Inquisition

Where is this indentation bug? I get no errors whatsoever, when playing this mod and I have debugging turned on. If there is the slightest mistake, it tells me. Please specify. :confused:

Don't worry OV, i posted this in response of Capo's post. ;)
You know, sometimes when I merge something and Pythons are involved the whole interface disappeared and this had to do with wrong indentations. It's sooooo annoying as the code looks fine but some hidden space/tab screws it all up :mad:

What do you think of the new combined version?

i havent been able to play the latest-latest version. In the previous version (code provided by you) I did notice the AIs did not wait too long to start religions like before (so that is fixed)...Since this is not the latest version, i did notice that late religions, like Islam never get founded. I'm assuming your full mod fixed this.

When I get some time I'll review the latest-latest version for you :goodjob:

i havent been able to play the latest-latest version. In the previous version (code provided by you) I did notice the AIs did not wait too long to start religions like before (so that is fixed)...Since this is not the latest version, i did notice that late religions, like Islam never get founded. I'm assuming your full mod fixed this.

When I get some time I'll review the latest-latest version for you :goodjob:

Thanks. I can use all the help I can get. Remember for religious founding:

If you choose limited religions and have less than 7 players, then it is true, you will not found all late game religions, as each civ is limited to found only one Holy City/new religion. If you have 3 players, then the maximum religions that will be founded will be 3. There is one exception: If a civ gets attacked and looses the Holy City in combat to another civ, then that Civ will be able to found a new holy City. That is because the game will detect that Civ no longer has a holy city and the 4th religion will become available to that civ on the next religious tech to be discovered.

If you choose the option to play without limited religions, then all religions will be founded during the course of the game, as they normally would.

V/R,

Orion Veteran

I didn't combine anything. When you gave me the one WITHOUT limited religions I got a screen with no interface on it at all. Just the map and untis. So I was afraid to combine it. Here I'll put in a picutre.

No none, all I did was download the mod you told me to download (the one without the limited religions) and ran it by itself, and this was the result. All other mods work, and the normal game works. I haven't edited or changed anything yet.

No none, all I did was download the mod you told me to download (the one without the limited religions) and ran it by itself, and this was the result. All other mods work, and the normal game works. I haven't edited or changed anything yet.

Very strange indeed. From my experience, I have noticed this type of error occurs when there is a problem in the CvMainInterface.py or there is some kind of indentation error in one of the Python files.

Try the latest version that combines the two versions and provides an option to select or deselect limited religions. If you still have a problem with version 101, then I would suggest the following.

1. Make sure your PC performance is tuned up - defrag your hard drive
2. Make sure you have enough physical RAM - Fill up those empty slots on the mother board.
3. Turn on debugging and let the game identify where the problem is.
4. You may need to re-install the BTS 3.17 patch.
5. I have two other major mods installed:
...a. Smartmap
...b. The Blue Marble graphics pack.
6. If all else fails, a fresh installation of CIV4 might fix the problem.

Bottom line: Something is wrong, as other people are clearly able to run this mod without having the same problem.

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Alright, I downloaded the 101 version and it worked perfectly. So I have no idea what went wrong in the last one. I don't know how to use WinMerge, so if I just want to add this unit (and its abilities and prereqs obviously) how do I go about doing that?

Orion,

I am very confused as to what the mod actually does in terms of religious victory and 1 religious shrine per civ, can you possibly explain the mod a bit more clear... as i want to use a inquisitor system in my mod but I am unsure of all that yours does.

Thanks Mate

Alright, I downloaded the 101 version and it worked perfectly. So I have no idea what went wrong in the last one. I don't know how to use WinMerge, so if I just want to add this unit (and its abilities and prereqs obviously) how do I go about doing that?

Did you do what I suggested?

Yeah I tried it but it didn't work, ctrl/alt+o actually gives an overhead view. But it isn't set at our exact specifications, I posted in the thread over at Apolyton about it. I still have some work to do to get it at the proper settings, and I still have to write all of the diplomacy texts for all of the new leaders, whichs is going to be tedious. I just need to finish that, and then figure out how to use WinMerge, get the unit into the mod and then tweak its prerequisites and everything. I think MMC has given up on the voting thing, he was saying something about voting at a website instead.

Orion, I am very confused as to what the mod actually does in terms of religious victory and 1 religious shrine per civ, can you possibly explain the mod a bit more clear... as i want to use a inquisitor system in my mod but I am unsure of all that yours does. Thanks Mate

There are 6 prerequisites for achieving a religious victory:

1. A player must have an official State Religion
2. A player must have the Holy City for the official State Religion
3. All of a player's cities must have the official state religion established.
4. All of a player's cities must not have any non-state religions established.
5. Religious influence must be at least 80%
6. A player must have built the official State Religion Shrine.

The limited religions option, which set in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file, prevents the founding of more than one Holy City per civ. You can found one religion and that is it. If you do not want to limit religions in the game, then set the option to 0, otherwise put a 1.

Inquisitors will remove all non-state religions and their related non-state religious buldings, if successful. To conduct an inquisition, the City must already have the state religion established.

V/R,

Hey OrionVeteran. Had a very intriguing idea, have to consider how possible it would be to implement it.

Imagine the Scenario: You have 2 civs running Hinduism as their State Religion. However, one civ is running Pacifism and the other is running Organized Religion. Civ A builds a missionary and sends it to one of CivB cities-here it conducts a "Generate Schism" mission. What this does is to convert that city from Organized Hinduism to Pacifist Hinduism. This city-after 1 turn of anarchy-now gains a -1 Happiness and loses access to any Hindu Buildings as long as the Religious Civics differ. Also, the civ which has the Hindu Shrine loses the gold it normally gets from that city. Additionally, Civ A "implants" +2 CivA Culture/turn into that city and gets +1 gold per turn from that city-as LONG as it runs Pacifism as its Religious Civic.
So what do you think? Could make religion even *more* interesting-especially with an expanded Dogma mechanism for Religions.

There are 6 prerequisites for achieving a religious victory:

1. A player must have an official State Religion
2. A player must have the Holy City for the official State Religion
3. All of a player's cities must have the official state religion established.
4. All of a player's cities must not have any non-state religions established.
5. Religious influence must be at least 80%
6. A player must have built the official State Religion Shrine.

The limited religions option, which set in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file, prevents the founding of more than one Holy City per civ. You can found one religion and that is it. If you do not want to limit religions in the game, then set the option to 0, otherwise put a 1.

Inquisitors will remove all non-state religions and their related non-state religious buldings, if successful. To conduct an inquisition, the City must already have the state religion established.

V/R,

OK, I think I got it... This is the module form of "religious unity" in your mod and what you worked out on the python forum... now I understand and will include this in my next version, thanks for putting it out there...

Top Bottom