More music

@ Sogroon, I have just started a second game after installing your sound mod and my game only plays the vanilla soundtrack not yours. the NEW folder is in the assets folder and the xml is in the assets/ xml folder.
for the game I have just started I put the NEW folder into the sounds folder also but still get only vanilla in game. The opening sounds are the only one that works. I don't know what I screwed up. I followed your instructions (I think?) they are quite simple and clear.
Any advice?

@ Sogroon, I have just started a second game after installing your sound mod and my game only plays the vanilla soundtrack not yours. the NEW folder is in the assets folder and the xml is in the assets/ xml folder.
for the game I have just started I put the NEW folder into the sounds folder also but still get only vanilla in game. The opening sounds are the only one that works. I don't know what I screwed up. I followed your instructions (I think?) they are quite simple and clear.
Any advice?

Hi! Sorry for the late answer. I had a loooong weakend :D

Untill your post I haven't realized, that I was using not the same files I have uploaded but an older one with less music. That one worked for me just fine. Yesterday night I chaged the xml files for the newer ones and it doesn't semm to load the extra music for me.
I don't know what I have messed up :confused:
I hope I can fix it for tomorow.

Hi Sogroon !

I plan to integrate an easy installation routine of addons in my launcher (More music and Civ Mega Pack). Do you allow me to do it for your addon ?

Thanks,

Hi Sogroon !

I plan to integrate an easy installation routine of addons in my launcher (More music and Civ Mega Pack). Do you allow me to do it for your addon ?

Thanks,

I would be most honored. Thank you :)

More Handicaps 1.1

Added 2 more difficulty levels: Beggar and Citizen.
They are easier than Settler and are meant to be used with Flexible Difficulty, either for an even easier start and/or for AIs falling really behind (if AI Flexible Difficulty is on).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cozcvxrsfau8466/Handicap%20v1.1.rar

Wow, I hope that these new handicaps will be coded so that the smaller size AI civs will default to them immediately or/and start the game with them so they can be competitive for a long period of time. Size makes a difference, such as when a civ spawns on a small land mass or near the ice. It seems to me that small civs seem to give up early and do not even try to progress but instead just start useless wars that drain their limited resources even further.

Also, does this have to be reinstalled after each new svn update? Or will it survive the svn overwrite?

I am having NO luck with your two mods!!!! I just had to use taskmaster to clear several hundred popup error boxes trying to start and. XML error!!!
I do not know what I can I do so wrong with a simple copy/paste overwrite ok.
I give up. You are producing just what I want for content but I cannot seem to enable it DAMN!

I am having NO luck with your two mods!!!! I just had to use taskmaster to clear several hundred popup error boxes trying to start and. XML error!!!
I do not know what I can I do so wrong with a simple copy/paste overwrite ok.
I give up. You are producing just what I want for content but I cannot seem to enable it DAMN!

That's strange :confused:
I am gonna look after it as soon as I have some time.

Wow, I hope that these new handicaps will be coded so that the smaller size AI civs will default to them immediately or/and start the game with them so they can be competitive for a long period of time. Size makes a difference, such as when a civ spawns on a small land mass or near the ice. It seems to me that small civs seem to give up early and do not even try to progress but instead just start useless wars that drain their limited resources even further.

Also, does this have to be reinstalled after each new svn update? Or will it survive the svn overwrite?

It's an independent submod, so you have to reinstall every time.

Do we seriously need difficulties easier than Settler? I haven't really moved off Noble in years of playing, but Settler is still ridiculously easy.

Do we seriously need difficulties easier than Settler? I haven't really moved off Noble in years of playing, but Settler is still ridiculously easy.

I think he means it for AI flexible difficulty. While nobody would play at settler, it could help civs falling behind.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13214524 said:
I think he means it for AI flexible difficulty. While nobody would play at settler, it could help civs falling behind.

Exactly! :)

...but to be honest I always start my game games on settler and use increseing difficulty anf flexible difficulty to push it up. I like to have an easy start :mischief:

So here is a new version with a few small changes/corrections (updated to display polish text).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxahv3218n73apy/Handicap%20v1.2.rar

Hi Sogroon !
I've began the integration of Civ Mega Pack and More Music addons.
To handle new version of the addon, i've added an ini file in the Assets/ folder (download here). This allow the launcher to read the version of the addon, and in the future, to check for update.
I've also renamed the folder "NEW" to "Addon_audio", but that's a cosmetic change !
The file used in the launcher is here: AND2_MUSIC_ADDON.7z. This is the same as yours but with theses small changes.

I've done the same with Handicap here: LINK

Hi Sogroon !
I've began the integration of Civ Mega Pack and More Music addons.
To handle new version of the addon, i've added an ini file in the Assets/ folder (download here). This allow the launcher to read the version of the addon, and in the future, to check for update.
I've also renamed the folder "NEW" to "Addon_audio", but that's a cosmetic change !
The file used in the launcher is here: AND2_MUSIC_ADDON.7z. This is the same as yours but with theses small changes.

I've done the same with Handicap here: LINK

Okay. Thank you :)
I was about to relese a new version with some more music soon.
I will do it according to your changes.
To what format should I compress the addon? 7z?
And should I name it AND2_MUSIC_ADDON?

BTW: Do (or anyone else) you use it? I would like to hear some feedback. Should I remove any of the music? Or add some specific ones?

I would LoooooooVE to use both of you guys mods but I ended up corrupting both BTS and RoM when I tried to use them.

I have not seen any other feedback from anyone on these threads about these mods so I believe that people who may try to install these and fail just uninstall and move on without comment. It is no fun having to spend hours uninstalling, updating and restoring the whole game. And yes I can agree that mistakes made are 99% user error but it doesn't matter whose fault it is, bad is bad.

I would LoooooooVE to use both of you guys mods but I ended up corrupting both BTS and RoM when I tried to use them.

I have not seen any other feedback from anyone on these threads about these mods so I believe that people who may try to install these and fail just uninstall and move on without comment. It is no fun having to spend hours uninstalling, updating and restoring the whole game. And yes I can agree that mistakes made are 99% user error but it doesn't matter whose fault it is, bad is bad.

I've tried using dbkblk installer some revision ago but it didn't cause me any trouble. It didn't screw up anything probably because the installer was pointing at My Documents Mods folder while my AND installation is under BTS folders. I haven't checked anyway since that only attempt. I like very much dbkblk's work but I haven't fully tested it as I'm working on other issues. If it works as expected (as I think it will), that will be an awesome addition to AND. :)

Okay. Thank you :)
I was about to relese a new version with some more music soon.
I will do it according to your changes.
To what format should I compress the addon? 7z?
And should I name it AND2_MUSIC_ADDON?

BTW: Do (or anyone else) you use it? I would like to hear some feedback. Should I remove any of the music? Or add some specific ones?

The name and the type of the archive is not really important. Just put this file in the assets directory and compress your mod with the Assets folder at the root (so the launcher can extract it directly into the mod folder !).

Is there problems appearing when the mod is updated with your addon ?

-added .ini file to support Dblbk's installer
Thanks but the file you included is "Addon_handicap.ini.txt" and not "Addon_handicap.ini"
You must have forgotten to show special extensions in Windows.

Thanks but the file you included is "Addon_handicap.ini.txt" and not "Addon_handicap.ini"
You must have forgotten to show special extensions in Windows.

Ooops...

Corrected :)
THX

Top Bottom