AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to thank you for updating this magnificent add-on:goodjob:

If you have time and skill maybe you could also try to find out why hot seat MP is not working at the moment? It has something to do with custom leader heads that comes with the mod.

Perhaps you face the same problem during this update, assuming you wanna make this MP hot seat playable as it use to be:)

I ask because we (my self and 3 friends) have 50 civs MP scenario that uses Mega pack. We use to play hot seat games but in current revisions of AND hot seat is broken even without Mega pack.

Its probably nothing big but our modding skills are modest:( We can fix minor things if we could find out what causes problems but in this case we have no idea..

Wait wait.. Ill take my words back:) with latest revision MP hot seat is working fine.

If you want to contribute to the git repo, i can add you and your friends !

I doubt that we have much to offer:(

I meant that we are able to fix things like balancing UUs, but at the moment we cant use mega pack because its too much out of date for our skils.

But we can release our scenario for mega pack when its updated. Its 49 civ +barbs realistic starting place huge world map. Its very playable otherwise but older computers cant handle it.

XML editing is really quite easy. It doesn't require any coding knowledge at all. It may look intimidating at first, but each file is just the same group of lines repeated over and over in a very specific pattern.

If you stare at a file for a few minutes next to the stats of the building/unit/whatever, you should be able to figure out what most of the lines do. Then all you have to do is tweak the numbers. Honestly, the greatest difficullty in editing the XML is the tedium :p.

Oh, also having a good text editor makes a HUGE difference. I (and a large portion of the modding community) recomend notepad++. It's free, it's simple, and it works really well.

To ease the translation process, i think we should gather all the "gametext" files into the same folder, say, "TEXT". What do you think about it ?

I also remember that some text strings are in the same files as parameters so they should be separated in a new gametext file.

@rtt4a: Randomness is true, editing xml is easy. The harder in this submod is to balance the civs, not editing files !

@45: see other thread.

I noticed while playing as the Hurrians that I still was building Standing Stones and I couldn't build Courthouses. The Villu Statues still showed up in the tech tree and the civilopedia, tho.

I noticed while playing as the Hurrians that I still was building Standing Stones and I couldn't build Courthouses. The Villu Statues still showed up in the tech tree and the civilopedia, tho.

Sorry, I was a bit lazy with MCP / busy IRL, so I made no updates lately. But I am working on it and other things as well.

Hiya, I'm having difficulties installing the civ pack :(

For one thing I don't have a WoC_Installer.Jar file! It wouldn't open up (even after I downloaded the latest JRE from Java website) and when I tried running BTS it wouldn't start up, and I had to close the process through task manager. I did a little bit of fumbling :o and I managed to delete the Installer file when I was reinstalling RAND.

Now I'm stuck and I can't run this wonderful mod! Please help!

Hiya, I'm having difficulties installing the civ pack :(

For one thing I don't have a WoC_Installer.Jar file! It wouldn't open up (even after I downloaded the latest JRE from Java website) and when I tried running BTS it wouldn't start up, and I had to close the process through task manager. I did a little bit of fumbling :o and I managed to delete the Installer file when I was reinstalling RAND.

Now I'm stuck and I can't run this wonderful mod! Please help!

WoC_Installer is not needed anymore, since the launcher provided with the main mod can handle modules.
Make sure you download the latest version of MCP. The link in my signature is up to date.

WoC_Installer is not needed anymore, since the launcher provided with the main mod can handle modules.
Make sure you download the latest version of MCP. The link in my signature is up to date.

Thanks for telling me! I'll try again right now :)

Edit: I have a question: the RAND installer installs to _Civ4CustomMods on my machine. SO should I extract the files here or in the usual mods folder?
Edit 2: Ok so I unzipped the first pack into the Custom Mods folder and overwrited any files. I start the game through the launcher and it works, but the new civs are nowhere to be found! I don't know what I'm doing wrong -_-
Edit 3 (Another edit :eek:) I tried the link in your signature ... still no luck. I know it's something silly that I'm doing wrong but I will keep trying! Grrr!!

I GOT IT!!! All I needed to do was enable the module through the launcher. So much waisted time, BWAHHH! But nothing can stop Tough Puppy, even myself :D Thankyou for your help Sogroon!

