The New Foriegn Minister.

robboo

Deity
OK lets get this rolling.

I want to establish a permanent tech alliance with someone. It would involve us trading either a beaker for beaker or tech for tech. I would prefer tech for tech if they are higher in gnp than us.( advantage us). If we are higher in gnp..then beaker for beaker.(advantage us) My goal is to make sure we get more out of the deal than they do but at the same time make them think its an equal partnership. I can spin it both ways to who ever we decide on, then its up to them to see if it will go as we want.

So to get started I need the following answered.
1. IS this a good idea? We could get burnt if we choose the wrong team.
2. So who do you propose we should do this with?
3. Who has given us more deals?
4. who would you be opposed to dealing with on any level.

Once we come to some sort of agreement amongst ourselves i will contact the team that we agree on. If they do not agree to it I will go on to the next team. If neither of them go for it...then we may need to reconsider our approach.

ALSO...if anyone has a "friend" on the team we choose we may try a behind the scenes talk to see if their team is interested. Sometimes the behind the scenes diplo works better.

Correct BUT is it a fully operational one..last I remember was it was a short term thing I want to get them to commit to a game long tech deal and establish a more permanent alliance. Unless its already been established since everything I read looks inconclusive past this current war. they mentioned possible co-operation...I just want to firmly establish it.

If that what everyone wants then I will go forward contacting them and iron our tech deal. At which time I will see if they are interested in a complete military and tech alliance till game end. Once thats happens we need to see who they think is the next target and then plan their demise after the current war is over.

ALSO...we can establish a three team alliance if we can get CBR to agree to it.

So who would be the third team?

The provisional deal i had worked out with CBR was, Col, compass, alpha and math for philo+machinery. This was in the agreement that we got Col, compass and alpha first. We would gift the others when we got the chance, i think i asked someone to send an e-mail but i dont think they did in the end. Should probably catch that up-turns havent been moving very fast again.

OK ....

Who do you think the third should be?
I am opposed to BAT being that team thats my only NO vote. Also the third should be someone both us and CBR can work with. We should probably check F4 and see if they have traded with any one else. that would be a start.

ALSO BC who or what address did you use for that trade is the team general address the one I should use?

ok I will contact them...if we get a response please forward it or let me know so I can get it. This first contact will be to establish communications and I will contact all the teams. It wont happen today as I have a long day at work, 12 hours of electro-fishing...yeah my life sucks. ;) If I had internet in the boat that wouldnt be a problem...

I am fine with CBR; they're quite far away and shouldn't be able to harm us.

Maybe the german team (can't remember the abbreviations) could be the third party in the alliance.

OK so they would be out...any other suggestions or just a two way. If I get some time tonight i will send out a message.

Dear CFC,

We wish to remain quite neutral in the conflict between you and GCA for
the moment.
But, as we have good relations with you, we have decided to give you the
information concerning Buffminister : the city is empty.
Nevertheless, we've seen many keshiks moving in this area during the
last turns. So we don't think this information will be very usefull
because these units could defend the city very quickly. That's up to you !

We accept your proposal for the exhange between machinery and feudalism.
We should have feudalism in 7 turns. What about you ?
We'd like to add a condition to this exchange : both teams are not
allowed to trade the technology received during 40 turns.

Last thing : we're now allowed to trade alphabet. Are you interested ?
Why not alphabet against theology for example ? It's unbalanced but our
first trade was in your favour (88 beakers) and we could restore the
balance with a later trade. Feel free to discuss about that.

Kind regards
BAT

From BAT

So if we do manage to drop 6 units outside we should in theory have enough to quickly raze the crap outa it. gotta kill that warrior before it spots us like.

About the deal, we could speak to CBR about it but then that deal wouldnt work out so well with us (the one with CBR as we'd lose alpha which would make the deal even more unbalanced).

Also, galahadba, CBR's person i have been talking too and their turnplayer has apparantly been in an accident. I've sent demarchi a mail asking him how he is and stuff.

OK BC...(thanks for the posted message)

Whats our deal with CBR? If we honor their deal can we then get BAT to agree to something else. We have to throw BAT a bone here to keep them interested in working with us even if we arent really interested.

We know from first hand experience that a civ that feesl you arent trading with them sometimes attack you when given an opportunity. So I would like to workout a trade with BAT.

Well that deal with cbr was only in pre lim stages, i was going to talk with angelo (galahadba) more about it but i havent seen him since. I guess because of the accident.

Cool...if we can arrange something to both teams that is my wish. Mention to them that I will be also involved in diplo and feel free to contact either of us.

Well i dont have anyone other than angelo on msn so we'll have to go through official channels now, which for cbr is demarchi.

Rob asked me to summarise all the diplomatic agreements we've made in game so far, please let me know if I've missed anything past present or pending.

BAT
OB
450 BC: Mysticism/Polytheism/Preisthood/Monarchy for Metal Casting (760 for 672)

GWT
OB

GCA
OB
War

CBR
Alliance vs. GCA
375 BC: Masonry/Monotheism/Hunting/Theology for Metal Casting (1104 for 672)?

COG
OB

EVG
OB
Trade embargo vs. GCA

Is something permenant with COG feasable, or even desirable?

They seem to be isolationistic, so it is hard to get anything from them. One thing we need to do is make sure that we can get calender when we trade around Machinery. BTW, has anyone sent message telling others that we are indeed researching Machinery so that we can start to get some good deals around, of course, with the proviso of not trading to GCA?

I havent sent anything yet... currently on my way out the door to a party so maybe tomorrow or later on tonight i can compose a message...unless someone else wants to. Just post here if you do.

Just mention that we are "near completion" dont really let them know that we are near starting. All in the spin of any situation....

Top Bottom