Where do we get vanilla patch 1.74 anymore?

billybgame

King
`The link at Patches here does not work. I'm getting pretty frustrated, as I've been also searching online elsewhere to no avail. Seems odd I was able to get 1.61 and install it, but can't download 1.74, from a site, or even in game anymore, so it seems.

Anyone? Been at this for hours...really would like to get this working ASAP!

hmm...not sure where you were trying to download it from here, but this link seems to work fine:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6183

No...actually it doesn't....yes, the link works, but the download does not....it ends up going to a page that says something about "authentication key not valid" or some stuff. Think it has to be the site...tried on two different computers.

Is there anywhere else to get this that's safe?

ha..yep..just tested it. chrome actually marks it as "malicious" and stops the download. Not sure how that happened. The file size looks correct.

The file in this link looks ok though:

https://archive.org/download/Civilization_IV_Patch

Also, note that most online download vendors have the Complete edition which pretty much comes all patched up, so you might look for sales on the game. (i assume you have a disk copy)

ha..yep..just tested it. chrome actually marks it as "malicious" and stops the download. Not sure how that happened. The file size looks correct.

The file in this link looks ok though:

https://archive.org/download/Civilization_IV_Patch

Also, note that most online download vendors have the Complete edition which pretty much comes all patched up, so you might look for sales on the game. (i assume you have a disk copy)

Sigh....the link you posted isn't working either....can't load the page...tried in FFox and Chrome.

ugh..well, it worked for me just a few minutes ago, but now the site appears down or something. Try again in a few minutes, or simply google "civilization 4 1.74 patch". there are several options there

edit: also, I'll report the site link to Thunderfall as well

ugh..well, it worked for me just a few minutes ago, but now the site appears down or something. Try again in a few minutes, or simply google "civilization 4 1.74 patch". there are several options there

edit: also, I'll report the site link to Thunderfall as well

Did try Googling extensively....but ran out of options:( I did only try "civ 4 1.74 patch" though:) I'll look further.

None of those other sites work either...they are all the same ones I tried before I posted in frustration.

and try archive.org again later. Odd that it would go down right when we are trying this, but it worked completely fine 25 minutes ago

also, note that if you actually get a file to install, but still have issues, it could be OS related. This thread may be of use, and should pretty much apply to Win 10 as well:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537

We are using Win 7....it's always worked fairly fine for me.....well, at least for a long while....son's laptop is also Win 7 64 bit, too though. Sure were looking forward to playing today:(

Edit: Hah...just tried again after posting...archive site worked and patch currently downloading...thanks Lymond.

Great! :) I hope you get it working and enjoy a nice game with your boy

Isnt the 1.74 patch lying on the Warlords CD? Not home atm so cant test, but when installing civ it would tell "there is a newer version available" and then updating vanilla (and warlords) to their latest version.
Maybe we can get CFC to host the updates, as I heard many who have trouple finding patches.

Isnt the 1.74 patch lying on the Warlords CD? Not home atm so cant test, but when installing civ it would tell "there is a newer version available" and then updating vanilla (and warlords) to their latest version.
Maybe we can get CFC to host the updates, as I heard many who have trouple finding patches.

hmm...I don't think that is correct. For one, I think 1.74 came after the initial release of Warlords. And I recall having to patch everything up back when I actually used the disks. Ofc, back then, you updated from directly within the game which no longer works since Firaxis dropped the patches, which was kinda not so nice of them.

I don't know though. Maybe in the pre-Vista days the patching worked more automatically then, but I'm pretty sure it still had to download the patches as part of the install process. That certainly doesn't work now, as according to the post-Vista install advice posted above, you have to install patches in a specific order across vanilla and expansions.

Top Bottom