Btw, Does anybody else get purple icons in the Civilopedia? It's no big issue, I'm just curious if there's a fix :p

Hiya, I'm playing a game as Israel and my archers are big red blobs, instead of men. SS included :D
Spoiler :

Edit: Both the purple square/icons and red blobs fixed. I reinstalled on a clean RAND, this time following the instructions here EXACTLY. Thanks for you help again Sogroon.

Atomicgamer is down so if anybody have Megapack files on disk and can put it on some free server (i.e. mediafire) that I can download it?

Atomicgamer is down so if anybody have Megapack files on disk and can put it on some free server (i.e. mediafire) that I can download it?

Try clicking on Mega Civ Pack in my signature and follow the instructions ;)

Hello.
I can´t get the mega civ pack to work.

I tried to follow the instructions. The 2 .zip files are unpacked in the mods folder. But then.. I don´t know what to do.

Help please :p

BR Loffas

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 114
I can give the bare bones on how to install the pack. I don't how the launcher works.

Mod Folders
The folders for the mod need to be in the Assets\Modules folder. There should be 3 folders already there: Formations, interface, and Modern_flags. You copy the folders for the packs into the Modules folder. There is one folder for the Mega Civ pack (additional civilizations) and one folder for the Custom Leaderheads pack (additional leaders for the base AND civs).

x1.PNG

FPK files
The FPK files for the pack -- MCP0.fpk for the Mega Civ Pack, CLHMCP0.fpk for the Custom Leaderheads MCP Pack -- go in the main Assets folder. There should be four FPK files already there: RoM.fpk, and.fpk, Vokarya.fpk, and terrain_textures_and.fpk, plus some xz files that are alternate terrain graphics. You copy the FPK files into that folder.

x2.PNG

Activating the Modules
With the files and folders in place, you have to activate the module. To do this, you have to edit Assets\Modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml with any text editing program.

For the Mega Civ Pack, you will need to add the lines in blue. I've spoilered this just so the post isn't too long. If you want Custom Leaderheads as well, you have to copy the blue bit and change Custom_Civilizations_MCP to Custom_Leaderheads_MCP.
Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--Civilization 4 - Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn, module control loading file-->
<!--Originally created by World of Civilization Team-->
<Civ4ModularLoadControls xmlns="x-schema:CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema.xml">
    <DefaultConfiguration>Modules</DefaultConfiguration>
    <ConfigurationInfos>
        <ConfigurationInfo>
            <Type>Modules</Type>
            <Description>Initialize ALL Modules by using the MLF file structure</Description>
            <Modules>
                <Module>
                    <Directory>Formations</Directory>
                    <bLoad>1</bLoad>
                </Module>
                <Module>
                    <Directory>Interface</Directory>
                    <bLoad>1</bLoad>
                </Module>
                <Module>
                    <Directory>Modern_flags</Directory>
                    <bLoad>1</bLoad>
                </Module>
[COLOR="Blue"]                <Module>
                    <Directory>Custom_Civilizations_MCP</Directory>
                    <bLoad>1</bLoad>
                </Module>
[/COLOR]            </Modules>
        </ConfigurationInfo>
    </ConfigurationInfos>
</Civ4ModularLoadControls>

Thanks for the quick reply.

Like you expect I got the installer (That dosn´t work). I found the Custom_Civilization_MCP folder. But not the Custom_Leaderhead_MCP folder.

Like you wrote I need that Custom_Leaderhead_MCP and the AND LH Pack. The AND LH Pack has a link on the first screen on this forum, but the link dosn´t seem to be working right now.
---- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ----

Is there somewhere I could get those folders I need?

A thought I had about the installer, is that it might work if I don´t have civ through steam. I usally don´t have civ through steam. But i was performing a test for an other modgroup so i reinstalled it on steam. And I am to lazy to install the non-steam version now :p

BR Loffas

If you're using the non steam version, you have to download the files for MCP from the link provided in the launcher menu. There are two files to download, one with MCP, the other with graphical files. They should both autoinstall, I think you only need to select AND folder. Once installed, you have to activate the mod from the launcher: make sure there's a green check sign next to MCP.
I don't know about the steam version, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom