Unit limit per tile?

BUG menu (Ctrl+Alt+O), A New Dawn tab, right side, about 3/4 of the way down (see screenshot). It lets you set the max units/tile between 1 and 100. I think some people have reported problems if you set it too low.

View attachment 403475

So should I expect that a new dawn will have a lot more units running around in the game because of all the production bonuses and what not so you could have stacks with hundreds of units? some guy was talking about 1000 in one stack at one point, is this normal behavior?

So should I expect that a new dawn will have a lot more units running around in the game because of all the production bonuses and what not so you could have stacks with hundreds of units? some guy was talking about 1000 in one stack at one point, is this normal behavior?

This might be due to difficulty. I know the AI is given some big bonuses in the early game so it stays competitive into the endgame.

Some of the bigger production bonuses (Conscription, Republic) are about to be reined in, so that may have an effect. But I definitely know that production is on the high side right now.

So seeing stacks with 200+ units is normal? So I should prepare accordingly lol?

So seeing stacks with 200+ units is normal? So I should prepare accordingly lol?
Depends on a number of things. If you play with Multiple Production and on a relatively fast speed? Yeah. If you play with Raging Barbarians you can expect THEM to be doing that. Per tile, roughly.

I have my limit set to 80 personally. Much better than the horrible 1UPT but still allows for scary stacks without being unbearably overwhelming.

How big do you think the stacks will get in this game 100+? I'm playing with great commanders off, revolutions off, ruthless AI off, raging barbarians off, normal speed, standard map size, continents. Just trying to get an idea of how many military units I need to pump out. I'm playing on Emperor and I am a domination victory style player who loves to war monger so I'll be doing so anyway just need to know how much I should prepare.

How big do you think the stacks will get in this game 100+? I'm playing with great commanders off, revolutions off, ruthless AI off, raging barbarians off, normal speed, standard map size, continents. Just trying to get an idea of how many military units I need to pump out. I'm playing on Emperor and I am a domination victory style player who loves to war monger so I'll be doing so anyway just need to know how much I should prepare.

Not sure. I usually play on Epic/Large, since smaller maps tend to feel easier and I just don't like fast gamespeeds.

The best way to get an idea of how many military units you should be building would to just play a test game like you're doing now :p
Better to over-prepare though than to under-prepare. Take too many units, you have some left over for further conquest. Take too few, and you just wasted them.

...and keep an eye on the scoreboards military strength ratio too.

Do you even have to worry about that on small map sizes? :p
Standard and lower seem more suited for playing with humans than for playing with the AI. Whenever I want a quick and easy game I just sign up for Small or Standard, the AI just can't handle those sizes in my experience.

Top Bottom