A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm still trying to figure out the Encyclopedia bug. There are 3 people now who claim to have it. One of which fixed it with a clean re-install.

Everyone with the bug, could you get a fresh copy of RoM 2.81 and install AND 1.52 on it and see what happens? Is the bug still there?

I have no errors on my end.

Also, to everyone else, could you check and see if the Encyclopedia is messed up for you as well?

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out the Encyclopedia bug. There are 3 people now who claim to have it. One of which fixed it with a clean re-install.

Everyone with the bug, could you get a fresh copy of RoM 2.81 and install AND 1.52 on it and see what happens? Is the bug still there?

I have no errors on my end.

Also, to everyone else, could you check and see if the Encyclopedia is messed up for you as well?
I'll let you know when I get up to that point in my present game. I always do a clean install when installing new versions of modmods to prevent this sort of thing as well as clearing out my cache folder and log folder.

I just tried starting a new game at the modern era, and I can begin work on the encyclopedia straight away, no problems at all.

RoM 2.81, AND 1.52 (default install)

Gave myself in 6000BC all techs up to and including renaissance, build 5 cities with Pioneers on duel map and snail. Couldn't build Encyclopedia because of mentioned prerequisites. Prerequisites also show up in Sevo(?)Pedia entry.

Clean Install RoM 2.81 w/Standard A.N.D. 1.51 install with 1.52 Fixed Borders patch.

Actually yep, after looking at the Sevopedia, I too have a ridiculous set of requirements. I'm still in the ancient era but thats what the 'pedia entry says. I'm not too concerned with building it at the moment anyway so I'll just finish my game until then. I'll look over some files and see what's causing it. Those with the issue, can you say if you had it with any of the betas?

Just reinstalled Rom2.81 and AND1.50 and patched it up to 1.52 and still have lots of trouble. Limited religions is still messed up. The human player cannot found religions with limited religions turned on. And TXT.KEY erros in the advanced odds section. The same thing with the lat/lon cordinates on the map.

Just reinstalled Rom2.81 and AND1.50 and patched it up to 1.52 and still have lots of trouble. Limited religions is still messed up. The human player cannot found religions with limited religions turned on. And TXT.KEY erros in the advanced odds section. The same thing with the lat/lon cordinates on the map.

These errors are because you are using RoM 2.80, not 2.81. Patch it and they will go away.

I was supposed to have 2.81 installed this time. It didnt ask me to over right anything though so i could be installing it wrong somehow.

YAYA I'm not the only deranged lunatic who reports this error

Okay, I figured out the problem with the projects. Apparently, they don't work modularly, because when I moved the projects that ANM added into the base RoM projectinfos.xml, the errors disappeared.

I'll be releasing a patch for everyone who installed ANM shortly.

Okay, I figured out the problem with the projects. Apparently, they don't work modularly, because when I moved the projects that ANM added into the base RoM projectinfos.xml, the errors disappeared.

I'll be releasing a patch for everyone who installed ANM shortly.

:goodjob:

Please is there someway to speed up the city screen and the pedia? the time to load it is bigger then my turn speed

@afforess

After installing the last 3 iterations of AND I get a Java Installer popping up wanting to install Java. The 1st time I let it (after 1.51b5), but then it did it again after 1.51. So when it popped up after 1.52 I stopped it. Whats up with that?

And Kaspersky still doesn't like your installer. I just tell it to allow.

JosEPh

@afforess

After installing the last 3 iterations of AND I get a Java Installer popping up wanting to install Java. The 1st time I let it (after 1.51b5), but then it did it again after 1.51. So when it popped up after 1.52 I stopped it. Whats up with that?

And Kaspersky still doesn't like your installer. I just tell it to allow.

JosEPh

You need java, otherwise you won't get all the audio changes.

My installer is trying to run the WoC_Installer.jar which merges modular audio, but it's a java file, so you need Java installed. Most people already have it installed, why you don't is beyond me...

I just reinstalled everthing AGAIN. ROM2.81 and AND1.50 and 1.52 and STILL have the TXT.KEY errors. I havent checked on the religion error yet.

I just reinstalled everthing AGAIN. ROM2.81 and AND1.50 and 1.52 and STILL have the TXT.KEY errors. I havent checked on the religion error yet.

No you didn't. ;)

Try putting the Rise of Mankind folder on the desktop, and apply the patch from there. If you're using Vista or Win7, and haven't turned off UAC, they won't let you edit things in Program Files. Then, once you've applied the patch, move it back into the MODS folder and run it all again.

I know for a fact that these errors are caused by text entries that are included in the Rise of Mankind 2.81 patch, so if you have the TXT_Key errors, you didn't properly install the patch.

Irritating, I know.

You need java, otherwise you won't get all the audio changes.

My installer is trying to run the WoC_Installer.jar which merges modular audio, but it's a java file, so you need Java installed. Most people already have it installed, why you don't is beyond me...

I had and still have the current version of Java on my computer. It was already there, long before your ModMod.

So are you suggesting that each time I install your ModMod that you have a newer version of Java?

I have a 64 bit OS not a 32.

You AND works fine, I was just curious why I needed to have Java reinstalled 3 times is all.

JosEPh

I had and still have the current version of Java on my computer. It was already there, long before your ModMod.

So are you suggesting that each time I install your ModMod that you have a newer version of Java?

I have a 64 bit OS not a 32.

You AND works fine, I was just curious why I needed to have Java reinstalled 3 times is all.

JosEPh

Try running the WoC_installer.jar manually; it's in the modules folder. Does it work?

I use 64bit Win7 myself, that is not an issue/

I'm thinking zappara messed up his text files with 2.81 because this time limited religion worked right. I was able to found hinduism. And I know for certain my UAC is turned off. I can try putting it on dektop and see what happens though.

Installing to desktop did NOT remove the text errors. Glad to see that i've got the limited religion option working though.

It starts the Java Installer. jre16.0_13-s.msi (this version is a June 09 version). It also brought up an Error msg that the download failed even as the Java installer was working and continued to work till the installation was complete. Then a window opens for a windows installer that talks about SDK.

I hope this doesn't Bork the game I have going in AND1.52. Not saying it will, as it hasn't so far. Just getting tired of the Java Installer wanting to run after every AND version that comes out.

Nit picking I suppose.

JosEPh :)

I have the same messed up pre-reqs. I actually thought it was intentional because I remember a poll about the encyclopedia being overpowered, and thought this was your way of having fun with the project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom