Civ City Lists

Here's a list of Finnish cities. They are not in order of their size or importance, but chronological order of founding.

Turku (Finland's capital until 1809)
Ulvila
Porvoo
Viipuri
Rauma
Naantali
Tammisaari
Helsinki (Capital since 1809)
Pori
Oulu
Vaasa
Uusikaupunki
Kokkola
Uusikaarlepyy
Tornio
Sortavala
Hämeenlinna
Savonlinna
Lappeenranta
Raahe
Kristiinankaupunki
Kajaani
Hamina
Pietarsaari
Kuopio
Tampere
Kaskinen

Cites/towns are mostly modern, with some ancient sites there and there. The order is based on Polynesian expansion on Pacific, starting from Fiji, then Tonga, Samoa, Marquesas etc.

Suva
Lautoka
Savusavu
Salelonga
Tafua
Naku'alofa
Apia
Pago Pago
Sapapali
Salailua
Falealili
Pangai
Neiafu
Ha'amonga
Anapua
Hane
Ha'atuatua
Taiohae
Atuona
Hanaiapa
Hakahau
Hanavave
Papeete
Maeva
Vaiare
Rikitea
Mataura
Uturoa
Fare
Tiki
Tiputa
Avatoru
Kia Ora
Vaitape
Vaita'otia
Paeao
Avarua
Rakahanga
Pukapuka
Manihiki
Matá-Utu
Bairiki
Vaiaku
Alofi
Nukunono
Fenuafala
Atafu
Tamaki
Rotorua
Ngaruawahia
Manurewa
Manukau
Kaiapoi
Te Puke
Waitangi
Orongo
Vinapu
Anakena
Tuherahera
Opipine
Fakatopatere
Tiputa
Maragai
Tearavero
Paganie
Motutapu
Tupapati
Mahetica
Ikitake
Maiai
Tuheiava

Hawaii (also Polynesian, but there are different leadereheads, so why not)

Honolulu
Kaunakaikai
Hilo
Kahului
Lihue
Haleiwa
Lahaina
Lanai
Kailua-Kona
Naalehu
Pahala
Kaneohe
Waipahu
Opihikao
Honokaa
Kalaupapa
Makaha
Laie
Kailua
Waipio
Wahiawa
Kapalua
Wailua
Makawao
Kipahuiu
Kapaa
Keokea
Makena
Kaluakoi
Maunaloa
Wailea
Kihei
Kahului
Kaanapali
Hana
Poipu
Haena
Kaumalapau
Polihua
Hoolehua
Waikiki
Maalea
Paia
Huelo
Haiku
Moomomi
Kahoolawe
Molokini
Niihau

Great work...

This is a great idea...
you should ask the administrators to get your own database at the site or something like that.....

Keep up the good work...

this have saved a lots of time i would have used for searching trough maps.... thx :crazyeyes:

Thanks for all the praise :), I'll wait for a few more lists and then update the lists again. I think I may just bring them all together, what do you guys think?

Originally posted by Ana

Turku (Finland's capital until 1809)
. . .
Helsinki (Capital since 1809)

Actually, Turku remained the capital until 1812, when the status was given to Helsinki.

This is really a good job you have done here but its a little hard to find exactly what youre looking for without reading trough everything.. You should ask Thunderfall about having youre own database at civfanatics, that would be great!!!

Originally posted by Sir John
This is really a good job you have done here but its a little hard to find exactly what youre looking for without reading trough everything.. You should ask Thunderfall about having youre own database at civfanatics, that would be great!!!

Sorry, what exactly is a civfanatics database?

Just thought I'd mention that i had posted Ukraine some months ago, yet you have chosen someone else's version. That's ok, but there is a fundamental difference in our lists in that my list is based off the Ukrainian langauge. So Kiev vs Kyiv and Kharkov vs Kharkiv. For those looking for authenticity, the cities should really be off the Ukrainian. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Well, there is a Civfanatics database for regular downloads, wich is fully searchable...

You could ask Thunderfall to make a database like that and all city lists could be there and it would be searchable so you could just type in a city or a country etc. and you woulf find lists...

That would be great, with a searcable database for citylists, great leaders and so on....

These cities and leaders are in the original Maya (but not in glyphs, obviously!). It really bugs me when they use the modern names of the ruins....

