Roman Archer (Dec 01, 2007)

Looking good :)

A couple of things though:
1. The attackA-animation seems to be the combination of fortify and attackB -animations. So I'd suggest using it with either:
- Fortify.flc and attackB.flc in the ini-file (the attackB.flc should be in the AttackA= -line)
- Only the attackA.flc in the AttackA= -line.
Otherwise you'll get a double fortify animation.

2. There's no civ colour, which is a bugger.

3. The unit_32 -file looks a bit messy. I didn't check, but it seems that it doesn't have the correct unit_32-palette used.

Dont know if I'll use it for the Romans, but its awesome!
Any sugestions for other civs?

Oh no! There appears to be an alpha blend/pallette issue. Our Archer friend here is surrounded by grey in every single flc. :(

This one came out of the blue. Fantastic unit, Sandris!

My apologies. I had a trouble with palette file for Archer. Now it`s OK. You can download the fixed version.

I didn`t make civ-color version, because in my opinion red is the only colour for Romans. If you wish civ-color version to be made, I`ll make it too.

Very nice! :)

And a civ colored unit would be good as well. Because if I want to use it for a different non-Roman civ...

Nice! Roman units are always welcome! It would be great to see some late Roman units too, like Palatine legions, auxilia palatina or mattiobarbuli? Here's a link on mattiobarbuli: How to make a Late Roman plumbata

Attachments

• Palatina_info_copia.jpg
    Palatina_info_copia.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Auxilia_Palatina.jpg
    Auxilia_Palatina.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 85
This unit could probably be used in the new LotR mod that just came out.

That unit is hawt! Yeah!

A civ-coloured one would be good, though, because some people prefer dark-red for the Romans...and if the Spartans are red, what colour will the Romans be? ;)
Nice! Roman units are always welcome! It would be great to see some late Roman units too, like Palatine legions, auxilia palatina or mattiobarbuli? Here's a link on mattiobarbuli: How to make a Late Roman plumbata
I second that too!
This unit could probably be used in the new LotR mod that just came out.
This is probably the only Roman unit yet that I could imagine in Middle-Earth. I'm just not sure what civ I'd give it to. Harad? Numenor? Elves????? :(

you are so productive.

Top Bottom