A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion about calculating power rating:

Why computer doesn't take into account promotions/exp amount when sorting out relative army strengths?

Army of 5 units with 100-120 exp each isn't equal to army freshly out of barracks - it will shred it in pieces. I'm currently playing Korea, have relatively small (numbers wise) army but they all have lots of promotions and tear apart any army coming close to my cities, yet i have 0.1-0.3 power rating to npcs and they keep wardeccing me :(

Also, diplomacy wise - after i kill 5-8 units of enemy he's "willing to negotiate" but when asked what is the price for peace keeps refusing me (i don't have any techs or gold to offer in trade), and it doesn't matter that i already killed like 50 of their units ... Something needs to be fixed here i think.

unless you get wrecked by war-:mad: I don't see a problem here, free xp for your units :cool:

Erm....why is there now a second Great Library of Alexandria?

I didn't see it in my last game, and since then we have a new beta out which I'm now playing...

I could rephrase: 'There's still two Alexandrian libraries zomg'

Suggestion about calculating power rating:

Why computer doesn't take into account promotions/exp amount when sorting out relative army strengths?

Army of 5 units with 100-120 exp each isn't equal to army freshly out of barracks - it will shred it in pieces. I'm currently playing Korea, have relatively small (numbers wise) army but they all have lots of promotions and tear apart any army coming close to my cities, yet i have 0.1-0.3 power rating to npcs and they keep wardeccing me :(

Also, diplomacy wise - after i kill 5-8 units of enemy he's "willing to negotiate" but when asked what is the price for peace keeps refusing me (i don't have any techs or gold to offer in trade), and it doesn't matter that i already killed like 50 of their units ... Something needs to be fixed here i think.

Try: No one at Firaxis thought about it. There simply is no iPower/iAsset tags for the AI for promotions. I'll add that though, and see what happens.

unless you get wrecked by war-:mad: I don't see a problem here, free xp for your units :cool:

Yes but I agree with Talin. Power rating must take into account promotions so the AI can make an informed decision to avoid declaring stupid wars that in the end weaken the AI. We are searching for ways to make the AI stronger, not weaker. This is at the top of my list if it can be changed.

It looked like there's some problem with japanese cottage and hamlet(don't know bout town) graphic.(Sorry can't give screenshoot, bad connection till monday prevent me)

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to remove it, despite Dancing Hoskulds protests.

It looked like there's some problem with japanese cottage and hamlet(don't know bout town) graphic.(Sorry can't give screenshoot, bad connection till monday prevent me)
That sounds like a general RoM problem, so post in Zap's thread. ;)

Yes, obviously. But it's still the same wonder in the game twice. For sure I'll take advantage of it for now, but it's silly and redundant.

Why can't Archery unit Bombard has standar?
is there a way to do so, without Changing the RevDCM ?

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to remove it, despite Dancing Hoskulds protests.

Actually after playing a number of games I think a some of Orion Veteran's wonders and national wonders do not fit in RoM/AND. I did not convert all of them;).

Btw I prefer "The Library of Alexandria" to "The Great Library" and think that "The Great Library" should go.

The National Slave Auction national wonder does not fit because while slavery has existed for most of human history in RoM and especially AND it is only a very minor thing and does not last long because there are better civic options.

Hmm.

Probably something I have done, but I can't seem to figure it out. Now I discovered Military Training and got the Warlord Chief unit. THough the Warlord Chief (S) does not appear in the city screen production menu, not even greyed out. I have have read somewhere about disabling the warlord feature, but I haven't done this, as far as I can tell. Have they been removed altogether, or is something else the matter.

On the same note. When I discovered Archery, Archers were'nt available at once. After I produced another unit it was however. Could this be the same problem?

Actually after playing a number of games I think a some of Orion Veteran's wonders and national wonders do not fit in RoM/AND. I did not convert all of them;).

Btw I prefer "The Library of Alexandria" to "The Great Library" and think that "The Great Library" should go.

The National Slave Auction national wonder does not fit because while slavery has existed for most of human history in RoM and especially AND it is only a very minor thing and does not last long because there are better civic options.

I agree about the LoA should stay.

But if the "CaptureSlaves" are in, wont that matter?

Hmm.

Probably something I have done, but I can't seem to figure it out. Now I discovered Military Training and got the Warlord Chief unit. THough the Warlord Chief (S) does not appear in the city screen production menu, not even greyed out. I have have read somewhere about disabling the warlord feature, but I haven't done this, as far as I can tell. Have they been removed altogether, or is something else the matter.

On the same note. When I discovered Archery, Archers were'nt available at once. After I produced another unit it was however. Could this be the same problem?

It been nearly universal consensus that LoA should be removed. You can always make your own personal tweaks if you disagree. ;)

Slavery is the best Economic civic until Free Market, IMHO.

Hmm.

Wrong forum, AND has nothing to do with Warlord units and doesn't modify them. Post in the main RoM forum.

Wrong forum, AND has nothing to do with Warlord units and doesn't modify them. Post in the main RoM forum.

Hmm. Well, the following has been copied from the following web site (http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-mankind-a-new-dawn/downloads/rise-of-mankind-a-new-dawn-v161):

• No Warlords:
    • Removes Warlord units from the game

Does'nt that mean that warlods are removed?

And also, the other bug. Though only slightly annoying, I never experienced it on vanilla RoM. It appears to be as setting, however, and I see it's not version 1.7. However, I havent found any setting for it, and I thought the changes from 1-6 to 1.7 was mainly to accomodate the new RoM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom