Fake Cheat Confirmation?

Lord_Hill

Prince
Hi guys,

I'm attempting to collate and verify cheat codes for Civ 2 (after playing a game to death, I like to explore everything that the programmers have hidden away in the games I own!) and there's one code that I'm having trouble confirming/debunking.

Almost everything listed on the various internet cheat sites, faqs and even this site is either a function of the built in cheat mode (which there's no need to document as it's all in the manual anyway), or an exploit (I'm only interested in the stuff that the programmers intended to be used as a cheat/debugging aid, rather than taking advantage of a bug).

The only one I'm not sure about is being able to control AI cities, which is supposedly activated in the following way: "press V, move diagonally into an opponent's city, and press [Enter]. Then, the city's productivity may be altered or units disbanded." Has anyone ever got this one to work? I've not had any luck so far with my copy of MGE.

A feature of the cheat menu that doesn't appear to be in the manual (but is kind of mentioned in the patch notes) which I just stumbled across is that you can watch all of the movies in the game (wonders, win, lose, space win) by holding down shift and clicking on the various options in the 'World' menu. Holding down shift and clicking on 'summon high council' is another way to active the 'council cheat'.

This is almost certainly very old news for most people here so I won't witter on, I've pretty much given up on that 'enemy city' cheat. It's quite useless anyway as the cheat menu gives that ability by default, just a curiosity.

The "press v, select city and enter" method is just how you'd normally edit the city in cheat/scenario edition mode, once you revealed the entire map.
With a cheat menu already built into the game, I don't think there was any point at all to implement additional cheats.
Civ 1 at least had the "randomize leaders" semi-cheat, which didn't really do that much but I don't think there is anything of that sort in Civ 2.

Top Bottom