How to Add/Use These New Units

I too have a problem instaling the units that i downloaded.i followed krytens text explicitly,but still am not getting the results i desired i downloaded the zombie unit, the t-800 and the starwars AT-AT. i get only the icons to show up in the city screen but then they become the old units after they leave.why?also maybe im doing something wrong. is there a better tutorial about adding units to C3C? i have already spent 3 days doing this over and over help! also is this tutorial for instaling units only for PTW or is it for C3C,-thanks -anti capitalist

To apply the anims:/I use PTW/
1.go to ...\CIV3PTW\CIV3PTW\Text dictionary
2.Open "PediaIcons.txt", then add to the "unit animations":
3.#ANIMNAME_PRTO_your_unit's_name, then hit ENTER;
4.wirte the animations's name (that name what is before the .flc and the unit order /attack;default etc./)
Have a good playing! [ptw]

Hi i have a question i have added a new unit to conquests and it works i have tested it in debug mode but when i establish my first city the game suddenly stops i have asked kraken he didnt know what was wrong either can someone please help me??

Howdy all..

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right dircection towards a free .pcx editor, or can work out what I am doing wrong. I was using an editor called irfanview, but when I added the units32 unit pics to the main units 32 file it blurred to the right. When I undo and save, the file is not blurred anymore, so it seems it has something to do with the individual unit picture. I was thinking that another editor may handle whatever problem it causes fine. Maybe I am doing something wrong though, because I haven't done a lot of modding before. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...
edz

Persia said:
Hi i have a question i have added a new unit to conquests and it works i have tested it in debug mode but when i establish my first city the game suddenly stops i have asked kraken he didnt know what was wrong either can someone please help me??

what does the game write in the error message?

I have added a number of units all of which seem to work properly, however all of a sudden I am getting an error with my unmoded infantry unit "cannot find file infantryDeath.wav" I have checked all my unit folders that hold the unit and all seems fine. Anybody come across this or have a suggestion?

@Siddhartha:
Are you sure the wav is in the art/units/"your unit" folder?
or if you want to use the Firaxis infantry's sounds without copying into the new unit's folder type this into the .INI file to the "death" section:
..\Infantry\infantryDeath.wav

man after reading all that im so confused i might have to go lay down,lol

i dont wanna ask much as im a noob in the online community but a long time civ fan,so for a guy like me havin a hard time understanding how to add a unit do u think sum1 could spare the time and just do 1 unit and the process of getting them in the game

Genocidal said:
man after reading all that im so confused i might have to go lay down,lol

i dont wanna ask much as im a noob in the online community but a long time civ fan,so for a guy like me havin a hard time understanding how to add a unit do u think sum1 could spare the time and just do 1 unit and the process of getting them in the game
What game and patch do you have? Vanilla civ3, PTW, or C3C

Is it possible to add civs to conquests? I had no problem adding them to PTW but when I go to add them to conquests I do the samething and it doesn't work. Everything seems in order but when I save then reopen the scenerio all the civ specific data has reset. Anyone know what the deal is?

Hey, fellas. I need help with one thing.

How do I use Paint Shop Pro 8 to add as many units as I want to my units_32.pcx file? Also, is there a FREE program I can do this with?

I need something simple so I can just copy and paste, essentially, but also have it work! Thank you.

Snootch said:
Hey, fellas. I need help with one thing.

How do I use Paint Shop Pro 8 to add as many units as I want to my units_32.pcx file? Also, is there a FREE program I can do this with?

I need something simple so I can just copy and paste, essentially, but also have it work! Thank you.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=75413

I apologise if this technique or subject has been posted before.
The technique to be spoken about is still "beta". Please note any problems or abnormalities.

1.Add additional unit (worker and/or settler) as any other unit before.

2. When you worker is added, give it to the Civilization of choise and of course remove the Civ from the original list of Civs for the default unit.

3. Your work is not done yet. I have tried this technique and found that you are unable to start with the assigned unit because general settings make you start with the original default units. Follow these steps:
Go to your default Worker or/and Settler and assign them the flag UPGRADE and upgrade them to the newly added units.
*special thanks to frenchman for next info* Now we talk about upgrading its skin to the industrial/modern settler or worker then you need to go into your PEDIAICON.txt and add under #ANIMNAME_ the PRTO_name of your new unit_ERA_Industrial or something (use original text for reference) and copy the folder name (modern worker/settler) under it.
You also can do the same under ERA specific icons (i am not sure if it is needed).

Once you go in game you should see the/or all civs assigned with the new worker and settler to show in its graphics.
they will or should change when the era comes.
the others remain their default workers and settlers.

for some reason if you make the upgrade path from the new unit to the old it does not work. You will end up seeing the "default" graphic even if your civ is not assigned that worker (you can still build the new-graphic worker).

This technique is designed to allow your starting settler and worker to be in the new graphical skin along with building them and upgrading into the modern era.​

Please test this and see if it works for you.

Maybe civ-specific workers and settlers will be on demand soon too (if not out or demanded already)- :mischief: :mischief: :mischief: -nothing the unit creators cant handle :lol: :D ;) .

How i can upgrade units, i brought to the game? Ive done all necesarry settings in the CIVEdit, but i am still not able to modernisize the new units. By the way: how can i manage how expensive the modernisation is? I am shure some of you guys know how to manage this..? :mischief: Thanks!

First of all, welcome to Civfanatics!!

You can only upgrade units when they're in a city with barracks and a road leading to any resources the new unit requires. I don't know how to cost out the upgrade, but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you. Hang on, is it 8 gold per shield required to build the unit? I'm not sure, as I said, someone will clarify this :) .

Question!!
How many units can be added? Is there any limits of total unit number?

Could someone please help out an adolescent pissed off beyond his mental cappacity?
I know this question must have been answered a million times by now, but I still don't get it. I've downloaded some 30 units off this site and only about 4 have worked. Is it the units or just me? Whenever I try to add a new one it usually comes up with an error message saying theres a missing entry in animnames or something. I pretty much understand what that is so im not looking for a tutorial on animnames, but it still dosent work. For example, I dowloaded Bebros Senegal Rifleman. I've added the Prto thing and the animname, but it still has an error. I checked them both many times and have found no problems in spelling or anything. Please help.

Ahh grass hopper you've answered your question already... you've stated that you've d/l ed 30+ units but only 4 work... Find the common thread. 1st: In a TEMP directory, compare unit 'A' (working one) with unit 'B' (broken unit) create missing files, really easy for *.txt files, a ***** for anime files. Double check that file names are correct ie spaces __ numbers and the like 2nd (important if you want to add icon in city build screen. 'What about those cool little City Screen icons for units? That's in the Conquests\Art\Units folder. It's called "Units_32". For our example, we don't need to do anything with it. It already has an icon for the unit we added. Simply make sure you select the appropriate icon for your unit in the editor.'
3rd: Make sure that the files are all going to the right place. I've done it several times where I've put parts into the PTW folder and parts in the CONQUEST folder... Bad MOUSE usage... Hope this helps.

Top Bottom