was thinking on it today and I think some units are being captured with the unit being captured can't even be seen. I need to doublecheck on this because if that's the case then its likely that units that should be able to be seen that are there to defend should in fact be defending because they have no better invisibility than the units being captured. BUT I THINK that what I changed recently would enforce this better now anyhow.

Anyways, will be looking at the save. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm going on with 8998 though. I think I read where that big bug isn't very likely to show up without hide and seek on. BTW, that new tech screen looks great. I like it a lot.

Bump. I suggest moving this thread (or a new 'patch' thread) above the line so it doesn't fall off the front page.

Hopefully after all the save incompatibility issues are resolved I can put out another Patch.

And all this new stuff will just blow away those that have still been playing stock v36. Even those that used the patches will see some Big differences.

JosEPh

Hopefully after all the save incompatibility issues are resolved I can put out another Patch.

And all this new stuff will just blow away those that have still been playing stock v36. Even those that used the patches will see some Big differences.

JosEPh

Joe, if you need new link then just ask :)

I'll keep that in mind when the time comes Sparth, Thanks.

JosEPh

:bump:

Bumping for those players that are still using v36.

If you are still using v36 Official release, Please!, Update to this v36 Patched found in this post.version.http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14125363&postcount=44 Pretty Please with sugar on top kind of Please! :D

This fixes a ton of v36 issues, And it will introduce you to "some" of the New changes that have taken place and some that are still in progress.

Also with this v36Patched version your save game will still be Save game Compatible. The Breaking of Save games comes after this SVN version.

And finally, Yes there will still be to occasional "bug" but nothing that should break the game.

JosEPh :)

Hey, Joseph. Would it be possible for you to post another (post-savegame/break) update? I would be very interested in getting the latest developments, but for some reason I've never been able to get SVN to work for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person in this situation. Thanks, both in advance if you can do this, and for what you've already done for us semi-techno-illiterates in any case.

Hey, Joseph. Would it be possible for you to post another (post-savegame/break) update? I would be very interested in getting the latest developments, but for some reason I've never been able to get SVN to work for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person in this situation. Thanks, both in advance if you can do this, and for what you've already done for us semi-techno-illiterates in any case.

I should have a link available for the Latest Patch (SVN 9230) in about 2 hours. It will also have special instructions that need to be followed. You will be replacing 4 folders in your current C2C.

As always make a back up copy of your current Caveman2Cosmos and save it someplace out of the Civ IV BtS directory path. You might want to go back you know.

All games started with the Official v36 Mod or the v36 Crime Patch will No Longer be Save Compatible. They will not work correctly, if at all. Even your current User Settings folder will not work.

I will be providing a copy of mine so that you can Load the Mod and Start a new game. And then allow you to make the necessary changes to suit your playstyle (Options at game set up plus BUG Options). (Or you could try Mine out for giggles and grins ).

The File is compressed with win rar and comes in at ~ 840MB. The link for the file will be thru my Dropbox acct.

See you in an hour or 2 with link and specific details for use.

JosEPh

Thanks, Joseph! Looking forward to it. As I said, SVN is very unfriendly as far as I'm concerned, and I've heard that others find it so as well. Last time I tried to use it (about a week ago), it wound up adding about three dozen errors on startup including a couple of assert failures, after which the game would simply crash to desktop without ever even bringing up the caveman/astronaut startup screen. Not sure what was missing, but apparently several things were. Fortunately, I had learned from previous experiences and done as you suggest here, backing up my previously working copy before messing with anything. Sure makes it easier to revert... :D

Anyway, thanks for the help/extra effort. You're a prince, man! :king:

Thanks, Joseph! Looking forward to it. As I said, SVN is very unfriendly as far as I'm concerned, and I've heard that others find it so as well. Last time I tried to use it (about a week ago), it wound up adding about three dozen errors on startup including a couple of assert failures, after which the game would simply crash to desktop without ever even bringing up the caveman/astronaut startup screen. Not sure what was missing, but apparently several things were. Fortunately, I had learned from previous experiences and done as you suggest here, backing up my previously working copy before messing with anything. Sure makes it easier to revert... :D

Anyway, thanks for the help/extra effort. You're a prince, man! :king:

Were you trying to load the svn into a repository folder that already held a version of c2c or was it a clean and empty folder?

Were you trying to load the svn into a repository folder that already held a version of c2c or was it a clean and empty folder?

Clean, newly created folder. Like I said, SVN has never been all that user-friendly as far as I'm concerned. Maybe if I'd been using it for a few years on a constant basis (like the software I use at work) I'd understand the intricacies of it, but I just don't use it on a regular enough basis to get the subtleties, and the in-program documentation and help just aren't written on my level. As a result, it's techno-voodoo to me and lottery odds whether any given download will function as intended.

I guess I'm just struggling to understand what subtleties are necessary to 'get'. It's as straightforward as right clicking on an empty folder, named Caveman2Cosmos and placed within the mod folder, and establishing it as a repository, putting in the right url. Then click ok and let all the files get downloaded. That's it. No subtleties in the least.

If the download is interrupted, you do need to rightclick on the repository, select cleanup, hit ok, then wait until the cleanup is finished. Then right-click on the repository again and select update. Repeat as needed if it gets interrupted again. Still pretty simple.

Then you can update whenever the svn is added to if you wish to stay on top of the cutting edge of development. But there probably still will be another savegame break point before v37 is released.

There are 4 folders in this compressed Folder: Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings. Unrar, unzip, or un7z the compressed folder. The 4 folders you will work with are inside this uncompressed Folder.

In your Caveman2 Cosmos Folder you will replace (delete) the Old Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings folders and replace with the New folders (copy/paste). Nothing else needs to be changed to get you to the SVN version 9230.

<removed>
You are in for some Big Big changes! As StrategyOnly says "Have Fun!" :)

EDIT: This file is no longer available.

JosEPh

Okay... downloaded, unpacked, installed per your directions... let's see if this works. I'm goin' in... If I'm not back in the next twenty or thirty minutes, figure it worked and I may not be back for a few hours... :lol:

Edited to add: Well, it looks like it did work, and I'm moving along nicely. Some interesting game option choices, there, Joseph - I'm not sure all of them appeal to me, but I'll give them a two or three era trial before I decide against them (if I do - I may just decide to see how far out it plays). I can already say I'm not a big fan of starting without traits - if that's the setting, why even bother with having leaders? There's nothing to differentiate between them. But it's not enough of a problem to kill the game for me; I'll see where it winds up going.

If I had not supplied a User Settings folder there would've been serious problems with trying to start with the default empty folder. AND your old user settings are no longer valid too.

But you can always start a New Game and reselect all your favorite options, at Game set up And in BUG.

And your Welcome too. ;)

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom