Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

Oh no its spam! *poke*

Anyways, just got this email from GWT which is slightly troubling me

Dear Croxis!

Many thanks for your offer regarding a team chat. But at this moment our team wants to rely on email communication for game relevant information
exchange mainly for two reason. Firstly, because we want to have the
possibility to consult with all team members. Secondly, most of us are
not native english speakers and we want to avoid misunderstandings in
this early stage of our relation.

Later on, when the amount of information to exchange will grow, we can
of course communicate via IRC.

We sincerely hope, you and your team are not disappointed.

To improve the relation between our two nations, we suggest the
exchange of the following information:
- The description of the our know world, and
- the location of out prosperous capitals.

With best regards,

Bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen (GWT)

I am willing to talk about the first, but for security reasons I don't want to give away the homewor.. er capital location until we have a more developed relationship. The fact that they did not volunteer the information first is also concerning. Never mind the fact that we also do the same to other, but we are special!

croxis said:
I am willing to talk about the first, but for security reasons I don't want to give away the homewor.. er capital location until we have a more developed relationship. The fact that they did not volunteer the information first is also concerning.
Indeed. Giving away capital information on our part should be a no go. I don't know how long we can go back and forth on e-mail and build up a relationship.

Kinda disappointing. :sad:

I wouldn't be too disapointed that they don't want to do a chat. I prefer email comunications myself.

I think we can give them a vauge response then see how forthcoming they are.

How about this:
We are located far to the east of were we made contact. It is hard to give directions on this map because the land has many twists and turns, but if you can tell us how to get our unit within sight of your border we can open trade.
Right back at 'em.

theres certainly no harm in giving away the location of our capital to our so far primary ally when our so called non primary allies have found it GCA etc.

So theres no harm in giving it away, talking about whats inside it is a completly different matter.

I wouldn't call GWT a primary ally yet, I would hope it ends up that way.

If it does end up that way we need to think about our relationship with BAT, GWT probably is not still fond of them.

for some reason i read that as BAT, regardless my point still stands, GWT could become a good ally and the fact that it is highly doubtfull we can actually explain to them where our capital is makes it even better :D

Draft for GWT:

Hello. We understand your concerns with real time chat. From our journey it looks like the world is a giant spider web. The path we came from arcs up north for half of our charted map, then many branches down. The center branch leads our our homelands.

We would be delighted to know what other nations you have encountered. We look forward to your reply

To BAT, but I would like to delay this one until we get a response back from GWT.

Greetings! We would like to give you another update on our status. We have finally started on iron working to produce stronger weapons. Also we have met GWT and are currently evaluating their friendliness. Lets us know how things are going in your part of the world.

Hi there,

(OOC (out of character, i.e. real life) reply):
it seems our appointed ambassador anarchy is very often unavailable in vacation or something. We don't seem to be able to take a hold of him. ;)
Seriously though, we are always available via this email contact. Other meetings and exchanges have to planned in advance though, we are all pretty busy all day and night.
At this time we have not seen any immanent treaties or exchanges, thus we haven't initiated anything. If you are interested in starting talks about treaties (NAPs, 'inofficial' borders, expansion coordination, etc) or trades (common tech research strategy, exchanges, etc) we are always open to suggestions.

Concerning your messages, we received 3 messages. The (double) greetings, one introduction from your ambassador classical_hero and this one. Hope that's all.
Regards

Lucky
Gamecatcher Alliance

Well, ok, so they are there, but havent responded otherwise. I am really uncertan how we should procede at this point, if we should continue our "hostilities" or if we should investigate potetial trade options. Last score intelligance shows they are in a more weak position than we are, should we prepare to take advantage of it?

If you want peace prepare for war. I'm sure they are trying to get Keshiks so let’s work toward spearmen, continue exploring, eventually get a few ships and solidify a strong alliance. Is there something more specific you had in mind?

Pre-emption shouldn't be ruled out either. I know it's not popular but it can work.

Well, they put the ball in our court. However, by not offering any trades/treaties themselves, it obvious they don't really want a buddy-buddy relationship.

Be wary. GCA might have it out for us.

It's better to have a gun and don't need it than to need a gun but don't have it.

Hi!

It is very nice to see that our warriors have the same way. They seem to
be very familiar now.

We conform with your opinion, that we are lost in a spider web. If you
go to the west from the point we met your warrior you will find the
borders of our capital.

And yes, we met strangers not belonging to our nation. If you will
further follow our warrior Polly, you will find the borders of an
unknown nation. We assume that you also encountered some other nations,
didn't you?

With best regards,

Bratscher