Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye I know you just said that you were going to post an Alpha soon. I was wondering when do you think the finished product would be done? Give estimit in days please.

KOC

Sorry i return to DyP 2 PTW

I desinstalled all Civ 3 + 2 add-ons and reinstelled Civ 3 + PTW Only :blush:

Lachlan said:
Sorry i return to DyP 2 PTW

I desinstalled all Civ 3 + 2 add-ons and reinstelled Civ 3 + PTW Only :blush:

:eek: why?

KingOfCiv said:
Rhye I know you just said that you were going to post an Alpha soon. I was wondering when do you think the finished product would be done? Give estimit in days please.

KOC

I hope for the beginning of October. I usually respect deadlines, but there's a random factor: I'm still waiting for some units to be made by utahjazz7.

Rhye said:
Before that, I need some help with a couple of things:
1)the Egyptian UU.
I didn't make the final decision, because I'm not convinced with the Mamluk.
Mamluks were a dinasty, a Mamluk unit (camel) is quite stupid. They had their composite army, composed mostly by heavy knights.
Otherwise, there's an animation of a levy soldier, nothing more. I wouldn't know what's egyptian unique, except war chariots, slingers and elephants.

2)do you remember the lancer, that would cause the development of 2 chains and moving the knight-based UUs to the "light chain" (horseman-lancer)?
I've thought a variant: adding other 2 units to fill the lines, a heavy horseman (horses+iron) and a light knight (horses only). The heavy horse is the ancient cavalry, so the statue of Zeus can be reused for something else. I think this solution will require some more work, but it is much less complicated than the first proposed.
1) While having an historically prominant UU is always good, just giving them a slinger instead of an archer or instead of a warrior would be enough in this case.
2) I don't completely understand, could you please explain in more detail both possible schemes?

Rhye said:

Oh, because i would play Dyp 2 PTW since C3C conversion is bad :(

It's a few difficult because without the C3C Features :mischief:

Your mod ? It's good but your World Map is too slow in my gust :rolleyes:
I would like to taste the 134x130 C3C Rhye's Mod :crazyeye:
Because the loading time should be decreased again :D

Errr, Lachlan, you know that C3C comes with PTW also seperately from Conquests so you can run it through PTW without the features of Conquests?

the first proposal was dividing the lines:
horseman->lancer
knight->cavalry
and moving the ansar, the keshik, etc. to the 1st path to allow them to upgrade from the horseman.

instead what I've thought now is:
horseman->light knight (or a similar name)->lancer
heavy horseman (and using the Statue of Zeus for something else)->knight->cavarly.
There's some redundance, but no UUs need to be moved.

Rhye, I am creating an alternative version of your mod. Its basically the same rules, but the change is that the map is replaced with a 80 x 80 Europe/Mediterranian map, involving European/Mediterranian civs. The map is distorted, with Britain and Greece out of proportion with the rest of the map (Greece, with some Mediterranian islands, make the Mediterranian Sea smaller).
Here is an image of the British Isles from my map:

do you need an Europe+Mediterranean map?

I've got one! It's 84x120 and it is an upgrade of the Napoleonic conquest map

Attachments

• europe_medi.jpg
    europe_medi.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 232
The reason is that the statue was built with IVORY...But it was to represent the Indian Calavery of ancient times I believe. I believe also we should add horses to the requirement of the Temple of Zeus!

KOC

First of all, I imagine you have checked out Kinboat's egyptian pack with 10+ new models.. It rocks...

what's up with the "goody huts." I loaded up RoC nine times in a row as england, every game both huts spat out barbarians.

They just going to be barbarian huts now or what?

Edit: Oh and the AI england always seems so far behind on tech, and now that Im playing as them it seems nearly impossible to keep up with the techs, and I am playing very stratigically. With 70 percent research focused on science, map making still took 65 turns.
Someone castrate england?

laxpimpj said:
what's up with the "goody huts." I loaded up RoC nine times in a row as england, every game both huts spat out barbarians.

They just going to be barbarian huts now or what?

Edit: Oh and the AI england always seems so far behind on tech, and now that Im playing as them it seems nearly impossible to keep up with the techs, and I am playing very stratigically. With 70 percent research focused on science, map making still took 65 turns.
Someone castrate england?
I was seriously about to post the same thing.

Observe this game. Emperor level, which is, if I recall correctly, the level that the mod is best balanced for. Several civs, including my Scandinavians, are into the industrial age. Colonies are sprouting up on both Americas, and all over Africa. I'm almost to railroads.

Now where is England? They are still in Despotism, and don't yet have Construction.

Very strange!

England always seems to be a leader in the games I play; maybe its just some weirdness, ghost in the machine stuff.

On the other side of the world, Japan is really well balanced now. I am behind in techs (diff on emperor) but I have conquered china and korea and am moving forward from there. The really advanced AI has cav (Persia), most others dont, year is 16something. I have only limited contacts, not even all of Europe yet, but I am up to metallurgy and free artistry.

Only change I would suggest would be replacing the bonus tile on the grassland next to the Japanese capitol. Not having it seriously crippled my start there (basing this on a game as Japan from the 2.3something version).

Has ANYone ever played as Babylon or Israel (when was THAT added? hahaha)? If not, I just might start a game with one of them to see if it is indeed possible to even play as them haha

Camels and Elephants are nice adds; they really add some flavor!

None of the games I have played have had any major Euro's behind on tech; however, the Americans always seem to be screwed on that account (considering that they should have a massive tech advantage over natives in terms of weaponry)

How about starting them off with a scout in England or something? Only way I can think of to give them a more "European" feel and advantage.

I decided to use a new European map. It is a slight redrawing of mallan's 80 x 80 European map. This is what I have done so far. I willl probably change the map more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom