Game of Thrones

When I place units in WorldBuilder into a foreign territory, e.g. into the territory of an allied city state, the combat units are being reset outside if its borders (the non-combat ones remain) once the scenario is loaded. Is there a way to avoid that?
I think somewhere underlying it is first replacing the units before confirming the alliance but it would be better the other way round.

This is easy to do through the Scenario Editor tab of World Builder. Setting whichever players you want at war and then checking the Permanent War or Peace box. If you want to spark a war later in the game you'll have to use lua for that: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11740211&postcount=5
Thanks for your reply. I thought so also but it doesn't seem to work.
I've checked the two parties to be "At War With" as well as "Permanent War or Peace With". Nevertheless when I let the AI play the Civs they declare peace after some turns...

Edit: Oh, of course I have the "Permanent War or Peace" unchecked to allow for diplomatic freedom of other Civs.

Okay, here are the things that I currently have pending before I would like to post a release:

- Permanent war/peace problem only for specific civs.
- Combat units located in city states at startup are being relocated (this seems however only true for non-human players).
- How to modify the value of a unit so that it improves relationship a lot when given as a gift (I've already given the unit a high production cost, does this increase the value already?). I had a quick look at that City States Diplomacy mod but it looks like a complete re-write and I'm not yet that familiar with modding.
- When a unit is captured it loses its unique name.

Any help on these items would be much appreciated. I can also make a German translation at some point.

Edit: Oh, of course I have the "Permanent War or Peace" unchecked to allow for diplomatic freedom of other Civs.

Well, logically you couldn't have "freedom" and constraint simultaneously, right?

In my experience, you must check the permanent war/peace box in order for, well, permanent war. Yes, that's a global which is a bummer. But check out the link in previous post for maybe some ideas on invoking later wars.

Then I rather leave it up to the leaders to stay at war than forcing it for everyone.
I've modified the leaders to be more hostile. Let's see how that works out.

Actually, if I would write a LUA script similar to:

LannisterTeam:SetPermanentWarPeace(StannisTeamID, true);
StannisTeam:SetPermanentWarPeace(LannisterTeamID, true);

And make this to run at startup, would that lead to a permanent war between the two parties only even with the "Permanent War or Peace" unchecked or is it actually just the same thing I set in Scenario Editor?

Another problem I have is the diplomatic contact with city states:

Even though the map has been made visible to a player and in Scenario Editor I have checked the "in contact with" the game still tells that the city state hasn't been met so far. So also all pre-defined influences (or war) do not work.

Then I rather leave it up to the leaders to stay at war than forcing it for everyone.
I've modified the leaders to be more hostile. Let's see how that works out.

Hey there, I agree that if a player is going to play out the mod in their own way they need the opportunity to form alliances and fight wars in a way that is not consistent in the book. Some may be naturally hostile (Ironmen and northerners; Dani and Westerosi) but ultimately the objective has to be to unite the seven kingdoms under the iron throne.

Also I was not getting updates from this thread, which was dormant for ages. It looks like you took some initiative to do some more work - did you use the playable civs information I had uploaded here? I hope so! Also I think I uploaded a better map, the original map had almost no detail on Essos and some actually wrong details (presumably from the original mapmaker who had not read all five books?).

If you let me know where you are or post up a draft version I can help with any remaining tasks!
G

Okay, here are the things that I currently have pending before I would like to post a release:

- Permanent war/peace problem only for specific civs.
- Combat units located in city states at startup are being relocated (this seems however only true for non-human players).
- How to modify the value of a unit so that it improves relationship a lot when given as a gift (I've already given the unit a high production cost, does this increase the value already?). I had a quick look at that City States Diplomacy mod but it looks like a complete re-write and I'm not yet that familiar with modding.
- When a unit is captured it loses its unique name.

-Ok for number 1, it looks like that should have been solved by a recent post so let me know where I can dl your mod version and playtest it!
-again it seems like a playtest issue; if the mod has a unit somewhere then they can move it on their first turn...
-I'm not sure how unit value is calculated, but...
-other civs should NOT be able to use another civ's unique units. There's hardly any 'capturing' in the game; outside privateers you can only capture workers or settlers (which become workers). Great people die as does any combat unit. If you gift a unique unit it should become a normal one, my Russian cossacks should become normal cavalry for you, vanilla civ style.

But I would love to see where you have gotten and beta test a bit, can you post a zip file?

Are map and civs playable without playing the mod start (units and wars and such)?

LTG

Hi everyone,

I just want to give you a quick update. It seems that some of my issues (e.g. the Permanent War) were cause by an outdated Civ version. So I put it on Steam and have the latest now. I did also buy G&K and right now the MOD is crashing Civ when trying to load it with G&K. I will upload the latest Vanilla version I had soon for you guys to test and give feedback. It will take me some time to figure out what I need to change in the MOD to make it run under G&K. My actual goal would be to use it with G&K since Religion is a large topic in the story also, but I know it will be hard to implement religions.

The Map is tied to the MOD since it's using the CIVs and already has units from the MOD. I've also modified the MAP to be more consistent with the latest facts from the story - however still facing the issue with the overall map size.

Also, if you want to play it away from the story you can well use the original MOD. I only modified it to be closer to the story.

The relocation thing is something I saw when watching with debug mode and the whole map revealed when being the first player to start. Since I can't start it yet with G&K I can't tell if it's solved with the latest version.

Do you know if there is an easy way to switch back to a Vanilla mode with G&K installed?
Also, is there some kind of FAQ what needs to be made in order to make a Vanilla MOD work with G&K?

Hi everyone,
It will take me some time to figure out what I need to change in the MOD to make it run under G&K.
The most common problem will be in the Buildings table. Under Vanilla, buildings produced Culture through a column in the Buildings table. With G&K Culture is a yield like any other (mostly) and must be added as a yield in the Building_YieldChanges table.

My actual goal would be to use it with G&K since Religion is a large topic in the story also, but I know it will be hard to implement religions.
Actually, adding and changing Religions is very easy. Most of the work in modding a religion is changing or adding new Beliefs, but this is quite easy, too. A good example of a completely new religion system can be found in my Maya Scenario.

Do you know if there is an easy way to switch back to a Vanilla mode with G&K installed?
In the Main Menu, click on DLC then simply de-select (disable) the Expansion. This goes for any DLC as well.

So here you can download the latest Vanilla version I have made. You'll probably still need to manually copy over the map to your maps directory.
A Game of Thrones (v 1)

The most common problem will be in the Buildings table. Under Vanilla, buildings produced Culture through a column in the Buildings table. With G&K Culture is a yield like any other (mostly) and must be added as a yield in the Building_YieldChanges table.
I'll look at it once I find some time. If one of you can fix it it would be helpful also ;)

Actually, adding and changing Religions is very easy. Most of the work in modding a religion is changing or adding new Beliefs, but this is quite easy, too. A good example of a completely new religion system can be found in my Maya Scenario.
I thought it all has to be done through LUA and the difficulty is to assign the religions out to all the cities and Civs on the map which can't be done in WB (I hope there will be an update on that soon).

I've tried deactivating all DLCs but it's still crashing when I select the map in game setup and choose load scenario. It looks like something on the map may be problematic. If I tick the load scenario, the list of leaders/civs is empty, if I untick it, the list is there.

I'm looking into it and hope I can find it.

When I start a game without the "load scenario" it seems to work (though it doesn't make a lot of sense without settlers).

Is anyone able to assist here as well?

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone has a working download link for this mod. The ones I've seen have been taken down and the file I have is outdated. It's been 250 turns and I want to keep the Starks from discovering gunpowder, hahaha. I'd really appreciate a working download link. Thanks! :D

Hi guys!.

First of all congrats couse the mod is awesome!.

But i´m having problems with the map. I download the MOD but i don´t know how can i pick the correct map for this MOD......I have two mas, one of westeros(only) and another one with all the GoT map.

If I pick the first the players starts in the correct positions but i can´t chose Danaerys because there´s no essos. And if i chose the other map I can chose danaeris(for examle) but layers stars randomly.......

Top Bottom