Duplicate Icons

Another building that we don't have a separate button for is Hotel. It currently uses the same button as Salon. I cropped down the Civ5 Hotel to make this one. Civ5 icons are pretty good, but they are round, not square, so only a few of them can survive being cut down (to the point where adding the frame covers the corners).

View attachment 403350

Looks really good!

Very nice :)

An other thing: Religious Buildings Special Buildingclasses on techtree.

Temples have a unique one.
Monasteries use Hindu monastery.
Pantheons use Parthenon.
Cathedrals use Notre Dame (or some other WW)

I would suggest to use for all four of them the one used by Temples. Maybe adding :religion: to the corner.

An other minor thing:

In civilopedia Expansive and Humanitarian traits use the the same :health: icon.
I think the icon in Final Frontier replacing :culture: could work better.

I looked into this, and it is defined at the DLL level. The <FontSymbols> that are used are defined in CyEnumsInterface.cpp. I can't change that. I do think it's a good idea, but I don't work with the DLL at all.

Here's another one I wanted to do. It's a button for the Mile High Travels Franchise (the corporate store for Mile High). I just superimposed the Mile High icon on the Flight tech button. I think using Flight as the base fits best.

View attachment 403518

I looked into this, and it is defined at the DLL level. The <FontSymbols> that are used are defined in CyEnumsInterface.cpp. I can't change that. I do think it's a good idea, but I don't work with the DLL at all.
Ohh, I didn't know that.
Here's another one I wanted to do. It's a button for the Mile High Travels Franchise (the corporate store for Mile High). I just superimposed the Mile High icon on the Flight tech button. I think using Flight as the base fits best.

View attachment 403518

Nice.

When I have time, I'll see what I can do.

SVN 1005 - Musket-men and Arquebusier both use the same icon for Rome or Julius Caesar in particular, of an Arquebusier.

Solution - change the icon to Muskets for Musket-men.

Spoiler :

They use the correct Roman giff file?? as the graphic, in the game, but icons are Arquebusiers.

I noticed that Political Philosophy and Social Contract use really similar icons (the rolled-up scroll taken from the BTS opening movie). What about using this for Political Philosophy instead? Several mods use it for Labor Unions, but we aren't using it for either the Labor Union tech or the Labor Union national wonder.
View attachment 404137

I can't remember if it's been brought up or not, but the two Stables and the National Courier System all use the same icon.

I can't remember if it's been brought up or not, but the two Stables and the National Courier System all use the same icon.

I know. I have a list. Right now, I'm really looking for the duplicate tech icons. Conglomerates, Environmental Economics, and Planetary Economics all have duplicate icons. I'm making my first atlas file (for tech icons) and it seems to have worked so far. I hope that organizing the buttons into atlases will make the mod load faster.

I noticed we weren't using the Nationhood civic icon anywhere. (Nationalist has a different icon.) I wonder if this would be better than the red flag I posted above. This is as a replacement icon for the Political Philosophy tech. PP and Social Contract use very similar icons, so I want to replace one of them.

I feel like if there is a real Civ icon that we aren't already using, we should be using it somewhere.

This is the Nationhood icon:
View attachment 404443

What do you think?

I put together what I want to use for the duplicated technologies. I'm trying to finish the atlas for these icons.

First of all, Conglomerates has the same icon as Networking (currently Communication Networks, but that's changing). I think we should use the current Megacorporations icon (left) for Conglomerates and then use a new icon (right) for Megacorps.
View attachment 405013View attachment 405015

I had to dig really hard to find replacements for Environmental Economics and Planetary Economics. I think these two techs were drawn straight from Alpha Centauri and the only Civ4 mod that uses these techs also uses the icons straight from SMAC. These are extremely stylized monochrome icons that only look good if all the technologies use them. Since we are not doing that, I think we need something more colorful. I found these two in the Sci-Fi buttons pack.

Environmental Economics:
View attachment 405014

Planetary Economics:
View attachment 405018

Finally, Hypersonic Flight and Skyroads are both using the Satellites icon. I looked through Mars Now and found some icons that I think could work.

Hypersonic Flight:
View attachment 405016

Skyroads:
View attachment 405017

Top Bottom