BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Also, and the HOF mod guys should probably answer this for you, but I don't think that any HOF submission is dependent on you being able to save your BUFFY settings - it just means that you have to reset them to your liking at the start of each session.

Denniz is the man to answer this definitively but I think it is dependant. Will check :confused:

that worked thanks.

Also, and the HOF mod guys should probably answer this for you, but I don't think that any HOF submission is dependent on you being able to save your BUFFY settings - it just means that you have to reset them to your liking at the start of each session.

Obviously, the ideal solution is to fix the issue :).

Denniz is the man to answer this definitively but I think it is dependant. Will check :confused:
If it is the message I think it is, it also says that the game wouldn't be valid for HOF or GOTM which speaks for itself.

I'm not sure where to post this question, but every time I try to load BUFFY it has a error that says unable to save settings.
Also, and the HOF mod guys should probably answer this for you but ...
Denniz is the man to answer this
If it is the message I think it is, it also says that the game wouldn't be valid for HOF or GOTM which speaks for itself.
Righto - I'll go back to shutting up :blush:

Willem van Oranje has built the united nations AND is a vassal of Peter.
Peter simply abstained, when the elections came up.

The election page on the victory conditions screen is only an estimate. The actual voting situation depends on the hidden modifier adjusted relationship. Thus the comment about the 'statistical margin of error'.

The actual voting code is pretty complex and BUG / BUFFY mirrors it where it can, or substitutes 'friendly / pleased / etc' where the actual code uses the true hidden relationship.

That said, +18 is a pretty good indicator. I guess that there is a section in the code to deal with vassals (I am pretty sure we capture that) and masters (not sure if we capture that).

It's totally broken. You sound like a politician ;)

Good work on the rest of the mod though.

Only if you appear on page 3 in the "News in Briefs" section. And have big knockers. (you're Australian though: norks).

in that case ... guess I will have to stump somewhere else :D

I've spent a ton of time on several games, only to have to throw them away. Sometimes, I can replay a game from the crash point. But sometimes when I crash, and load the latest autosave file to replay the turn, I realize it's gone back more than one turn. I have had to modify my CivilizationIV.ini to change to autosave=1 about 6-8 times in the past year. It keeps reverting to it's default (autosave=4 or maybe 5, I forget).

Sometimes this happens after I try to install Warlords, or Vanilla (which is frustrating but understandable, since the .ini file probably gets overwritten). But sometimes this happens out of the blue, usually after I've dumped a ton of time into a Time Victory (Crashes are more likely to happen to me after I've been playing a long time, or on a big map, or in a game with lots of units. Am I'm cursed to wander around Tiny Quick Settler maps for all eternity?)

Does Civ or Buffy have some weird thing after a crash where it tries to "fix" itself my returning to the default .ini file?

I'm on Windows 7, and have done all of the recommended Vista/Win7 changes (I end up redoing them every time after attempting/failing to install Warlords).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, HammerTime

"Why is this happening to me? ... Is this real life? ...Is this going to be forever?" -David After Dentist :crazyeye:

This sometimes happens to me (I lose my civ4.ini settings) but I notice it straight away because I have disabled the opening movies. I now have a backup of my preferred settings so that I can cut and paste them in when it does happen.

Welcome to the HOF, HammerTime!

I've spent a ton of time on several games, only to have to throw them away. Sometimes, I can replay a game from the crash point. But sometimes when I crash, and load the latest autosave file to replay the turn, I realize it's gone back more than one turn. I have had to modify my CivilizationIV.ini to change to autosave=1 about 6-8 times in the past year. It keeps reverting to it's default (autosave=4 or maybe 5, I forget).

Sometimes this happens after I try to install Warlords, or Vanilla (which is frustrating but understandable, since the .ini file probably gets overwritten). But sometimes this happens out of the blue, usually after I've dumped a ton of time into a Time Victory (Crashes are more likely to happen to me after I've been playing a long time, or on a big map, or in a game with lots of units. Am I'm cursed to wander around Tiny Quick Settler maps for all eternity?)

Does Civ or Buffy have some weird thing after a crash where it tries to "fix" itself my returning to the default .ini file?

I'm on Windows 7, and have done all of the recommended Vista/Win7 changes (I end up redoing them every time after attempting/failing to install Warlords).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, HammerTime

"Why is this happening to me? ... Is this real life? ...Is this going to be forever?" -David After Dentist :crazyeye:

My BtS would occasionally do something similar to what you described:

BtS seems to overwrite one's custom CivilizationIV.ini with a CivilizationIV.ini containing default values every few days or weeks.

Here's my solution (work-around) for this issue:

I starting saving a "golden" (backup) CivilizationIV.ini that contains all the HOF required items and some optional ones for ease of Play. I just copy the "golden" (backup) CivilizationIV.ini over the one the Game uses frequently and I've never had this issue since.

I expanded the solution to do quick changes in Game options:

Since that worked so well, I've made several backup copies of my CivilizationIV.ini with specific sets of options preselected. Now, I can just copy a backup copy of CivilizationIV.ini that has several often used options (No Barbarians, No Vassals, No Tribal Villages, etc.) selected over the Game's copy, thus requiring fewer selections that need to be made by hand via the Game's GUI.

Sun Tzu Wu

Yes, I've had this happen to me a few times before I started using mods and since, so it's not specific to any one mod. Worse, I one time had BTS wipe the entire contents of My Games / Beyond the Sword--all saves, replays, CustomAssets, etc. :mad:

Since the only change I care about in my BTS.ini file is to set BUFFY to load automatically, I notice pretty quickly that buffy hasn't loaded, and that the take 2 intro bit plays. Quit, fix the file, restart, no worries. If I actually changed stuff other than that I'd certainly make sure I kept a backup for the random resets to the default .ini

I'm not sure where to post this question, but every time I try to load BUFFY it has a error that says unable to save settings. Game will not be valid for HOF submission. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

Most likely scenario os that you are using Vista or Windows 7. If you're not intending to submit games for the Hall of Fame or Game of the Month or compete in the Succession Game of the Month then this is nothing to worry about (although you should probably just use BUG in this case). If you are please have a look at our Vista/Win 7 fixes. These should solve this problem.

I'm having this problem as well. I'm using Windows 7 and have tried everything off windows 7 fixes page including creating a second administrator account. All my civ4 .exe files are set to run as admin mode. Any other idea to fix it?

Also, I've tried to run the asset checker .exe and it says it cannot locate my civ4 folder. (It's in D:program Files...etc, instead of C:)

I'm having this problem as well. I'm using Windows 7 and have tried everything off windows 7 fixes page including creating a second administrator account. All my civ4 .exe files are set to run as admin mode. Any other idea to fix it?

Also, I've tried to run the asset checker .exe and it says it cannot locate my civ4 folder. (It's in D:program Files...etc, instead of C:)
Ah, breakthrough! Did you move Civ4 manually after you installed it or something? I am guessing that the Civ4 Registry entries aren't pointing to the right install path. That messes with a lot of things. The Assetchecker, Mapfinder and BUFFY use the registry to find things. Another possibility is that you have a version\edition of Civ4 (original CD, Civ4 Complete, Civ4 Gold, Steam, etc.) with different registry keys.

I'm not sure where to post this question, but every time I try to load BUFFY it has a error that says unable to save settings. Game will not be valid for HOF submission. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

After installation of Windows 7 I had the same issue. Every time when loading Civ this nasty warning promt was appearing. But after selecting "Run as administrator" and reboot it was possible to run Buffy without being prompt.

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 235
Top Bottom