MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

Patch 1.06 contains all the patches. It will do just fine for you.

I just uploaded to 1.06 and played along pretty well for a while until I tried to upgrade my scutatio to line infantry at which point the game crashed. There was a message about not being able to find some file with infantry in the name4. I'm sorry I didn't copy the whole error.

Any ideas?

I just uploaded to 1.06 and played along pretty well for a while until I tried to upgrade my scutatio to line infantry at which point the game crashed. There was a message about not being able to find some file with infantry in the name4. I'm sorry I didn't copy the whole error.

Any ideas?

You'd better give me the whole error message or I will really have no idea what to look for.

I'm trying to play the balancer reloaded on civ3 complete, however, there is no settler unit available. It's in the civilopedia, but nowhere to be found on the list of things I can build. Any ideas?

I'm trying to play the balancer reloaded on civ3 complete, however, there is no settler unit available. It's in the civilopedia, but nowhere to be found on the list of things I can build. Any ideas?

Dude Your not playing the version of Balancer that comes with Civ Complete I hope?

If so, theirs you problem. Otherwise I can't say for sure what you are experiencing but its very unique from the sounds of it. Usually Its the other way around, the pedia entry is left out then you CTD

The good news is you will be much happier with the level of finished details that come when you download the 'official supported' version :)

Sadly yes, I did download the full version and am playing that. Fiddled with it for awhile and couldn't get it to work.

Sadly yes, I did download the full version and am playing that. Fiddled with it for awhile and couldn't get it to work.

OH so you got the mod from this thread then? Well thats not sad thats good. HAvn't you noticed that all Civ entires are compete for its 1000 newly introduced units,buildings, wonders resouces and Gov's ? Take that in. Your not going see that level of completeness in many place.

ITs like bringing a new officially lisenced Xpak home from the store! No shabby pediamanship!, no amatuer signs are to be seen!....at least in the version I downloaded.

Hmmm.. Can you show us a 'screen shot' of your "city build queue" so we can all confirm that its missing the settler build option? Here is what it should look like:
Spoiler :

Oh, I snapped this while I was there. That pedi quality/knack for 'store bought finish' I was going on bout? You gotta see this yourself cuz all are like this in length and detail! Here is just the FRONT SIDE:
Spoiler :

Who would actually go to those lenghs to reflect a pedia layout that mimicks the original game we bought by filling in all those 100's of new units with discriptions of full lenght just like the original! Its amazing Look again.
Spoiler :

One tank of about 200 in the game all discribed in this glorious Front/back detailing

Pedia craftsmanship like other!
btw IM just killing time till Kingpin comes along and fixs this for you ;)

Couldn't get the downloaded version to work? Any error messages?

Is it the kensai swordsmen error? That happens alot with CivIII complete.

Though I haven't read the last 3 pages to see if there has been a new version of the balancer released to fix that bug... My experience is from the one down loaded close to a year ago. But this fixed it for me...

@ Ruler - do you use Civ 3 Complete? If so, then I'm pretty sure that this will fix the problem. Make sure that the sound files end up in a folder in Art/Units/Swordsman/.

Let me know if you get trouble.

I am having many problems with the mod
first when I try to change production the game can unexpectedly quit
Also I can't get much of anything done before the AI has built a unit with missing art for example the aymara skirmisher
Also in case you are wondering I am running Civ 3 Complete on a mac
Also I am using 1.08 and it didn't even come with nomad art:confused:
If you insinuate that macs stink i will become :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also I can't get much of anything done before the AI has built a unit with missing art for example the aymara skirmisher

Aranittara, I'm sorry you're having troubles with the mod. I won't make any suggestions that Macs stink. They are very stylish looking machines and I hear people in the computer field recommending them over PCs regularly for home users. My brother has one and he loves it.

That being said, we've never done any testing of this mod on a Mac and I really have no idea how it will respond to our modding. I can assure you that there is no art missing for the aymara skirmisher. That unit is one of the PTW units that comes along with Conquests. I'm currently playing a game in the late modern age without any art probs and if you have version 1.06 of Balancer Reloaded, you've got what I've got. To further complicate things, Civ 3 Complete users have occasionally had some difficulty getting things rolling due to Firaxis moving some folders around.

There is really only one thing I can suggest... Make sure you have this mod in your Civilization 3 / Conquests / Scenarios folder. That folder should contain the Balancer Reloaded.biq file and the Balancer Reloaded Folder (along with your other .biq files Firaxis included. Do not put it in a subfolder.)

If that still doesn't do anything for you, please post some of the error messages you're getting so I can see if we can work things out for you.

Welcome to CFC!

The problems you describe sound more like problems to do with the mod's installation rather than anything to do with it being on a Mac. I have played TBR on my Mac, although it's been a long time ago. We have a C3C Mac forum including a thread on solving installation problems - OSX does sometimes require slightly different mod installation than Windows. be patient on getting answers though - there's only a couple of us that regularly check it these days. AlanH, the moderator, is a Mac professional & comes up with effective & thorough answers.

[civ3mac]

I patched the game but i can't figure out how to make patched version work w/o cd (lost cd) was using no dvd crack can't find ub version also trying to torrent newest version of tbr not working very few peers no complete downloads

Also I do not have the aymara skirmisher unit on my hard drive

My mistake... the Aymara Skirmisher is part of TBX-R, not PTW.

It works for me. Both the direct download and the torrent are working.

I have µTorrent and I'm trying to download this modpack, but it says it's going to take about 4 weeks to do it....
What do I do?

Oh dear.
I've found out I also have to press stop and start again every time it's done 0.1% for it to continue downloading. Help please?:sad:

Top Bottom