I don't see much difference between Facism & Communism

akillias

Prince
But i think Communism is better for a warmonger because the corruption is shared between each states.

Facism has a 200% worker efficency, as opposed to 100% for all others save Democracy, which is 150%.

Plus, the unit support for Facism is a lot higher. Don't recall off the top of my head, but I think it's something like 10 units per city, where communism isn't nearly that high.

Facism rox. I'm using it for the first time in my current game, and even though it's now 1990, I still haven't hit my unit limit of 240 (regular map).

Yeah, it's 10 per metro, less for other sizes, so as your facist cities are growing, you can support even more units.

Originally posted by akillias
I don't see much difference between Facism & Communism

well i think once you have actually played a game of civ you will see the differences.

Communism Support Rate:

6 (Town)/ 6 (City)/ 6 (Metropolis)

Facist Support Rate:

4 (Town)/ 7 (City)/ 10 (Metropolis)

bah usually i have a huge empire when i reach modern age but most of em varies from 8 to 12

Here's the strengths of each:

Fascism:
  • Faster workers
  • High support for large cities
  • Normal corruption

Communism:
  • Good support for all cities
  • Corruption model lets outer cities prosper
  • Secret Police HQ for less overall corruption
  • No foreign population problems

You get some of Democracy's characteristics (corruption, workers) and some of Communism's (good support, forced labor) if you choose Fascism. Just boils down to what you need when you want to change.

the loss of population isn't really a big deal IMO (2 loss per city) when switching to fascism, but the foreign pop. not producing culture is definitely a pain..

As I think I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't mind a Fascist - Communist government

facism rules, in my current game I can support up to 800 units for free and workers dig mines in 1 turn. At first I disliked the pop rush instead of overtime (gold) payements, but with the incredible corruption in my empire I am unable to build anything -save the core country- unless I use forced labor; works great, been able to build about 150 tanks in 3 turns, only cost me like 10 millions people according to the demos screen lol.

by the time i get fascism all there is for workers to do is clean up pollution since all the tiles are already improved. the unit support is nice though, as is no war weariness.

Top Bottom