MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

@ Kingpin - The wav file for the swordsman's Fortify is named differently in Conquests compared to Complete. I would recommend having the file duplicated in your Art/Units/Swordsman file, one with the space and one without, so that both Conquests an Complete users are OK. :)

Not always, I have conquests (not complete), and I needed the patch, too!

And that's what bugs me... why would Firaxis move stuff around like that?

Hey there, great modpack. I can not locate the Vanilla / PTW versions for the life of me. All the links I come across appear to be dead. Do you happen to have those versions available?

Nix that, the Direct DL link worked the 4th time around.

Hey there, great modpack. I was able to get the Conquests version alright, but I can not locate the PTW version for the life of me. All the links I come across appear to be dead. Do you happen to have the PTW Version available?

Sorry, I wasn't involved with the PTW project at all and don't even have a copy of it.

I downloaded the file from the direct link . saved the file to the conquest /scenrios folder. unpacked it and when I go to the civ= content on my civ3complete menu nothing shows up. ps. its the one that 2k put out

It has to go in your Civilization III | Conquests | Scenarios folder. And it can't be in any other folders in that folder. In other words, the scenarios folder must contain the biq file as well as the folder.

Hello, I recently bought a new copy of conquests and have wanted to try out this mod. I never played mods for Civ 3 yet as I didn't even know about this community until 4 had came out. I have downloaded the .rar file but do not have very much experience with winrar or .rar files in general.

Whenever I try to run it it suggests winrar. I have downloaded winrar... I think. But it was for MSDOS (There was no windows option. There was DOS, Mac, or Linux, and another option that wasnt windows.) If anyone could help me get this installed properly, I would appreciate it.
Right now, the only thing I am sure I have is the BalancerReloaded.rar file. I installed something, but I will most likely end up removing it once I locate exactly where it is. So, for the time being, let's just pretend all I have is the .rar file. Where do I go from here?:blush:

Thanks.

Hello, i am new here and have been playing this great MOD until I got a load error. art\units\kensai\..\swordsman\swordsmanFortify.wav.

Can anyone please help? :eek:

About the last post. R u trying to use winrar for windows? I have got it and have had no problems so far.

Hello, i am new here and have been playing this great MOD until I got a load error. art\units\kensai\..\swordsman\swordsmanFortify.wav.

Can anyone please help? :eek:

Actually, this seems to be a common bug recently. Here is where the designer discusses the issue. You may check this out.

Kingpin said:
Yeah, this is the first time anyone has come up with that bug. The ini file has a space in it that it should not have.

The Kensai ini has this:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav

Notice the space before the .wav? Remove the space. It should look like this now:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify.wav

The error message omits the space. It's easy enough to fix yourself but it will also be fixed in the next patch.

To answer the questions about the Canadian UU... there are a few, just like every other Civ. Canada has the RCMP (Mounty) and the Avro Arrow to name a couple.

morlich07 said:
About the last post. R u trying to use winrar for windows? I have got it and have had no problems so far.

Not sure what I have. I haven't ever used .rar files before. I think I installed Winrare... but I don't know where it is exactly. Or how to access it. Although, when I installed it, there was no windows option to install it, MSDOS was it. And man it has been a while since I used that. :p I was a teenager last time. I am not sure how to get to winrar for DOS using XP. :(

WHy are u using DOS, just download it on your desktop, install it and then click on the winrare MOD and it will automatically boot up the winrare extractor. Click extract files and away u go?

Thanks for the answer to my error, hope u can get it working, it's a really good MOD :crazyeye:

I just looked at my error to see if it was what u described but everything seems to be in order, so i am a bit confused????:crazyeye:

Right now, the only thing I am sure I have is the BalancerReloaded.rar file. I installed something, but I will most likely end up removing it once I locate exactly where it is. So, for the time being, let's just pretend all I have is the .rar file. Where do I go from here?:blush:

Thanks.

Hey congrats man I was wondering when you were going to show up here. This guy is famous influential 'tell it like it is' Civ4 poster and Civ3 supporter! We should have rolled the red carpet! upon his entry :D ;)

Ok Ill cut the crap, Its good to see your type is all Im sayin. Heres a shot of what you need and where it needs to go..Proper route an everything. Any other probs an feel free to lay it down here or drop a pm

Cool, that helped out so I can try it out now. :goodjob: But mine looks odd.

Spoiler :

Additionally, I am using Civ3 Complete as it was the only way I could find a copy of Conquests. I am not sure why I have all these BIQ files in there. Any suggestions?

Also, I found a copy of Winrar for windows so I moved past my last step. Now, I just have to dig out that previous download I made.

.biq files are the scenario files ;) If you try to open them, and select Civ3ConquestsEdit, it'll show the correct icon ;)

@T.A.: Whoa! You had some kinda disk clean out or something? You only got 5 Scenarios/mods there! ;)

YA about those conquest duplicates you see in Kings file, , its time you guys do the same and destroy them! Lets face i,t all those 'Conquests' sceanrio file are doubles stored properly in :CivComplete/Conquests/Conquests.

THey have no place in your scenarions file. THat file is your trophy case for great gems you find on your jouneys here. :)

Mr King Sir with all due respect sir, Fom now on this Scenario file will be you trophy case. Take pride in what you store here.

Look at you Civ content file when you load up the game You'll see a ton of even more needless stuff, pure garbage !! all left over from Play the world!! Chuck it out here in the ptw file:

crappy scenarios and ugly maps!. WHat you see in my link is half the crap that you got on yours . Im havn't got around to deleting all the stuff AGain!, but I will now that Ive been reminded! You name it even a map of Firaxis logo ala fanboy kit made the cut! . THese are Worse then the Warlord scenarios man :sad: Its you job to seek out your own gems not take the crap they give you!!
Complete even paks a crappy version of Double yer pleasure and The Balancer with no graphics :eek: These files are a waste of space and worse, they clout up your "Civ Content" mantel place where only trophy peices should be cased from now on.

