Download link and version info

Are you planning on making a scenario compatible version because if you were I'd like it so I could set possible civs in different areas Example have it so in North America the Cherokee Indians could spring up but they wouldn't be able to appear in Europe or Asia. Just having like a range system that you could put from x 25 to x 55 and from y 10 to y 60 the Dutch Empire could appear or a system similar to this! I would greatly appreciate if you could do something like this! thx

I'll try to create an easy way to do this with some examples ... what kinds of control would you like to be able to have? Here's what I'm thinking:

- Parent civ controls for rebels, ie American rebels spawn from English towns (somewhat exists already)
- Geographic controls for BarbarianCiv and Revolution
- Time period controls of BarbarianCiv and Revolution

There's also the question of what do to when a perfect match can't be found ... in many scenarios it might be rare, but it certainly could occur. Options include simply spawning barbs instead or picking a civ type which meets some of the criteria but maybe not all.

Any other ideas which could help you out?

is there a note ingame that better bts ai is running? or is that "feature" for the standalone better bts mod only?

edit: nevermind. found it. :D

I cant really seem to find a suggestion thread, so I just post what I have to say here:

I find revolutions in other empires always a bit surprising, sort of like "what, THEY just not have internal troubles? my, didnt see that coming". so: have you considered some way of displaying the revolution ratings for other civs in the foreign advisor? or anywhere for that matter? something like RFC's stability ratings next to the names.

I know, its city based, not civ based and it may be intentional, because its a type of information you may not have access to. but considering that in history, internal troubles never could exactly be kept a secret (indeed, seperatist groups might even approach rivals for aid) it doesnt seem too abstract. well, I guess it would be a fairly big modification, so I won't press it, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

of course, something like that could lead to massive changes in diplomacy and espionage (instigate rebellion, supply troops to rebels, maybe anonymously, demand from a civ to acknowledge their rebels independence, UN resolutions to grant independence and more) but that's probably more something for firaxis to include in civ 5.

edit: damn, almost forgot to congratulate you on that excellent piece of work. kinda sad that it seriously limits the feasibility of some strats though. I found early whipping an extremely dangerous strat early on and multiple relgions can proove quite nasty before free religion.

Version 1.64 for BTS 3.17 posted!

Biggest game play change is the large tweaks to StartAsMinors, when a civ goes from minor to full they now remain at war with everyone they've met. Peace only comes through negotiations with other full civs and it can take a while before things settle down ... it makes the early game much more dynamic. Also, StartAsMinors now works in team games, fixing a big outstanding bug for that kind of setup.

The other big change is that DynamicCivNames now gets strings from XML, allowing for localization to different languages.

The cool new loading screen by Headlock makes its first appearance too, enjoy!

Finally, this doesn't include new Better BTS AI or Unofficial Patch versions ... there are new versions of both of those coming out soon, so I'll upgrade this again in a week or two when those have settled out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this version also has a new option to show the civ name instead of leader name in the scoreboard. I'll incorporate a better scoreboard mod someday soon.

A new version of 1.64 has been posted ... mainly small tweaks for the translation work Chechu is doing (muchas gracias!).

There's one change which will effect you now, Chechu helped locate a bug with the appearance of the "Our agents report that tension in ..." message. There will be another new version in a week or two with new AI and such, so if you're short on bandwidth hold off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this version also has a new option to show the civ name instead of leader name in the scoreboard. I'll incorporate a better scoreboard mod someday soon.

Do you think you could make the new scoreboard BUG compatible? As of now your scoreboard is overwritten by BUG, but BUG doesn't understand things like minor civs and rebellions so these are just dropped from the scoreboard. I know you're loathe to alter your mod with mergings in mind, but given the prevalence and usefulness of BUG it would be great if you made an exception here.

There will be another new version in a week or two with new AI and such, so if you're short on bandwidth hold off.

Thanks for keeping us modders updated on Revolutions progress. Makes life easier working out release schedules for my own mod. :goodjob:

Cheers.

Do you think you could make the new scoreboard BUG compatible? As of now your scoreboard is overwritten by BUG, but BUG doesn't understand things like minor civs and rebellions so these are just dropped from the scoreboard. I know you're loathe to alter your mod with mergings in mind, but given the prevalence and usefulness of BUG it would be great if you made an exception here.

Yeah, getting the current BUG setup to show the important new Revolution info is the goal, it's the one compatibility nut that hasn't been cracked yet.

I merged BUG and Rev and managed the "problem".
Here are my MainInterface ad Scoreboard files. (With some other changes you would have to delete. But I don't know, what you want to add, so you'd have to merge the parts you need)

Attachments

• Scoreboard.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 116
is there now a chance to release revolution mod with bug mod in it? :D

Another question: When will there be a merged version of rev with your latest better ai?

Another question: When will there be a merged version of rev with your latest better ai?
Waiting on this. glider in his pimpness will release the next RevDCM mod when this comes out. I suppose though, those like us that beg should really learn how to compile the gameCore so it would be done. So, Caesium, you up to compile a new BtSAI-Rev GameCore.dll? I'd use it if you made it, if not, I'll wait till it comes.

Also the rest of the US missed out on a Revolution that would have happened if McCain had won. Here in Little Beirut, Fireworks went off for hours, and people are still honking horns over Obama's victory.

My "problem" is, that I'm always merging in the new ai changes and the rev changes to an existing modded dll, that already works.
But, to prevent myself from making mistakes in merging I'd prefer to merge in the whole jdog package ;)

Compiling a new dll based on rev and latest ai wouldn't be the problem (two or three hours maximum), but I hope jdog adds new features, when releasing the new merge ;)

Waiting on this. glider in his pimpness will release the next RevDCM mod when this comes out.

I'll merge BUG 3.5 into RevDCM once Jdog is happy with a new release of Revolutions once it includes latest Better BTS and Dresdon. I'll try not to be "pimp" about it ;)

@Jdog
Thanks for the changes to "Start As Minors". This option is great!

Cheers.

Top Bottom