The New Foriegn Minister.

Ok, we are very badly behind in tech now compared to the lead runners heres what i propose.

We get in contact with BAT and CBR (the other laggers behind along with COG but its just impossible for them to talk back!) and try and arrange some form of deal where we simply share every single tech we come in to contact with, this means that rob and 1889 you'll need to get some e-mails off soon.

OK... I will contact BAT and CBR. I am at work so if someone can give me a hand with what we have and what they have I can contact them prior to going home.

I know you want a complete sharing but it may look better to ease them into it if we have more beakers or pretty close to what they have.

Just a simple broachinf off the subject is all that will be needed (would you like to start a three way alliance as we're all doing crap?) then let them get back to us with any details.

Keep in mind that if they are some of the weakest civs, then attaching ourselves to them is to make ourselves a bigger target for elimination.

OK...
Hi I hope your game is progressing as you had hoped. I am the new Foriegn Minister for Civfantics. We have been thinking about this idea for some time and we are curious if you would like to start a 3 team tech alliance. In this alliance we would share all techs we currently have and we would co-ordinate in research directions to further all of our civs advancement. We would like to form a three way tech alliance with BAT and CBR being the other members. If you look at the game, you will see that the 3 of us are being left behind technology wise. I have sent a similar email to the other team and will let you know their decision. This technology alliance is for technology exchange only, we can discuss military protection and joint military ventures at a later time. We are not currently interested in military ventures at this time since we are currently involved with one at this moment. Please contact me via this email address so we can discuss this further..

BC you mentioned something about machinery to trade.....was that just to these two or others.

i will send it after some feed back

First of all no tech trading allowed with COG as neither of us have Alphabet.:cry:

We have nothing to trade CBR but they have Meditation (119) Alphabet (448) and Archery (89)

We can trade Theology (747) to BAT (Qwerty) and the can trade Alphabet Archery and Compass (598) They also have Meditation and Code of Law (529) but can not trade them this turn.

GCA is the only team with Horse riding but of course we are at war weith them.

We can trade Monarchy (442) to trdae to EVG who have everything Meditation Code of Law Math (373) Alphabet Paper Archery Compass (598) and Machinery (1046)

GWT hase all the same techs in adition to Monarchy so we have nothing to trade them.

I don’t recall which techs we got in trade so we may not be free to trade everything.

A good start might be Theology to BAT for Alphabet, Archery and Meditation, then Monoarchy to EVG for Math.

What happened to easing them into it?

From what I can glean from the scraps of diplo in these threads, we traded Metal Casting to CBR in 375 BC for Masonry/Monotheism/Hunting (357 for 672). If that is so they owe us 315 beakers so should just give us Meditation (119) and Archery (89).

Dear BAT,

Would you be interested in trading for Thoelogy (747)? We would be willing to trade for Alphabet (448) Archery (89) and Meditation (119). The difference is 91 beakers in your favor but we hope that future trades will provide an opportunity for us to make up thius difference.

So Long Sucka’,

Dear EVG,

‘Sup? A-ha…a-ha…Say that’s great but the reason we contacted you was to see if you were interested in trading for Monarchy (442)? We would be interested in Math (373). Since the trade is 69 beakers in your favor the least you can do is give us some gold.

Come on G just make the trade already,

May need a little polish on those.

I spoke to Emp about a monarchy trade ages ago, they werent very up for it because what with the no wines/pyramids/big score they didnt need for it to grow anymore. They might have changed their minds now though.

About theology, we made an agreement with CBR not to trade it for twenty turns but im not quite sure if thats over yet. That was the other tech that they gave us 1889, so we're infact in their debt right now.

me and Angelo had a provisional machinery/philo for math,col,alpha and compass worked out but then he had an accident so im not sure if it got passed on to the team.

So this was the real deal: Masonry/Monotheism/Hunting/Theology for Metal Casting (1104 for 672)?

175 AD should be 20 turns since we got Theo. Thats just 3 turns away.

No there was something else to even up the beakers. Can't remember what though- we're still slightly in their debt though.

So should we send what i wrote or work on individual deals.

Send that to CBR, however the one to BAT leave out the name CBR, CBR are still our primary ally and if they decide against it we must go with them :)

OK when I get time tonight...cant use gmail at work.

Just talking to emp/lord park now. They're interested in letting us bulb philo and us trading for it.

Deal proposed is- math, CoL and alpha for Philo. The first three in advance and with a non trade on agreement regarding philo for twenty turns.

This deal in itself isn't especially magnificent but we could use philo as a massive trading chip- especially with GWT- we could get Civil Service. As they have equal beakers etc.

Except isn't our GS still 17 turns away and can he even lightbulb philo all the way or do we still have to do so research to finish it up? Hopefully we could get Math and Alph in the next few turns with the deals outlined above and use Philo for other trades.

No, :confused: our GS is only one or two turns away and in every single game i've played a GS has been able to bulb philo fully.

Sounds good. math/CoL/Alph (1343) for philo (1196).

Messages sent to BAT and CBR.

I've started new threads for communications with other teams. It will be just a small amount of extra work but so helpful in keeping our diplomacy organized. Please use them.

The only drawback with the deal is all three of the tech we're getting nearly everyone else has. So the real value to this deal is what we can get from GWT for philo. I, personally think we should push for civil service.

Top Bottom