LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Eh. Since just about every mod whose NES that I'm in is in here, I'll just post in here. I'll be gone from late today until either late sunday or early monday.

@Thlayli: Curious, what exactly has been deemed "heritical" ?

From Tellium
To Norvalin, Exilsium, New Veritas and Verta.

Veritas’ legacy is too grand to be forgotten, a legacy that is as much a part of Tellium’s past as yours. Do not dismantle our common history, rather honor Pacian’s dream of a truly Valin League. We are ready to make the same commitment to all of you that Exilsium has made and hope that New Veritas, Exilsium, Norvalin, and Verta will reciprocate that commitment.

May light guide your faith

OOC: I'm writing Luculis' death right now.

Thlayli said:
We hope that the League as a whole will examine new philosophies and determine what is and is not heretical. We know the troubles that occur when the Church is fractured. If you can concede that point, we will have an agreement.

We do not concur with this. The way we worship the One is up to us to decide. Really though, we care for our Valin brethern and aid them if need be. We will honor points 2 and 3, even if we are not accepted into the League.

silver can you give me a name that is common for Shalamari people. As well as the city that your people will be in, do you want it to be a specific name?

He's gone. The Shalamari are still the Shalamari, the city... something crystalist.

Northern Strategy

“Do legends die, Falin?”

That question brought a great many things into perspective. Ten months had passed since the death of Blackbeard, and Falin had come to Unias, at the request of Senator Haratus.

At the moment of that question, they were inside the halls of the Senate building, pacing in the direction of Haratus’ apartments.

“Why do you ask such a question, my lord?” Falin said.

“Because the answer is yes.” Haratus was a Norvalin with dark skin, and more than a bit of Zibon blood. In the world of Old Veritas, he never would have been elected Senator. In Norvalin, people valued talent over prejudice.

“Forgive me, my lord, but I am still confused.”

But Haratus seemed to be on a different plane of existence entirely. “Veritas was a legend,” he said. “Eldrania was a legend. Now both are dead, and the second, doubtless you have never heard of. What is to prevent Norvalin from dying, as well?”

This, Falin had an answer to. “The strength of our people, of course.”

“I am one with little faith, Falin,” said Haratus. “Our people have come far, from humble origins. Our soldiers sailed to Emor, and stood side by side with the others of the Valin League, as the councils of Emor were executed for their treason. Norvalin spearheaded the effort that created the Charter of the League of Valins. But we are not impregnable. We can still fall.”

“Every man, woman, and child in Norvalin would die before our nation took its last breath,” said Falin, with confidence.

“You have the faith of a hero,” replied Haratus. “The faith of a hero from a myth.” Haratus stopped at a door, opened it, and beckoned Falin to come inside. They sat down on opposite ends of a table. Placed on that table was a board of Strategy, ready for the first turn to be played.

“Am I wrong to trust the people?” asked Falin.

“Not necessarily,” said Haratus. “But you must remember, not everyone is as dedicated or as capable as you. Or me, for that matter. I have called you to the capital because you are our greatest warrior, and you must train the next generation of Norvalin soldiers.”

“I accept that honor with great pleasure, sir,” said Falin.

“Good,” said Haratus. “Now, begin this game of Strategy with me. Take the first turn, as we continue to talk.”

Falin made the first move, carefully, as he only barely remembered how to play the game. The pieces looked ancient, as if they would become dust at a single touch. And yet, they did not.

His opening move was to form his spearmen into a more defensive position.

“Who leads Norvalin?” asked Haratus, advancing with his swordsmen, at Falin’s lines.

“The Senate, of course,” said Falin. He repositioned his archers behind his spearmen, leaving his swordsmen alone.

“Within the Senate, who leads?” Haratus attacked with the swordsmen, rolling hexus, six sided die. Two of Falin’s spearmen were killed.

“Lord Taquin is the Chosen of the Senate.” Falin rushed his horsemen to the front lines, unsure how the three swordsmen on Haratus’ side were making such a dent in his defenses.

“If we were a normal nation, the Senate and the Chosen would be enough to lead us,” said Haratus. “But who am I?” The hexus smiled upon his swordsmen once more, and three of Falin’s archers fell before they could do anything.

“You are a respected member of the Assemblium Popularium,” said Falin. “You are a senior member of the Senate.” His horsemen charged Haratus’ swordsmen, but the hexus failed Falin. As a part of their own attack, two horsemen died.

Falin’s forces were being decimated by three swordsmen. Haratus had moved no other of his pieces. Falin was reminded about how he had charged twenty Redcloaks, and, against the odds, been victorious.

“I am also a member of the Secret Ones,” said Haratus. “As Norvalin becomes greater, the Secret Ones prepare for a catastrophe, and wait. I am the organization’s leader.” His swordsmen killed more of Falin’s troops.

Falin had heard rumors of the group, and said as much.

“In other countries, having a backup, hidden leadership would be a revolution waiting to happen,” said Haratus. “Here, in Norvalin, the Secret Ones are the most loyal to Norvalin ideals. We were created in a secret part of the Norvalin Charter. We are the safeguard against a Third Fall.”

Falin and Haratus played another pair of turns, and then, Falin’s Lord was captured.

“How did you win so quickly?” asked Falin. “How did every roll of the hexus turn out in your favor?”

“I stand behind the scenes,” said Haratus. “Norvalin cannot fall again.”

“What?” asked Falin.

“I am the mind who directs your steel,” said Haratus. “I weighted the die.”

Cool story Imago.

So when is the deadline in the end?

Hmm? Must have missed it.

North King said:
Did not the Iggy Lord say Friday?

Verily..............

In Luculis’ own time pay-offs, kick-backs and outright bribery were not uncommon and as these practices became more widely accepted in private business they began to loose the stigma usually associated with them. By the time Luculis died and his hopeful successors began their bid for power such activities were practiced openly and without disfavor.

In the ensuing political struggle citizens showed their support for a candidate by making cash donations to their campaign by purchasing shares in their candidate. These votes were technically open to any one, but the high prices made it primarily a game for the wealthy. As a candidate’s popularity grew so did the price of his shares, causing some to sell off their political interest for profit. Mean while less popular candidates’ cheaper shares made support easier to find. These market forces providing election excitement up to the very moment the closing bell rang.

After the investing was complete, the candidate with the most shares would take the oath of office and pledge to support his investors by redeeming shares either with political positions in the government or occasionally by simply buying the shares back at an agreed price.

In this curious manner the Autorex, now called Chairman, was once again beholden to the people, in the form of The Committee.

[political bias]Might it have something to do with it being utterly unworkable?[/political bias] :p Btw, you are three posts away from having 6,666, which, I think, is a fairly evil post number in its own right. Only fitting that a penguin should have it. Will send orders later this day.

Lord_Iggy said:
Well, someone doesn't like the Assemblum Popularum system. :p

*raises hand*

Republics suck, especially this early in the game.

republics are stupid early game and i will destroy all of them. I think its been proven that they DON'T work. Veritas fell, shalamari with their religious republic.

Look at the UKKK (sounds like to the united KKK :p ) 2 nations that were at war with each other merged under a monarch. Horay supreme power.

Top Bottom