Want to be immortal?

superunknown

Fake Plastic Head
If you were given the chance to become immortal (like the Highlander), would you take it?

This means you cant be killed and you cant die of age (you will not age at all), and you'll be around until the end of days. Forever.

Or would you decline the offer and stick with your normal life?

As for myself I wouldn't hesitate one second to become immortal. No doubts whatsoever.
Just think about all that you could learn!
The backside is that I would lose the ones I love over and over again. But I would still take it.

So how about you? Yes or No? State why.

Definetely take it. Although I would want there to be at least one special thing I could actually die from and that I would be the only one that knew of it, like decapitation or by taking a certain pill.

I would give my right arm to be ambidexterous and I'm dying to be immortal.

ferenginar:lol:

No.

Because I would probably go crazy being alive forever and go on some crazy rampage killing thousands of people. And, if everyone else got the oppurtunity to be immortal, than Earth would overpopulate and everyone would die.

:crazyeye:

Originally posted by lord_byron_nz
Yes.

What would happen if I just fell of a 100 storey building though. Would I be so @#$%ed up that it wouldn't be worth living. help me out here, I've never seen Highlander.
In Highlander they die from wounds, but then they wake up totally healed. So I guess that goes for falling off a building also.

I think you might get pretty bored after the first dosen or so millenia so I would like to have a way to die at some point, and what are you going to do when/if humanity no longer exists and you end up stuck on some lifeless planet with no ofter life in the universe for all eternity. Sounds like hell top me. It would be damn fun for the first few centuries though untill you got used to it.

Did anyone else think Highlander 2 way just stupid and unneccisay; totaly contradicting the first film?

Originally posted by Greeny

Did anyone else think Highlander 2 way just stupid and unneccisay; totaly contradicting the first film?
Everyone thinks that. Most Highlander fans just ignore the second film.

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd
settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be
pretty nice.
^
^ -- CEO Nwabudike Morgan,
^ MorganLink 3DVision Interview

I am going to live for ever... or die trying :D. I would want to live for a long time but forever might be a little overkill.

Originally posted by MrPresident
As Woody Allen once said, "Eternity is a long time, especially towards the end."

Of course he also said "I don't want to be immortal through my work I want to be immortal through not dying":)

It would depend on how the immortality would work.

I remember reading a series of fictional paperbacks from the 70s a neighbor had loaned me that told the 'story' of the soldier who had stuck Christ with a spear while he was on the cross, and had been blessed/cursed with immortal life as a result of his actions. It picked up with him being in Vietnam, still a soldier, and went through his trials and tribulations through the ages. Pretty gruesome stuff in parts, where he was burned 'alive' and buried, and over a long period of time his body healed, and he managed to dig his way out. Suffering for a hundred years...hmm, I think I'd pass on that.

If it's the "you don't feel it and heal fast" kind of immortal, that'd be much better.

yes i would take the change, but it should be imposible to cut me in 300 pierces and that kind a stuff.

no i would never like to be immortal seeing all your freidns and family and your childrean and your grandchildren would be too much........

YES, YES

All atheists out there?

Aren't you christian? I guess they take it for granted. As do the moslems, the hindus and some of the buddhists.

Top Bottom