Any stuff you like from there keep obviosly but 99% you will chuck.
You really don't want a map thats shaped like a tiger Im bettin so heres how to get rid of all those files and start you off fresh with a nice clean mantel"Civcontent" to display your first trophy mod The Balancer .
GO to :Civcomplete/ PtW /scenarios. You will see the a silly cache that has the worst maps and few hapless mods you' ever come across. ALl this stuff shows up on you 'Content' menu ...delete them all!! andd you will have a clear CIv Content menu with only you favs the next time you look.

(you have disk so can always reinstall godforbid :sad:)

OK done with that thank god. now we can move on to next problem Filling the mantel with geat mods!. Thtas the fun part and up to your and you impecable research and quality taste!.

Before I lost my disc I had a great mod and scenario selection. Soon I will restore my collection to its former glory. New mods and scenarios are always forthcoming and patchs come out for trophys already on the shelf, so to keep their shrine I polish(patch) from time to time! :goodjob:
This is cool mybe King will have all the greats on his trophy shelf to someday but first he had to do some house cleaning :)

Yep it is now up and running, I have been checking it out trying to get through a full game of the mod at this point with Japan. :)

Thanks for the help guys. Additionally, I am not a big scenario fan so I have been removing some of the stuff in there from time to time. The mods for civ 3 work alot differently than they do for civ 4. :crazyeye:

Additionally, I am running across the SwordmanFortify.wav error as well. I checked into this:

Kingpin said:
The Kensai ini has this:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav

Notice the space before the .wav? Remove the space. It should look like this now:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify.wav

The error message omits the space. It's easy enough to fix yourself but it will also be fixed in the next patch.

But my ini file was already without the space as mentioned above same as morlich07 says.

YA about those conquest duplicates you see in Kings file, , its time you guys do the same and destroy them! Lets face i,t all those 'Conquests' sceanrio file are doubles stored properly in :CivComplete/Conquests/Conquests.

THey have no place in your scenarions file. THat file is your trophy case for great gems you find on your jouneys here. :)

Mr King Sir with all due respect sir, Fom now on this Scenario file will be you trop hy case. Take pride in what you store here.

Look at you Civ content file when you load up the game You'll see a ton of even more needless stuff, pure garbage !! all left over from Play the world!! Chuck it out here in the ptw file:

crappy scenarios and ugly maps!. WHat you see in my link is half the crap that you got on yours . Im havn't got around to deleting all the stuff AGain!, but I will now that Ive been reminded! You name it even a map of Firaxis logo ala fanboy kit made the cut! . THese are Worse then the Warlord scenarios man :sad: Its you job to seek out your own gems not take the crap they give you!!
Complete even paks a crappy version of Double yer pleasure and The Balancer with no graphics :eek: These files are a waste of space and worse, they clout up your "Civ Content" mantel place where only trophy peices should be cased from now on.

Any stuff you like from there keep obviosly but 99% you will chuck.
You really don't want a map thats shaped like a tiger Im bettin so heres how to get rid of all those files and start you off fresh with a nice clean mantel"Civcontent" to display your first trophy mod The Balancer .
GO to :Civcomplete/ PtW /scenarios. You will see the a silly cache that has the worst maps and few hapless mods you' ever come across. ALl this stuff shows up on you 'Content' menu ...delete them all!! andd you will have a clear CIv Content menu with only you favs the next time you look.

(you have disk so can always reinstall godforbid :sad:)

OK done with that thank god. now we can move on to next problem Filling the mantel with geat mods!. Thtas the fun part and up to your and you impecable research and quality taste!.

Before I lost my disc I had a great mod and scenario selection. Soon I will restore my collection to its former glory. New mods and scenarios are always forthcoming and patchs come out for trophys already on the shelf, so to keep their shrine I polish(patch) from time to time! :goodjob:
This is cool mybe King will have all the greats on his trophy shelf to someday but first he had to do some house cleaning :)

Thanks for all that help! Even though it wasn't meant for me, I'm a complete newbie in terms of Civ3 mods and how to deal with the folders responsible for them.

Yep it is now up and running, I have been checking it out trying to get through a full game of the mod at this point with Japan. :)

Thanks for the help guys. Additionally, I am not a big scenario fan so I have been removing some of the stuff in there from time to time. The mods for civ 3 work alot differently than they do for civ 4. :crazyeye:

Additionally, I am running across the SwordmanFortify.wav error as well. I checked into this:

But my ini file was already without the space as mentioned above same as morlich07 says.

Even though I intend to play with Japan, I still didn't get to that part but I've seen both the Kensai.INI and the original .wav file that comes with the Civilization III Complete Edition and the error may be on the file's name "SwordmanFortify .wav" is what I see which is different from the name on the .ini, so could it be that it's an error on that Complete Edition's filename? It's strange, since I also checked Swordsman.INI and it has the "SwordmanFortify.wav" entry.

I modified the wav and will see the results once I get those units.

EDIT: A hour after I started playing, the game crashed with the exact same error because it was trying to find "Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav", but I didn't use any Swordsman/Kensai on that moment, since I didn't have them, so there could be other units that try to use the same sound effect or the origin of the error is beyond my knowledge. Anyone knows what it could be?

Perhaps you could give us the entire error message. Those files are used in several places and it could be somewhere other then the Swordsman folder that is causing the error.

Top Bottom