What map(s) is/are best in RoM:AND?

Kamilian

Deity
I've been debating a while and I usually run the Hemispheres map but even that one kind of leaves me wanting and I wind up diving into World Editor too often at the start to customize it more...
But I get tired of doing that...
I've tried the Custom_Continents, for instance, and thought the look was whack. For instance, on a 4-continent setup, it's literally 4 small, nearly-identical "continents" even on Low Sea Level. Not exciting at all.

So... when starting out, what map(s) are best, and why?
I want one that has a decent balance between land and ocean but yet will actually give several civs some nice room to expand, over-expand, break up during civil wars, etc. So not an overwhelming amount of ocean -- yet I don't want just straight-up Pangea or some weird layout that has almost ALL land.

I like to play Fractal map, rocky, high sea level, giant but deleting some civs at start to give barbs space to be created and developed. But of course this is only my personal preference ;), yet it worth a try.

Totestra does it for me, especially for larger maps.
I have to admit I've modified the resource (Bonus) distribution somewhat, mostly to have less resources in deserts and tundra/snow, and moved seafood to appear only on Coast.

Top Bottom