Won Cultural Victory with 0 strategic resources, 236turns in 1932 AD

alexanderswang

Chieftain
FYI, I'm totally a new comer here, only played Civ V for 50 hours. :p

Here is my latest Cultural Victory, screenshot link

0 Strategic resources(all 5 kinds available except Uranium)
236 turns
1932 AD

Game settings: Mongolia, Settler, Earth, Standard, No Barbarian, One Civilization, Zero City-States, Abundant resource(but I found ZERO:sad:)

I know the settings are very easy for playing, however, is it still some short going through 236 turns to a Cultural Victory?:crazyeye:

So you are mongolia and you didn't make use of horses thats not verry good?

Why should go cutlure with that civilization beat people up with keshiks

A couple of things I noticed in your screenshot which might improve your finish time for for a Cultural VC. I see a Great Merchant Unit and I do not see any of the Landmark great tile improvement which are built by Great Artists. If you really want to crank out extra culture, the Landmarks and the Freedom policy tree finisher (which will double the :c5culture produced by Landmarks) are golden.

Mesix, great merchant or great artist?

ETA: I see it's a great merchant. You need an artist for landmarks.

Mesix, great merchant or great artist?

ETA: I see it's a great merchant. You need an artist for landmarks.

That is exactly what I said...I see a Great Merchant. I realize that he can't build a Landmark. That is my point...better management of great people might help to improve his finish date.

I think Standard is the size; it would be Quick speed.

Abundant resources shouldn't make a difference on Earth maps, because they are all custom built.

I think Standard is the size; it would be Quick speed.

Abundant resources shouldn't make a difference on Earth maps, because they are all custom built.

No I think it generates it from an algorithm, because I was playing as Gandhi earth and wanted to get the perfect start. I kept restarting and noticed small changes each time.

also found that the bigger the map is, the less time you need to win a Cultural Victory, ruins help a lot :)

my last Cultural Victory was achieved before 1900AD, around 200 turns

Just had a tough cultural win about an hour ago. Won a One City Challenge Immortal cultural victory at 1910. Was a tough game, Pangea. I started next to Montezuma but that was actually a blessing for once. China kept trying to expand near me too, but Montezuma was at war with China more than he was at war with me even. I bribed the Germans to attack the Persians (who almost beat me with a tech victory, only needing one more spaceship part) and the Aztecs throughout the game.

The Arabs settled a city late behind my city and then proceeded to send in artillery and waves of infranty near the end that I managed to hold off. The Military City State's units were much appreciated throughout the game.

I had 2 city states nearby that werent exactly buffers, but had enough troops that they actually went and attacked China/The Aztecs occasionaly causing the AI to retreat troops and attack the city states.

I grabbed a few key early wonders. I grabbed Stonehedge, the Hanging Gardens, the Porcelain Tower, and the Hagia Sophia early. I pumped out Great Scientists and Great Artists for landmarks and their academies. I tried to balance paying City States with Research Agreements. I sold Open Borders to potential enemies just for cash. I only had 3 luxuries in my borders, 2 incense and 1 Marble, but I still sold them when I could. It was a tough, but great game.

Top Bottom