Bug Reports

The distance effect must be quite complex to decide on! There are so many factors. Corporations now allow the possibility of spreading massive amounts of culture into a size one outpost, more than any religion or wonder can ever do (>+11culture points per turn is easy). Does that mean the distance effect has to be increased? I hope not. Maintaining distant colonies is fun.
Cheers.

I found an interesting bug, although it doesn't have too much affect in the game (if you're not stupid!):

If you have enough espionage points against a civ and you can look inside their cities, it's possible to bribe them the same way you would your own. I don't know if it actually has an effect on the city, but it does deduct the money from your treasury (not the city owner's).

I found an interesting bug, although it doesn't have too much affect in the game (if you're not stupid!):

If you have enough espionage points against a civ and you can look inside their cities, it's possible to bribe them the same way you would your own. I don't know if it actually has an effect on the city, but it does deduct the money from your treasury (not the city owner's).

You could use it to help keep your vassals stable!? But since the AI won't use the bug, it wouldn't be fair on them :mischief:

There is one other non-serious bug with the revolt slider. The help text popup sometimes lingers on after you have left the city screen. However switching to the desktop and back clears it so it's no drama.

All in all the mod is working great. Late game rebellions are really well balanced I think. The AI is even able to support cities on other continents although it is difficult. On Monarch level I think Revolutions makes it a touch easier for the human to catch back up in the late game because of revolts abroad affecting the AI more than the human.

Cheers.

The help text popup sometimes lingers on after you have left the city screen. However switching to the desktop and back clears it so it's no drama.

That happens if you hit "escape" to get out of the city screen with the mouse hovering over the slider. All you have to do is go back to the city screen, move the mouse away from the slider, and hit "escape" again and it will clear.

StormLord-711- said:

Good find ... will be fixed for the next version.

That happens if you hit "escape" to get out of the city screen with the mouse hovering over the slider. All you have to do is go back to the city screen, move the mouse away from the slider, and hit "escape" again and it will clear.

Is this still happening? I thought I'd fixed that in 1.26 ...

Good find ... will be fixed for the next version.
Is this still happening? I thought I'd fixed that in 1.26 ...

Sorry Jdog I am still playing on version 1.25, didn't realise 1.26 was available! You imply that it's game compatible with 1.25 so I'll give it a test out. Sorry for the confusion.:sad:

Playing Rev Merged with Beginning.12 I got this in auto play

the Revolution Mod picture is only your mod got this error at turn 399 in auto can you fix this please and Thankyou

@Roamty:

The first 3 errors you've posted are all caused by a plot in the game map having never been assigned to an area. This is not a problem with Revolution, all plots are supposed to be assigned to an area. My only advice would be that since this only popped up ~400 turns in it must be a new city that just formed which is causing it and by examining the PythonDbg.log you could probably pinpoint which one it is. This would tell you where the problem plot is and get you a step closer to figuring out why it has no area. Sorry I can't be of more help.

As for the 4th error from naming, a fix will be in the next version of the mod (1.3) which should be posted very soon. Thanks for posting!

@Roamty:

The first 3 errors you've posted are all caused by a plot in the game map having never been assigned to an area. This is not a problem with Revolution, all plots are supposed to be assigned to an area. My only advice would be that since this only popped up ~400 turns in it must be a new city that just formed which is causing it and by examining the PythonDbg.log you could probably pinpoint which one it is. This would tell you where the problem plot is and get you a step closer to figuring out why it has no area. Sorry I can't be of more help.

As for the 4th error from naming, a fix will be in the next version of the mod (1.3) which should be posted very soon. Thanks for posting!

Varietas Delectat VD_CIV4CivilizationInfos was my problem Thankyou for pointing me to cities I did not update it to my CIV4CivilizationInfos problem fix again Thankyou Your next version will be in my mod again Thankyou for all of your hard work Good Luck to you

Don't know if any one have reported this becouse im to lacy to read all theese bugs.

I tested to start with 34 civs. But when i have discovered their civs their names you klick on to get up diplomacy window are all they way up to the top of my screen, some are even outside it. That means you can't talk with those civs. (well i cant see them outside my screen but they would have been there if my screen whas bigger).

Is there a way to fix this or at least a way to walk around this?

Hi, i just recently downloaded the mod for BTS 3.13 and i have a problem. Whenever i start a game...
Spoiler :

It just shows me the starting position, nothing else. (just like it would if you press alt-i, but i tried pressing it, doesn't work.)

Hi, i just recently downloaded the mod for BTS 3.13 and i have a problem. Whenever i start a game...
Spoiler :

It just shows me the starting position, nothing else. (just like it would if you press alt-i, but i tried pressing it, doesn't work.)

The interface disappearing happens to some people ... check out the instructions for correcting this from the FAQ.

The interface disappearing happens to some people ... check out the instructions for correcting this from the FAQ.

Thank you! (except the part where he says "warlords only" is my only worry :rolleyes: )

BTW this mod sounds awesome, can't wait to play it.

EDIT: i tried to play again, and i'm still having this problem...

Hmm, alright ... definitely roll back to the original CvPath.py then and I have a couple ideas:

1. Make sure you have no files in your CustomAssets directory (rename it if you want to keep them for later)

2. Turn on error logging in My Games\BTS\CivilizationIV.ini, change the following settings from the bottom of the file:
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1
Which will enable Python debug logs. Start a game of Revolution, then open My Games\BTS\Logs. There are two logs of interest, PythonDbg.log and PythonErr.log.

In PythonDbg.log, do a search for "installDir" ... this will take you to a point in the log where the paths that the mod is looking for various files are printed out. Make sure the installDir the mod is looking in is actually where the game is installed to and that the mod's Python folder and other files are located at installDir\Mods\Revolution\Assets. If the paths aren't right, then we've found the problem and I can help you get CvPath to work for you.

If the paths are right, then send me the contents of PythonErr.log by PM (or, if it's blank, PythonErr2.log) and I can figure out what the conflict is.

note on Multiplayer compatible

when playing two humans

Disable AIAutoPlay or you get this

AIAutoPlay - disable (this generates Out of Synch errors if your civ goes into rebellion and the AI has to take over your civ; probably because it tries to AI-take-over both players) by Raize

Top Bottom