Caveman 2 Cosmos

Sadly enough, I don't think it's a super computer only issue. :)

Just the way the engine runs. It bugs out a lot, or rather crashes like crazy, and then complains that your memory is not enough. :)

You could probably have a Terabyte of Memory and Civ 4 Beyond the Sword will still MAF. :crazyeye:

Anyhow, I'll give the watered down version a try.
Oh, and my old computer never complained about this mod. Let's hope my new one doesn't either...otherwise, the amount of civs has nothing to do with MAFs.

Also, there's no way I can realibly download from Atomic Gamer, so please make sure it's up on File Front.

You could probably have a Terabyte of Memory and Civ 4 Beyond the Sword will still MAF. :crazyeye:

True I have a terrabyte and I still get MAF's. It's down to your graphics card i think. The bigger the memory on it the less crashes you get but I might be wrong.

Anyway am I the only person who's getting issues with certain units not gaining exp? I've DL the watered down version and it's still the same. Some naval, cav and plane units don't gain exp in either version.

Plus the watered down version still has the same problem with the port building tree. It should go from harbour to port to commercial port but it actually goes harbour, getic river port, commercial port and that needs fixing. I don't think it'd be amazingly difficult to do if you know how, which I don't lol, but until it's sorted this mod is officially broken.

EDIT: and I think I've figured out the thing with the oil refinery. To build one you need a coastal base that's also a river base too. Don't know if it's intentionally like that but it doesn't say it anywhere that you need a river coastal base to build one.

Hi,

i got MAF message when loading save file all the times but after i removed those .FPK files which are in total over 1GB size, saved game can be loaded successfully. can you reduce size of .fpk files? i removed certain .pfk but it caused game crashed. any advice?

thanks.

Hi,

i got MAF message when loading save file all the times but after i removed those .FPK files which are in total over 1GB size, saved game can be loaded successfully. can you reduce size of .fpk files? i removed certain .pfk but it caused game crashed. any advice?

thanks.

Which version are you using, the 148 or 68 one?

True I have a terrabyte and I still get MAF's. It's down to your graphics card i think. The bigger the memory on it the less crashes you get but I might be wrong.

1 TB of RAM ? Maybe of HD space :)

Of course it would still MAF because at most it can use 2GB of it, no matter how much RAM you actually do have.

Hi,

thanks.

OK you cant remove any of the FPK files, they are necessary to run the game, you have to have at a minimum of 2 GB of memory and at a min of 3 GB system, and you will still get MAF's if you play more than around 9 civs, cause this is a HUGE civ game. Only thing you can do is when you get to the industrial era, is put your graphics on LOW instead of high, then you should be able to get to the Future era. But again its a very big mod, thats why i made one called Watered (watered down), but in the Modern times you might want to lower your graphics again (maybe medium this time) cause really more than 60 civs in a game really bog's down Civ4(esp when more than five units per civ), even when playing lower amounts of civs, at least on the 68 civ one you can play around 12-15 civs.:mischief:

The bigger one 148 is made for those that have a really fast SUPER puter. And want a challenge. The 68 one is for those more conservative PCs but still have more than 3 GB memory and a graphics card that has at a min of 512 MB of memory.

I am right now also making a mod of this type at will not have more than the standard civs , but will have add-ons that you can place in the modular files if you want a better looking civ to play, and just add what you want then next game take them out and add another civ you want to play etc. That way you can play on high all the way to the Future on High graphics at a minimum of 17 civs. But its still alot for Civ4 to use, cause modular and more python makes it harder in late game to continue without a MAF.:rolleyes:

btw, thx for asking.

The UI isn't there, help ?

Now that i have three mods listed here, you have to specify which one your talking about, also, make sure you read the FAQ's (posts 6 & 8) closely, and thx for trying my mods.

Now that i have three mods listed here, you have to specify which one your talking about, also, make sure you read the FAQ's (posts 6 & 8) closely, and thx for trying my mods.

i got civ4 complete and XP, and i'm trying to play the far war watered down one :confused::cry:

i got civ4 complete and XP, and i'm trying to play the far war watered down one :confused::cry:

Did you follow the instruction in post # 8?? It says something about an "You can see that the "complete" edition has no "InstallDir" registry key here."

Lol, the watered down version leads to Atomic Gamer and an impossibly huge 1 GB file. :)

I can't download from Atomic Gamer at all, so could you find a better, or other host?
Also, you said that was the watered down version, somehow I don't believe you.

It's a 1 Gig file even. That's not watered down at all.

Unless you're telling me you've added at least 1 gig of stuff to your mod since version .002?

Joking aside, please, get another link, because I cannot download from Atomic Gamer at all. It would be easier to download a gig from any other website on the entirety of the internet for me. And I can download up to 800KB a second.

Atomic freezes the download at random times, sometimes at 46%, sometimes at 80.

Lol, the watered down version leads to Atomic Gamer and an impossibly huge 1 GB file. :)

I can't download from Atomic Gamer at all, so could you find a better, or other host?
Also, you said that was the watered down version, somehow I don't believe you.

It's a 1 Gig file even. That's not watered down at all.

Unless you're telling me you've added at least 1 gig of stuff to your mod since version .002?

Joking aside, please, get another link, because I cannot download from Atomic Gamer at all. It would be easier to download a gig from any other website on the entirety of the internet for me. And I can download up to 800KB a second.

Atomic freezes the download at random times, sometimes at 46%, sometimes at 80.

AHAHAHA :lol: Yes if you want the full version its is two separate files that almost equal 2 GB. Around 143 civs.

The watered down one is just over 1.2 GB :p and sorry cause Atomic Gamer is the only site that i know of that is FREE, that can handle anything over 1 GB of space. Around 60 civs, sorry.:rolleyes:

I am making a newer one that will be alot less, but ALOT less units in the civs, almost like Civ Gold. For people like me that still have an AGP? card.

But i have made over 1000 changes in it, and have been testing it now for two months, trying to get some of the bugs out, but i cant get them all for some reason, but it still plays Great. All kinds of new stuff and ways to go. But again no SDK/dll stuff.:mischief:

You don't seem to understand. I can never download it again, because under no circumstances can I download from this Atomic Gamer website. :(

The download will freeze, at random times, and I will not wait hundred of days just to download a file.

I urge you to set up an additional download space. Even if I have to download several 800 meg files, it will be worth it in the end.

It looks though, like I do have a copy of V003. I'm not certain if that's true, or what. I'll keep you posted...if it's not, well, I'm a little confused now. :)

Top Bottom