Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have a definite problem. I *never* EVER seem to generate any horses on the map. I'm using BTS 3.19, ROM 2.8, AND 1.7.3. I use the Full of Resources 3_0 map generating thingy, Shuffle map. I left the 'Grounds' tab at all default since I wasn't sure what the options did. On the 'Resources' tab, I've left those pretty much at default, except I've tried it both with 'Horses' checked and unchecked (didn't seem to make much difference).

I've only played AND a few days, probably started around ten games, and sometimes I had iron and/or copper show up on the map (though sometimes rather distant), but I've never seen any horses. I never completely explored the map, but the last couple of times I used the World Editor and was able to find NO horses. At all. I don't think I've ever found any apples or olives, ever, either.

There are resources I almost always see: cotton, silk, copper, iron, elephants, coffee, etc. But there are some, as I said, I pretty much never see. I'm also seeing a lot of tundra/ice as well, even though I set it at 'temperate.'

It is a fantastic mod. Loving it though I'm sucking at it (as usual). Where could I try tweaking the numbers a bit to try and make sure that the resources I never see show up sometimes? And the resources I'm seeing pretty often are maybe more rare? I'm not sure I understand how all the numbers work!

you can force place horses with FoR

Issues with Resource Generation are much more likely the fault of map scripts than the mod.

Issues with Resource Generation are much more likely the fault of map scripts than the mod.

Certainly. When I eliminate ice/tundra from the map, then all of the resources I mentioned above start to show up. (Not necessarily by ME, but I do see a few on the map.) The help notes on FoR don't really explain a lot to me (which probably says more about me than about the notes, but ...!) Is there an FoR thread to ask questions about using it, and should I ask there instead of here about usage?

Full of Resources does not work properly with RoM. I don't think that any of the non-RoM mapscripts do.

Couldn't make static leaderheads and no graphics for buildings to work. I copied them from unloaded modules to modules - nothing happens. Is there anything else I should do for it to work?

Every time I get a new RoM, I delete FoR immediately :). So no idea.

I never use it either. I believe you just can't use it with RoM properly.

If you would like to have more resources on the map, you can use SmartMap script.
It gives you a lot of other options to choose as well (i.e. you can get more tribal huts if you'd like).

I tried to improve the resource placement system on my own, but it never works well.
Lately, I have a problem with stone and horses. As for the first case it seems that you can have marble or stone, but never both :)

That probably makes sense. A Duel-size map I played on Aboria spawned no horses or ivory. The next map, tiny-size same mapscript, spawned no horses. :lol:

I never use it either. I believe you just can't use it with RoM properly.

Unfortunately, that is the conclusion at which I have also arrived. Well, I mean technically of course you CAN use it with RoM but the results are never quite what you want.

If you would like to have more resources on the map, you can use SmartMap script. It gives you a lot of other options to choose as well (i.e. you can get more tribal huts if you'd like).

Interesting! I tried several mapscripts looking for one that worked well, and I too am very happy with RoM_SmartMap. The options it gives are great, if not quite as detailed as FoR, and work out extremely well for my own enjoyment.

-- WC

Uhm, I feel like an idiot for posting this question. But well, I need an answer to it, so here it is...
How do you get a victory with this mod?
Playing a huge (deity, thanks to me not noticing adjustable difficulty is on by default) game now... my G15 keyboard display is spamming that I'm well over the dominance limit both in land and in population, victory screen says the same, but I don't get a victory.
So elections for the UN come up. My massive vote count + that of all my vassals is more than enough for a diplomatic victory, I win the vote (Victory board says PASSED), but no victory.
(To be honest, this might be a RoM thing, but since I modded it with AND, figured I'd ask here.)

You're probably playing a Mastery victory then. You either need to have a score which doubles everyone else put together, wipe out everybody except your vassals or wait for the clock to expire.

Hmm, guess I can try, just kinda boring to continue playing once you're THAT much more powerful than any opponent, just grinding city after city, hoping there isn't yet another revolt in your vassal's nations that spawns a new civ for the billionth time that just won't die when all their cities and units get beaten.
How/where can I turn this off? At the start of the game I selected all the victories but I guess this "Master Victory" overrides them?

Hmm, guess I can try, just kinda boring to continue playing once you're THAT much more powerful than any opponent, just grinding city after city, hoping there isn't yet another revolt in your vassal's nations that spawns a new civ for the billionth time that just won't die when all their cities and units get beaten.

Thats why I added the mercy rule, where the game ends early if you are the most powerful. Turn on the mercy rule, and win the game. (The option is in the BUG Settings Panel)

Ok great, thanks.
Maybe something for the next version:
If Master Victory is on, get rid of the message spam saying you've got 60% of the required 51% to win the game etc... and/or a message the likes of "Your army is so large it blocks out the sun, your culture has left noone untouched and your scientists are centuries ahead of the competition. Your message to the world is clear: Resistance is futile!" A) Show mercy to the enemy, end this swiftly. **Win the game.** B) Maybe I'll show them the hard way... **Continue playing until other victory conditions are met.**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom