The Unit Library

congrats on a hard job well done! :)

One minor suggestion: To put my Bf 109Ö under the category "Fantasy" suggests either... something along the lines of Elves and other magic creatures or... something racy. :D

Therefore, I suggest to rename the category to "Fictional Units", if you want to differentiate between historical and quasi-historical (as my Bf 109Ö is).

Wow, what an undertaking. Very nice job, it's about time this was put together.

Thanks!

Great, Partizanac, thanks! It is really needed, and (personally) I really think it should be sticky. This will definitely ease my work and others' a lot.

Also I'm glad to be mentioned in post #16 with a salute smiley, it's even better than in post one. :D

One question though: are you close to the 30,000 character limit? Because I am afraid of one thing: what if someday in the future there will be too many units to stick them in that 15 posts? Though I think you should never need 150,000 characters, but tags take many characters after al... animals like "Bear" listed under fantasy? :)

Me too thinks it should be stickey...

Well in my listing of units I had to divide the posts and move the downward ones, one post down (about 4 times). So that won't be suprise...
And I still have that 16th post ;) (if you don't mind in the far future :lol:).
But I hope that before THAT happens CivFanatics Admin will provide longer posts... :D

I'd sticky it, personally, but I'll see what Turner and the others think. There's a general desire to avoid stickying too many things, as it lessens the impact.

A very comprehensive list - well done. Now you have to try to keep it up to date! By the way, Nazgul should be under the Tolkien section, and probably the Hobbits should too.

not all the artists are in the library. and the library organises into artists, not era's/genres. this should be used in conjunction with the library.

Thank you Quinzy... :D

@Plotinus Nazgul done!
But the hobbits will stay as they are, cause I don't recall seeing hobbit troops, but as for regular hobbits they are in the LOTR section. And beside that, the authors of those units said its for WH :)
and do check with the turner and co. Thanks ;)

The thread title has been changed, and I have unstickied the old libraries because this thread contains everything in them. The Unit Artists' Library thread remains because that's a rather different concept.

Thanks for making this thread: it's good to have a really comprehensive library for a change. One more idea: I'd create a "Wizards" section under "Fantasy" and put the various wizards and mages in there. I think my Oriental magic-users ought to come under Fantasy, at least, rather than Medieval Fictional.

Nice work Partizanac! :thumbsup:
I'm sure this will be an enormous help for creating new mods and scenarios. Now of course the challenge will be to keep this thing updated, so it doesn't meet the same demise of the previous library. :)

My only suggestion from my units would be to move the Gnoll Gunman unit from Fantasy/Animals to the Gnoll section. Not a big deal though.

Thanks for putting this together.

Oh of course @CamJH Gnoll he is! done!
Updating is an easy part... the hard one has ended really did! :(:D
CamJH I hope to see more of your units, I can't help it noticing you fell a sleep for a wille... :mischief:

Nice thread you have here :)

Looking through the list of Skaven and found some things that shouldnt be there:

Balrog - Should be in the Monsters or the Lord of the Rings category.
Black Pearl - Its a Ghost Ship, so should either go in with the Undead or a Ship category.
Eerie Ghost - Same as above, should be with the Undead.
Warmaster Horus - Is (AFAIK) a human Warhammer 40K unit, so should be with the Fantasy Humans or the Futuristic section

Once again, great work Partizanac :thumbsup:

Top Bottom