Best strategy vs. Germans?

Civddict

Prince
Other than manually assign Civs on startup, and not include them?

Whenever I get weaker than them, they will attack. Ruthless, militaristic and scientific.

Kill them early.

Try to make MPPs so that when they attack, they die.

Personally, the only times I've had troubles with the Germans are those when I've been playing the ol' blighters myself. For some reason I can't seem to do well with Germany or Japan. Must've read to many WWII books ...

I have no luck with Japan myself either. They are so slow builders. I finish with no important Wonders built.

German is ruthless, no doubt. However, you can use them to your benefit. For example, in my game, I always trade with the German. Sometimes, I even give tech and resource to the German to help them build up their armies. As long there are a weaker civ than me, Germany will go to war with that civ first. Of course, that little civ will get other AIs to join force against Germany. So basically, the whole world eventually united against Germany.:) They are all so busy fighting against each other and they forget that my civ even exist.:D The funny part is that I'm the one who supply tech and resource to keep Germany alive (but AIs are too stupid to notice that).:)

Btw, Germany will eventually loose the war. Matter how strong they are, they can't possibly win when the whole world (except me) are against them.;)

I get more satisfaction out of reducing Otto to a city or two, then sometime late in the game give him the tech of Motorized Transport. He still hasn't quite seemed to learn that he's dependent upon my good graces to ever see a German Golden Age, and often remains furious with me, but I think it's just because he's not in touch with his inner child.

My solution is just to BE the germans and since I use culturally linked startups I never see the Japanese either. Being the Germans I usually have problems with Russia, they're always wanting to start a war with me, I just wait till I'm strong enough (panzers right around the corner) thenI reduce them to rubble.
Adios Cathrine the Great!

moonsinger, you must be playing different game :) I was strongest nation, military and by points and they still did attack me. English were way weaker, but they didn't attack them yet. probably good diplomacy.

Against the Germans, I usually get some allies to fight them. Of course, I do that against anyone who declares war on me early in the game. Works like a charm, seldom do I have to kill any Germans.

The Germans are stubborn. Even when they are clearly beaten, they will continue to fight. In one game they attacked me early for no reason. I got the Egyptians, French, and Zulus to fight them. Many turns later, I felt so bad about the Germans plight that I offered them some resources. But they didn't want to pay my price. Too bad.

Originally posted by Civddict
moonsinger, you must be playing different game :) I was strongest nation, military and by points and they still did attack me. English were way weaker, but they didn't attack them yet. probably good diplomacy.

I was playing French; historically, Germany should attack French, but he never did. I guess I must have done something right with diplomacy.:)

To defeat any European imperialist:
Convince them to attack the Russians. Works evey time.

Now that I've thought about it (I do that sometimes), the kill them early strategy is good against all civs. If it works.

Playing the germans right now in a monarch game.. I only built 1 city. I have captured every other city i control and razed atleast 5 so far. Btw i control 9 cities atm.

As with any AI all you have to do is mass troops and you can take any city from them, as usually the AI will only throw solo units at your cities so you can keep them lightly defended.

Pretty simple really, seperate the Germans from their hard earned resources. They want to make billions of units and declare on everyone they see? Fine, let them attack with waves and waves of longbowmen in the modern ages. Makes the job of mopping them up just a little easier...;)

jsut cut them off from iron early and make a big(30-40) swordsmen assault on their pathetic and juvenile civilization.

Top Bottom