Building in the City?

AlexTheTall

Chieftain
Is it me or it's much more slower than in CIV IV, or maybe I am not doing something right? I am actually playing at marathon, but, building a granary takes me like over 45 turns... Is it normal in V?

Even on Standard game speed, the amount of production required to build just about anything is much higher than Civ IV, and everything about production is a lot more sluggish in Civ V.

Are you making sure you are working "hammer" tiles?

It's a different game - it's intentionally not supposed to be a copy paste of all the 'statistics' from Civ4 units/buildings/etc. Numbers are all relative - while it may seem longer in Civ 4 terms - it's still 'balanced' for how Civ 5 plays

Allocate your citizen to focus on production, buy up production rich tiles, improve those tiles with your workers.

It's a different game - it's intentionally not supposed to be a copy paste of all the 'statistics' from Civ4 units/buildings/etc. Numbers are all relative - while it may seem longer in Civ 4 terms - it's still 'balanced' for how Civ 5 plays

I know it's a different game, I was just wondering if I was doing things right or not! I guess than it's just the new way for it and it's all fine :)!

Yea I'm playing my first game on normal speed & it seems like the building times are up a little. Even with a city with nice production it seems to take around 15 turns or so to build anything. It would probably be around 8-10 turns in Civ 4.

Tile yields are much more difficult to get to Civ4 levels. I think they want to prod you to use the gold for buildings/units.

Top Bottom