Cities
B'ak
Lakam Ha
Xukpi
Siyan Kaan
Mutal
Ox Tun
Ek' Xukpi
Kaan
Chichen
Yax Ha
Ak'e
K'antumak
Ho Kab
Ichkantiho
Mayapan
Akul
Man
Pakab'
Nal
Po'
Tzuk
Wak Yab'nal
Yokib'
Kaan Kun
Waxak Tun

Great Leaders
Hasaw Kaan K'awil
K'inich Hanab' Pakal
18 Ub'ah K'awil
Yaxun B'alam
Yax K'uk' Mo'
Ah Uk
Butz' Kaan
K'uk'ul Kaan
Ix K'ab'al Xok

Some Swiss Cities

Bern
Zurich
Geneva
Basel
Lausanne
Winterthur
St. Gallen
Luzern
Fribourg
Zermatt
Interlaken
Mürren
Wengen
Grindelwald
Lauterbrunnen
Gimmelwald
Gruyeres
Bienne
Sion
Thun
Zwischenflüh
Lugano
Davos
Aarau
Locarno
Solothurn
Aadorf
Verbier
Andermatt
Bellinzona
Martigny
Poschiavo
Zermatt
Olten
Neuchatel
Ascona
Chur
Brig
Schaffhausen
Samen
Sierre
Baden
Schwyz

Main Leader- Wilhelm Tell

Great Leaders
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Henri Dufour
Johannes Calvin

Siam:
Cities:
Bangkok
Nahkon Ratchasima
Nakhon Sawan
Ubon Ratchathani
Khon Kaen
Chiang Mai
Hat Yai
Sara Buri
Phet Buri
Rayong
Hua Hin
Chumphon
Lampang
Nan
Nahkon Si Thammarat
Ban Na San
Phuket
Phatthalung
Trang
Songkhla
Khlung
Ratchaburi
Ban Sang
Ta Khli
Surin
Buriram
Tak
Kalasin
Roi Et
Phun Phin
Lop Buri

Leader:
King Mongkut

Great Leaders:
Ramathibodi
Trailok
Taksin
Chulalongkorn

Sinhala (ancient Sri Lanka):
Cities:
Anuradhapura
Polonnaruwa
Kotte
Sigiriya
Ruhuna
Maha Nuwara
Moratuwa
Kandy
Jaffna
Ratnapura
Kuruegala
Matale
Badulla
Batticaloa
Galle
Matara
Puttalam
Mannar
Trincomalee
Mullaittivu
Hettipola
Kegalla
Gampola
Nuwara Eliya
Balangoda
Pitigala
Ambalangoda
Baddegama
Weligama
Kegalla
Uhana
Kalmunai
Wariyapola
Karadiyanaru
Kannimaduwa
Horowupotana
Medawachchiya
Paraiyanalankulam
Chavakachcheri

Leader:
King Vijaya

Great Leaders:
Pandukabaya
Agrabodhi
Vijayabahu

City lists updated, all new lists include. Particular thanks to abbamouse for some of the latest lists. All contributuions are now acknowledged on the thread.

Please post new lists on the City Lists For New Civs thread and not on this one.

Thanks again everyone, we are slowly building up a comprehensive database :goodjob:

Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver - they're all Canadian cities, they don't belong in the Americans list. :confused:

"Knocksville" should also be "Knoxville"

China's list is messed up. :( "Chang'an" should be "Xian" but that's the only error I found. It is pretty obvious because "Chang'an" is an old spelling, I know that.

ARRGH! Bamspeedy mentioned that the extra space after the city name screws it completely up, but that space is after every city! The city names will all be screwed...

The only lists without the annoying extra space are China, Germany, Greece, Persia, Rome, all PTW civs, and a portion of India. I suspect that it was Calagus that did the first portion and Wernazuma III that did the second half.

Below is a zip of the city names, with the extra spaces deleted on all civs, the Canadian cities removed from the American city list, Knoxville spelled correctly, and "Chang'an" now "Xian". :)

Please post the updated version, because it fixes a crucial error - the extra space, which undermines the copying-and-pasting of city names. This is only for the first list of city names though - the original 16 civs and the 8 PTW civs.

Attachments

• calgauscitynames.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 271
Thanks hbdragon88, that'd have been tedious work :sleep:

I've updated the origianl and defaulf civ list to version 3 updated. Hbdragon88's work included, the Mongol list improved and Great Leader lists have been added to a few of the civs.

Originally posted by NewDestroyer
is thier a maximun #of civs in the game, cuz i went to add canada in a scenario and i think it took america out.

Yes, the maximum is 31. Therefore, one may add up to 7 civs on PTW and 15 onto the Original game.

Top Bottom